I'm a bad girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarrzChylde

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
So, when I first joined this forum a while back, I was a good girl. I had learned the error of my ways, no thanks to BLU (lol), and had joined in the wonderful world of vaping.

AND THEN.... I relapsed. :S

I was analog free for almost two months and blew it. While I was analog free, I felt better. My lungs didn't hurt. I was losing weight and feeling great. Yeah, that ended about a week after I fell off the wagon.

So, I'm trying to be a good girl again and start over. Broke out the ol' 510, looking to buy an EGO. I think my problem before, rather I know my problem before, was that my 510 batts just weren't cutting it for me. Not enough oomph to keep me going.

So, wish me luck everyone! Cause I have a feeling I'm going to need it. LOL

dna

Jan 1, 2011
Massachusetts
The thing about vaping in my (very newbie experience) is that smoking an analog isn't quite falling off the wagon in the way it is if you're going cold turkey or doing the gum/patch/etc. So, you stuck a different sort of nicotine device in your mouth. It's not the end of the world.

I say this all the while getting it, of course, because I've done the same thing. But I think sometimes the emphasis on "quitting smoking" is almost an enemy to the process itself. So you smoked some cigarettes. Well, don't do that anymore - do this instead.

Don't stress too hard, you know? (And I am not trying to oversimplify the emotions here because I don't understand them -- because I do, I really do.) Just do this instead of that. And if you do that a time or two, no big deal, but the next time, do this instead. :)

StarrzChylde

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
Hey now, smbray, watch it. LOL

HzG8rGrl- Thanks! My prob with the 510 batts was the battery life. I chainvape when at the comp or in the car, and was less than pleased at how quickly it seemed my batts did the blinky-light of doom telling me they needed to be charged. I could have gone with a pass-thru, but was flat broke at the time, and it wouldn't have helped me in the car anyway. (My cig lighter is dead. GO FIGURE!) LOL

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Liberty-Flights has eGo kits for $40 and Riva (same thing) for $29.99 right now. I have several...all your 510 stuff will work....the Riva is SUCH a deal. Well worth the investment....it will change your game. I started with the 510, and this is the way to go. Make sure you click on the 20% off button top left on the home page.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
StarrzChylde MadHatter's suggestion on trying LR attys is a good one. When I first started vaping a 5v passthrough helped get me through a lot of times when I really craved a cigarette. It delivers just more oomph than a 510 or an Ego. Even if you can't use it in the car it will help at home. And the battery life of an Ego makes it so much easier to vape than a regular 510 battery.

Congratulations on returning to vaping. We've all had our setbacks along the way but we're all still here.

BTW I never planned on quitting cigarettes. I came here to see what an e-cigarette looked like 16 months.

Last edited:

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Yeah, StarrzChylde. that is the same reason that I don't have another month and a half. :( Equipment failure kept me on the analogs that much longer. :confused: When I finally realized these things need some up keep and care I was OK. :)I keep extra bats. ejuice and attys all of the time and everywhere I go. Also chargers. It takes a little effort, but its a lot better than smoking. You'll do fine. :2cool: Enjoy the journey and welcome back.:vapor:

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The important thing is that you'd back on the horse. The secret to success is falling down nine times and getting up ten, right? :)

I second the recommendation for either an eGo kit or Riva kit from Liberty Flights... great pricing, and fast shipping. The only thing you might want to keep in mind if you order the Riva kit is that it only comes with one cone. Not a major deal in my opinion as I haven't noticed much difference with or without a cone, but some think that it warms the vapor... YMMV.

Welcome back, and good luck! :)

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Congrats on getting back to vaping and off those foul smelling disaster sticks. I can understand your lack of battery power. I listened to "Trog" and my very first device was the Screwdriver to vape with. It runs at 3.7v and I hit it all day long and most of the evening. I've got a few batteries that I rotate and keep charged. After around 8 hours, I just pop in a fresh battery and keep on vaping all evening. It's a mechanical vaping machine.:thumb:

Best of luck this time around.

melts

Jan 4, 2011
Dallas
same deal with me -- puny battery just didn't give enough vapor so i again ended up with analog coughing fits, sore lungs etc. I then got turned on to the ego from a local vaping shop in my town back in september. it's all i've needed ever since -- totally did the trick -- totally different experience -- and puts out enough smoke-oomph to keep me being good. the ego was the deal-changer. bet it won't be so hard for you.

So, when I first joined this forum a while back, I was a good girl. I had learned the error of my ways, no thanks to BLU (lol), and had joined in the wonderful world of vaping.

AND THEN.... I relapsed. :S

I was analog free for almost two months and blew it. While I was analog free, I felt better. My lungs didn't hurt. I was losing weight and feeling great. Yeah, that ended about a week after I fell off the wagon.

So, I'm trying to be a good girl again and start over. Broke out the ol' 510, looking to buy an EGO. I think my problem before, rather I know my problem before, was that my 510 batts just weren't cutting it for me. Not enough oomph to keep me going.

So, wish me luck everyone! Cause I have a feeling I'm going to need it. LOL

Please don't confuse "equipment failure" with desire failure; just try again with a new one.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Best of luck!! Find some good ejuices and find some you like. I use a couple of regular tobacco ejuices I like and also have a couple with a bigger TH for when I need it and some smoother sweeter tobacco ejuices. Sometimes I mix in the cart depending on what I need. Sometimes at night I set up two PVs, my usual PV with a tobacco vape and another PV with a sweeter fun vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread