I'm confused about cinnamon e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
So, I recently ordered to samplers from fuzion vapor and to be honest all of the flavors sucked except for hell frozen over, which is a cinnamon menthol type of vape. After trying a bunch of liquids it is probably my favorite and w looking for other vendors that sell cinnamon liquid (btw I'm not diy-ing) but in my search there are a lot of threads that heed against vaping cinnamon flavors because it could harm my lungs or whatever...I don't really feel like having to e-mail each vendor in order to get the full list of ingredients or whatever to see if their cinnamon is going to give me permanent lung damage or not but I would like to know if there are any key words I should watch out for in a description or if I should not worry that much?:confused:

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
from the Wikipedia article
"As an antimicrobial
Another use for cinnamaldehyde is as an antimicrobial. Researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago (who were funded by the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company) have found that cinnamic aldehyde, when used in Big Red, prevented oral bacterial growth by more than 50%.[9] It is especially effective against bacteria living at the back of the tongue, reducing anaerobic bacteria populations by about 43%.

from an About.com article
In one fun (but unpublished) study, researchers found that sniffing cinnamon resulted in improved brain function -– subjects did better on memory and attention tasks when taking whiffs of cinnamon as opposed to other odors or no odor. However, the potential health benefits of cinnamon that have received the most attention have to do with its effects on blood glucose and cholesterol.

I say, Vape On!

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Thanks for input...some threads on the forum have said that cinnamon liquids could cause harm to lungs as well as cream flavored liquids, which sucks because I only like cinnamon vapes and not those dessert vapes with a hint of cinnamon the types that melt tanks lol

The flavors to stay away from also are the ones that contain diacetyl.

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
Holy crap! I found this in Wikipedia:
Worker safety

The United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has suggested diacetyl, when used in artificial butter flavoring (as used in many consumer foods), may be hazardous when heated and inhaled over a long period.

Workers in several factories that manufacture artificial butter flavoring have been diagnosed with bronchiolitis obliterans, a rare and serious disease of the lungs. The cases found have been mainly in young, healthy, nonsmoking males. Lung transplantation is the only known cure for bronchiolitis obliterans.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Kopfstimmen, here are pages and pages (and pages and pages) of conversation and good education about diacetyl from WAY back in this forum; search is easy. It's a valid concern and the conclusion is, who knows at this point re vaping it? As a community we seem to heartily disagree amongst ourselves re whether to worry much or not.
ALL conscientious vendors have removed food flavorings that contain it from their line. None that deserve your business object to your asking; many publish related info on their site.
But know that the diacetyl substitutes are as problematic and possibly worse. If you decide it's of concern to you, stay away from creamy, buttery flavors and ask about whether any particular flavor contains diacetyl OR diacetyl substitutes. I think best not to turn this into another diacetyl thread - old ones can always be bumped if more discussion or dissemination seems important to anyone.
It's my personally most hated E-Forum conversation, not because it's not important but because of the possibility that it is. Sigh.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

And Eugenol. But know that aside from cinnamon sugar type vapes (think churros), this is likely what you're going to get. Any fiery cinnamon flavor is more often than not going to have cinnamaldehyde and or eugenol. It was fine for me at first, but after awhile it started hurting my chest and not in good way at all. :facepalm: OH, and it didn't help that it melted the plastic bottles that it came in, the drip tips (acrylic), and o-rings. But then again, everybody has the right to vape how they want and to see and or not see problems with this or that. Doowhatya'like.

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
Thanks for the wiki link.

I've just ordered some organic cinnamon e liquid and was wondering about this as well. All that I knew was that it is considered to be an irritant.

Here's a question, a natural flavor that could be used in liquid that promotes increased saliva production to combat dry mouth, any ideas?

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
on a side note.. Fuzion doesn't suck whatsoever.

curious to know which other flavors you tried and didn't like?

Gumby/Unicorn/Chuck Norris Blood are just 3 amazing juices from Shane.

Bob Marley's Blood/Milli Vanilli/Unicorn Blood/Purple Pieman/XTC and Hell Frozen Over which was the best the rest just didn't do it for me, they each had a really weird aerosol taste except for hell frozen over/ and yes i steeped them for awhile and still nothing, tried in cartos and clearos and the like still no good

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I know actual cinnamon powder can scar your lungs if inhaled, just Google cinnamon effects on lungs. This may be why ppl assume it will harm your lungs, I have not vaped anything cinnamon but would assume what is used in liquids is different than the powder. Melting plastic does raise concerns I though, possibly a 10 - 15 year to do enough damage to be noticeable if anything at all.

We are the guinea pigs and will be the ones that will show the long term effects of vaping if any at all. I believe the flavors would be the problem if anything at all. The rest of the ingredients have been tested somewhat.

Please note I said several times "if anything at all " I choose to believe there are little to no long term side effects but I guess we will see. I also vape several tank cracking liquids but should probably keep those yummy flavors to a minimum but doubt that will happen XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread