IKV 510 Cartomizer Gold V2 Life? Issues within...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeQueen

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Midwest
A while ago I finally procured some of the 510 Cartomizer Gold V2 cartos. While I feel that the first 2 fills on these were indeed vape worthy, the subsequent fills have left me with the following experience:

• The draw is incredibly tight.
• The fill has increased in size to such a degree that I cannot even see the center hole.
• Vapor production has diminished.
• Taste seems to have noticeably declined.

Any suggestions on what to do, other than send the remaining cartos to the classifieds?
Is there something tricksy I should know about these?

I really wanted to like these, but am at a loss at the moment. Yes, I've used Cartos before (Joye, Boge CE2s, Mega Dual coils, etc.). Yes, I tried the drip method. Yes, I tried the syringe fill method. No, I don't use the condom method, and don't ever plan to. Yes, I know that they need time to soak up the juice. Yes, I've had juices of different viscosity in these. No, it's not my first time at the rodeo. ;)

Now, with all that said - Thanks for any help!

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
I've had the same issue & I bought 30 of them. I have been using the 801 Fusions--much better. I did have aprior order and they were all perfect. I just think there were some real duds in his last order.

Personally, I don't think you should put them in the classifieds unless they are free. You don't want to pass damaged goods along to another.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Mine have gotten a little filler over the hole, I just move it out of the hole. It happens to me from putting the bottle in them to siphon out the excess juice. I've been using them since the day they came out alternating with fusions and I've never had all them other problems. There is no one size fits all in the carto world and one mans/womens treasure is another mans/womens trash. Maybe they're just not for you.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It also comes down to what some folks expect out of their cartos, keeping in mind that a carto was once meant for 1 fill and perhaps a refill or two, hence why folks went to attys and carts. There has been improvements in their construction, but how long are they really suppose to last. I have gotten 5 weeks out of one (abnormal) 2 weeks is more the norm until they go stale.

Aug%202010.jpg
I was gifted this eGo mega atty (type a) in Aug 2010) It was cleaned for the first time last week. I flushed it out with alcohol and it is still performing at 95%.

Do I expect all my attys to work this long? No, but it is nice to get a good one every now and again. Some have lasted 6 months or more (most) and some only a matter of weeks (from HC). My SLBs and JoyE have always performed extremely well.

ShoeQueen

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Midwest
Thanks for the input, guys! Nice to know I wasn't the only one with issues. I'm glad I did try them. Still new to all the ecig stuff out here, and it's good to experience different models on stuff. So Ikenvape, I salute you. You have a lot of folks that love you, and I'm sure it's well deserved. I really loved that I was able to get silver colored cartos from you, which I've had a hard time finding. This newbie will continue her search for her perfect vape, but is glad she gave you a try. :)

Rock on, Ikenvape, rock on! :headbang:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I have one carto in particular I have this issue with... I'm stubborn so I keep trying to clear the filler out of the air hole, and it works to some degree. I also adjusted the bottom with a screw driver, that seems to help, but these cartos definitely have a tight draw as compared to some of the others out there.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
I am really tired of being talked down to because I have cartos that are duds. I understand that the true vapers can triple pull and blow vapor for five minutes, and therefore if I cannot, I am not using the cartos correctly. As stated in several posts before this one, I have had good Gold v2s, and the ones I got this last time have been duds. I have not tried all of them, but all of the ones I have tried do not draw. Yes swithched, the are disposable, but Ikenvape's cartos are not advertized as cartos that you fill up and then toss away when they don't work just because they are meant to be thrown away. It just ticks me off that people cannot imagine that some folks in China might have gooofed up.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I am really tired of being talked down to because I have cartos that are duds. I understand that the true vapers can triple pull and blow vapor for five minutes, and therefore if I cannot, I am not using the cartos correctly. As stated in several posts before this one, I have had good Gold v2s, and the ones I got this last time have been duds. I have not tried all of them, but all of the ones I have tried do not draw. Yes swithched, the are disposable, but Ikenvape's cartos are not advertized as cartos that you fill up and then toss away when they don't work just because they are meant to be thrown away. It just ticks me off that people cannot imagine that some folks in China might have gooofed up.
Quite simple have you talked to Isaac yet? I am sure he wants to know.

Wrt cartos, all cartos are semi-disposable IMO. Regardless of source, I also believe that some folks are inflating their numbers, or they vape lightly as 8 months on a carto is reaching, once again IMHO. If someone gets 2 weeks out of one (great performance) and it starts to go stale, then that carto has served th individual well. Attys on the other hand, should last well past 3-4 if cared for properly, and that is not maintaining them. A simple blow every now and again is all that is required. The worst thing you can do to an atty is dry burn them, yet that practice has spread like wildfire :(

richuncle

Nov 17, 2009
A while ago I finally procured some of the 510 Cartomizer Gold V2 cartos. While I feel that the first 2 fills on these were indeed vape worthy, the subsequent fills have left me with the following experience:

• The draw is incredibly tight.
• The fill has increased in size to such a degree that I cannot even see the center hole.
• Vapor production has diminished.
• Taste seems to have noticeably declined.

Any suggestions on what to do, other than send the remaining cartos to the classifieds?
Is there something tricksy I should know about these?

I really wanted to like these, but am at a loss at the moment. Yes, I've used Cartos before (Joye, Boge CE2s, Mega Dual coils, etc.). Yes, I tried the drip method. Yes, I tried the syringe fill method. No, I don't use the condom method, and don't ever plan to. Yes, I know that they need time to soak up the juice. Yes, I've had juices of different viscosity in these. No, it's not my first time at the rodeo. ;)

Now, with all that said - Thanks for any help!

I just bought 10 of those, and so far the first 2 are not doing anything. I cannot get a draw hardly at all...I wrote Isaac, not heard anything yet. Too expensive to not work at all, gonna try the 3rd...I will send them back to him. I have had trouble with the "silver" ones all along...Best I have used are the 801's megas...This is no good. A bad batch???

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Switched, you are so right. Contacting Isaac should have been my first action. What I did was start responding to others when they were commenting on their cartos. There have been multiple posts on these cartos. And then when I started reading responses that it was the juice, the lack of knowing how to vape, if we did it right there would be no problem, blah blah, I just got frustrated with the belief that there might be a problem with at least some of the cartos. I can afford ot if I get some duds, but others might be strapped

Quite simple have you talked to Isaac yet? I am sure he wants to know.

Wrt cartos, all cartos are semi-disposable IMO. Regardless of source, I also believe that some folks are inflating their numbers, or they vape lightly as 8 months on a carto is reaching, once again IMHO. If someone gets 2 weeks out of one (great performance) and it starts to go stale, then that carto has served th individual well. Attys on the other hand, should last well past 3-4 if cared for properly, and that is not maintaining them. A simple blow every now and again is all that is required. The worst thing you can do to an atty is dry burn them, yet that practice has spread like wildfire :(

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Switched, you are so right. Contacting Isaac should have been my first action. What I did was start responding to others when they were commenting on their cartos. There have been multiple posts on these cartos. And then when I started reading responses that it was the juice, the lack of knowing how to vape, if we did it right there would be no problem, blah blah, I just got frustrated with the belief that there might be a problem with at least some of the cartos. I can afford ot if I get some duds, but others might be strapped

I hear ya my good man.

greymattergirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Lake Placid, Florida
I have used these cartos on my Infinity and on my ProVari..on the Infinity every carto (and there were some duds in my second batch) had a delightful draw, on the Provari, 90% of them had a much tighter air flow, to the point of unusable in some cases. I don't know why the draw varies so much from one PV to the other, but it's just something to think about..might not be Isaac's cartos might be the PV. I know this won't be the case for every one, but it does seem to be a factor in some cases. Before writing it off as a bad carto, try it on another PV..doesn't hurt just to see if it works before trashing it completly and maybe saves a couple dollars. :)

daniel5383

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
i also think that isaac should make a page on his site that properly shows how to fill each cartomizer and take care of them because some people are just tards and try a carto one time, get a bad hit, and never try them again...im one of those tards btw...tried a carto from madvapes, it was disgusting, so i went to straight attys then my sister showed me how great a carto can be :)

greymattergirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Lake Placid, Florida
i also think that isaac should make a page on his site that properly shows how to fill each cartomizer and take care of them because some people are just tards and try a carto one time, get a bad hit, and never try them again...im one of those tards btw...tried a carto from madvapes, it was disgusting, so i went to straight attys then my sister showed me how great a carto can be :)

aww, thanks danny..i may have shown you cartos, but you showed me vaping so we're even, lol..i would have done the same thing though..if my first carto had been that madvapes one i would never have tried them again..IkenVape really opened up a whole new world of vaping for us, took something we loved, and made it even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread