iJust 3 tank safety issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MF.crowley

Feb 11, 2019
I just got the ijust 3 kit that came with the ello duro tank, im not too clued up on vaping but I thought at least were the tank connects to the mod at the pin there should be a decent gap where the pin connects to the other.
On my ijust there is less than a millimetre gap there and its making me quite uncomfortable I noticed it when I unscrewed the tank :/
My question is, is the tank safe? is the pin on the battery part of the device made to only cover the surface area of the pin on the tank and not touch the threading or has maybe the pin been pushed in too far?
I noticed the pin has play you can push it back and forth but there is nothing really to hold it from going all the way in I feel please could someone let me know if I'm being silly.
Is there some kind of protection built in that will stop the battery from shorting if this could be a problem and somehow the thread touches the pin while its being fired.

cheers in advance folks and sorry if its a daft question!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
It should be fine.
Where did you buy the kit?
Does the tank work when attached to the battery?
Does the battery flash "warning" lights and not fire?
Why do you think it is not safe or functioning properly? Did you watch a video or read an article that makes you feel that way?

Cheers
I

• Disagree
Reactions: MJCSD

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I found the protections Ijust one has,they are similar devices.You are protected.

"Atomizer Protection: Every time when vaping time exceeds 15 seconds, the indicator light flashes 10 times and the output cuts off automatically.
Short Circuit Protection: If short circuit occurs before vaping, the indicator light will flash 5 times and the output cuts off automatically when you start to vape; if short circuit occurs during vaping, the indicator light will flash 3 times.
Low Voltage Protection: When the voltage of the device is lower than 3.3V, the indicator light flashes 40 times and there is no output when vaping. Charge the device to reactivate it.
Resistance Detect: If the output load resistance is higher than 3.0 ohm, the indicator light will flash slowly to indicate that no atomizer is detected when vaping; if the ouput load resistance is lower than 0.15 ohm, the indicator light will flash 5 times to indicate a low output load or a short circuit when vaping".

Cheers

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Is there some kind of protection built in that will stop the battery from shorting if this could be a problem and somehow the thread touches the pin while its being fired.

cheers in advance folks and sorry if its a daft question!

Far from it. It's actually an unusually perceptive question, although as the others have said it's not a problem in your situation. Using that tank with a hybrid mech mod would be a potential explosion. With your mod (a.k.a. the battery part) you have two sources of protection:
  • As you surmised, the corresponding bit on your mod is designed to only touch the pin and not the threading.
  • Your mod has short-circuit protection, so if something went wrong and the threading did connect, it should just give you an error message (in the form of blinking lights).

Reactions: greek mule

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks a lot for the replies folks and nah I didn't read it anywhere I just noticed the pin was really shallow so if there was any play of the pin at all the threading may be able to touch the mod so it made me worry a bit!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Eleaf makes a number of good quality products, not to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread