I'm doin' it wrong. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
I bought a vapage bottom feeder a few months ago. It took me a couple weeks of futzing with it to figure it out. It has an 18650 and i've been using various 1.5 attys with it and i get great hits and seem to be able to keep it going for a while with no futzing.

Then i went for the top shelf and bought a reo grand. I'm amazed at the quality. I've been futzing with it for a few weeks now and just can't get it. I use gorrilla juice, exclusively. it's a bit thick. I don't use the little tube thingie that goes inside the feed tube.

i have to give a really good squeeze to get the atomizer damp. most of the juice ends up in the well. It does seem to draw up into the atty as i vape. But after a few vapes with a new atty into which i've initially dripped a few drops, it stops working well. I can't get a good hit. I squeeze, i blow, i remove the atty and blow it out, but then i'm back to where i started and this can't be right. One shouldn't be pulling the atty every few vapes, should they?

I've tried the io6, cisco 510s, iken 510s, and a most of the attys suggested here. I'm doing something wrong and don't know what it is. It almost feels like there should be a little tube going up into the atty itself, or something.

Could someone give me a detailed description of LR vaping with their Reo? Start at the point where you just screwed on a new atty and tell me what you do. I'd appreciate it.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear you are having those problems for so long. Let me try to help you!

With a new atty sometimes I drip a couple of drops in after putting it on.

I only do the blind squonk. Drawing while squonking without firing. I stop when I hear the slight gurgle. No juice goes into the cup. Then I fire and vape.

I only use 100% VG which is on the thicker side.

One blind squonk usually gives me a few good vapes. You really have to pay attention at first to the sound and resistance as you vape. I also draw a second or two before firing to vape. That will pull the juice up into the atty more. Especially if the REO has been sitting awhile.

I never blow out an atty. Even if I hear lots of gurgle and have reduced vapor. I will just draw lighter and vape through it.

That is another thing. People will draw different. Lots depend on the atty. Some have lots of airflow and others are quite tight. We just have to adapt our draw to the atty.

You say you must give a really good squeeze. If your bottle is full it should just take a very short and easy squonk. Check your tubing and see if the opening is against the bottom or side of the bottle restricting juice from traveling to the atty. Make sure your cap is not on too tight also.

Hope some of this helps. Let us know!

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear you are having those problems for so long. Let me try to help you!

With a new atty sometimes I drip a couple of drops in after putting it on.

I only do the blind squonk. Drawing while squonking without firing. I stop when I hear the slight gurgle. No juice goes into the cup. Then I fire and vape.

I only use 100% VG which is on the thicker side.

One blind squonk usually gives me a few good vapes. You really have to pay attention at first to the sound and resistance as you vape. I also draw a second or two before firing to vape. That will pull the juice up into the atty more. Especially if the REO has been sitting awhile.

I never blow out an atty. Even if I hear lots of gurgle and have reduced vapor. I will just draw lighter and vape through it.

That is another thing. People will draw different. Lots depend on the atty. Some have lots of airflow and others are quite tight. We just have to adapt our draw to the atty.

You say you must give a really good squeeze. If your bottle is full it should just take a very short and easy squonk. Check your tubing and see if the opening is against the bottom or side of the bottle restricting juice from traveling to the atty. Make sure your cap is not on too tight also.

Hope some of this helps. Let us know!

Thank you, nerak. You actually gave me the most important tidbit of info-to squonk while drawing without firing. Others may have said this before but i missed it. makes perfect sense.

I was close. I'd draw without firing to lower the pool in the well and draw that ocean of juice (it actually developed tidal flows) up into the atty some. never thought to do it accompanied by a light squeeze. that's the cat's meow. it makes so much more sense now in getting the juice though the atty's bottom hole and not into the 8th Sea.

I'm at work and didn't bring my reo. But I have extremely high confidence now. It does work with my vapage BF, though that uses a completely different method of fluidics to move juice vertically.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
In my experience, the blind squonk works best with 306 atties. With a 510, if you hear a gurgle, you're likely flooding it. With a 357, if you hear the gurgle you might as well blow it out...

Once you can blind squonk a 306, then try a 510. You can feel the pressure change, but you want to stop before you actually hear it...

Just wanted to point out that the attie definitely makes a difference, and I find the 306s to be the easiest to learn. Others will disagree, though, so as always YMMV...

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
306's with a see through drip tip were the easiest for me to learn on. The see through tip allows you to see a thin layer of juice on the atty. (and if it is dry or flooded)
Blind squonking is the way to go. Eventually you will be able to vape all day and keep your catch cup completely dry.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Congratulations and welcome!!!!!!

This calls for a banana dance!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

As others have said The Blind squonk is the only way IMO. Light preasure while drawing with out firing and hold till you hear the slightest gurgle and stop drawing and pressing imediatly when heard! Then vape!!!! as the juice goes down in the bottle you will have to apply more preasure, but never should you need to to really squish it.

Love to see a pic when you get a chance and dont forget to post in the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/217670-reo-roll-call-65.html#post6189023 thread.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
I got home and made a beeline for my reo while the cat was all :blink: The technique works perfectly. Now I'm beginning to understand the love for reos. I got a basic black aluminum block mod. I'm falling in love with it. After a couple hours, it's still giving me great hits. I've been looking for my all day, take anywhere pv for over a year. It appears the search is over. My dripping rig is sitting there all :(. My reo is sitting there in it's solid aluminum, machined wonderfulness all :p. I sit here all :drool:.

Thanks so much guys. I never imagined the solution would be so simple.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I got home and made a beeline for my reo while the cat was all :blink: The technique works perfectly. Now I'm beginning to understand the love for reos. I got a basic black aluminum block mod. I'm falling in love with it. After a couple hours, it's still giving me great hits. I've been looking for my all day, take anywhere pv for over a year. It appears the search is over. My dripping rig is sitting there all :(. My reo is sitting there in it's solid aluminum, machined wonderfulness all :p. I sit here all :drool:.

Glad to hear it!!!!!! Enjoy your REO bliss!!!!! :toast:

REOs really are the easiest most conveient simple to use mod/pv out there. Congratulations again!!!! :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

It is not a secret that the REO's are "all that" and more! Glad to be of help! And even more glad that you are now in vaping bliss!

Jeann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
The Netherlands
Welcome!

hehe, am not a blind squonker, i just don't like to squonk while i have it in my mouth. i may or may not keep an eye on the catchcup while squonking, but i always check if the atty is wet enough by a good draw without fireing and listen for the gurgle. that i learnd the hard way and from the blind squonkers :D oh and my catchcup is always a little bath, quess thats because of not blind squonking and liking my atty's very wet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread