Im "drinking" e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

vil55

Feb 26, 2018
Lithuania
Hello folks, I just created account because nobody could answer wtf is going on :/
I am not even sure if this is the right sub to post this...
So here's the deal: Like a month ago I came back home, picked up my smok v8 and was about to vape, when i just literally sucked in e-liquid into my mouth, although 2 hours before that it was all cool. I then changed my coil (0.15 ohm) and still no change whatsoever... Then i tried out 0.2 ohm coil, since i was there was much more puffy white stuff that absorbs the liquid ( i don't know how you call it) and it had 3 heating spirals, so it basically had no hollow space. I didn't really like how it worked, since it was harder to inhale but I carried on for a month and now i tried 0.15 ohm again, and thus the problem persists... It does not leak when it stands still, but if i decide to BLOW instead of inhaling it just goes all through the vents on my fingers, table and nerves... I need help before I accidentally kill someone by throwing this from the 5th floor...

P.S. also if i try to inhale it goes into my mouth ,although not as intesively...

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hello folks, I just created account because nobody could answer ... is going on :/
I am not even sure if this is the right sub to post this...
So here's the deal: Like a month ago I came back home, picked up my Smok V8 and was about to vape, when i just literally sucked in e-liquid into my mouth, although 2 hours before that it was all cool. I then changed my coil (0.15 ohm) and still no change whatsoever... Then i tried out 0.2 ohm coil, since i was there was much more puffy white stuff that absorbs the liquid ( i don't know how you call it) and it had 3 heating spirals, so it basically had no hollow space. I didn't really like how it worked, since it was harder to inhale but I carried on for a month and now i tried 0.15 ohm again, and thus the problem persists... It does not leak when it stands still, but if i decide to BLOW instead of inhaling it just goes all through the vents on my fingers, table and nerves... I need help before I accidentally kill someone by throwing this from the 5th floor...

P.S. also if i try to inhale it goes into my mouth ,although not as intesively...
Make sure all the o-rings are in place..

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
But my tank is not really leaking. im just sucking in the juice from it...
Your tank is getting too much liquid at the coils. It sounds like yours is flooding. This could happen from bad or no o-rings. Take it apart and make sure all the o-rings are in place and let us know.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Never had that kind of problem with a smok tank, except for the time when the top opened on me and i didnt know it, then i drew up a mouthful of juice. But thats different. But like eveybody says, check the o rings. Some people dont like smok tanks and coils at all but personally, ive had great success with them. Screwing the coil heads in too tight will definitely deform the o rings and cause juice to leak so when you put the coil in, tighten it finger tight.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would check the top O-ring specifically, to make sure you have a seal. Without a bit of a vacuum seal, the tank can "flow" juice too quickly, leading to the symptoms you are describing although yes, any of the O-rings being damaged could cause this. Do you think you might be inhaling "harder" on that coil type that is giving you trouble? Sometimes if something is not wicking well or providing enough vapor at a particular wattage, leading to longer, harder draws, although it sounds like the problem starts when you vape it, which leads me to suspect an O ring, that or a bad set of coils. It's weird, but not outside the realm of possibility, that different coils provide different "tolerance" levels, as far as a vacuum.

Best of luck, sorting it out.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Never had that kind of problem with a smok tank, except for the time when the top opened on me and i didnt know it, then i drew up a mouthful of juice. But thats different. But like eveybody says, check the o rings. Some people dont like smok tanks and coils at all but personally, ive had great success with them. Screwing the coil heads in too tight will definitely deform the o rings and cause juice to leak so when you put the coil in, tighten it finger tight.

That is what the included vape bands are for. You slide it up over the "swing open" cap and then it can't open on you accidentally.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
In the OP, he atates he's using the V8. This im thinking is the stick V8. It has no wattage control. The tank that comes with it i think is the baby beast. Ive tried one if these once, it was decent vape. Im still thinking his problem is in the o rings on the coil head and the possibility of over tightening. This will cause major leaking for sure, and possibly a mouthful of juice. One fix would be to step up to a bigger mod and tank. If you like smok, they have a fairly wide variety to choose from. My personal favorite is still the first mod i bought, the t priv. I eventually put the tfv12 king on it and am happily vaping away, filling my living room with thick clouds. Still, there are other mods to choose from, and sigelei makes some decent, affordable mods too. The stick V8 is definitely a starter kit for sub-ohming, but once ya get the vape bug, step on up and get some real power in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread