Im going to try Nasal Snuff, what should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fairly cheap get the smaller 5g tins or bullets and get a grip and see what you like.

Mine depends on the mood also check nicotinerush they have a snuff blog linked there.

Molins chococreme full of yummy win same with WoW coffee bite and swiss chocolate.

SOrry a bitout of sorts, I do suggest the smaller sizes and get a selection of stuff that interests you.

Last edited:

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
as DB says there are lots of different ones to try. Order from Nicotine Rush or Mr Snuff, both are good guys and both will send you a free sample of something else with your order.

I would try some of the flavored snuffs like Dholakia Swiss Choc, and the WOW snuffs like Coconut Toffee, both are nice and mellow to the nose. Stay away from the South Afrikan ones at least until you know you love snuff. Wilsons of Sharrow and Toque have a lot of nice mellow snuffs to begin with.

You can look on snuff reviews and get a idea how a certain snuff might be.
SnuffReviews.com [BETA]

good luck and enjoy

Eclectic

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 25, 2010
Pittsburgh
www.elexig.com
Any of the Poschls are good to start with too, especially if you like menthol. In fact any oil based snuff is generally recommended for beginners. When you have mastered the art of the sniff, and your pressure control is somewhat, well, controlled, then moving onto water based snuffs and then finally dry snuffs is usually the best way to go. Going straight to toasts and super dries like Dholakia white will hurt and unless you like pain will likely put you off.

You can try the snuff wizard at mrsnuff to refine your search. We recently updated it and it will allow you to categorize literally hundreds of snuffs into a shorter list depending on your preferences.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Brodius Bacchus

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Any of the Poschls are good to start with too

I'm going to second that. I just picked up snuffing about two weeks ago, and the Pöschl snuffs (I have four of them) are easy to take and have good flavor/aroma. The McChrystal's O&G isn't a bad one either (in terms of ease of use) and will surely satisfy if you like mentholated tobacco products.

I wouldn't recommend starting off with W.E. Garrett's Sweet Mild or Scotch (typical, and sometimes the only, offerings in U.S. smoke shops), like I did, as their dryness requires a bit of experience with controlling your inhale/sniff.

I ordered my snuffs through Mr. Snuff and was very pleased.

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
I'm going to second that. I just picked up snuffing about two weeks ago, and the Pöschl snuffs (I have four of them) are easy to take and have good flavor/aroma. The McChrystal's O&G isn't a bad one either (in terms of ease of use) and will surely satisfy if you like mentholated tobacco products.

I wouldn't recommend starting off with W.E. Garrett's Sweet Mild or Scotch (typical, and sometimes the only, offerings in U.S. smoke shops), like I did, as their dryness requires a bit of experience with controlling your inhale/sniff.

I have to agree with all of that, but be forewarned, the bourbon will blow your mind until you have more control, awesome smoky flavor, but it is very dry and has a good amount of burn.
All of the selections and recommendations here are great, O&G was one of my firsts, and still a favorite of mine.
Although I am into the scotch and toasts a lot now too for the complexity of there flavors, I have a taste for that smoky flavor.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA

I agree with your choices BB.MMA....If you do decide to try a scotch I would recommend the Honey Bee.....It's a fantastic snuff for a good high nicotine blast.Just keep in mind(as BB mentioned)that these need to be taken lightly at first until you develop a method that works for you! I am a big fan of Poschl snuffs myself!

:)The Wiz!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I find the Poschls to be great for the beginner but very clogging. Toque is my favorite.

If you are in the mood for exotic NicotineRush.com has 5 Photo Super Himalaya and some other Indian Snuffs. The 5 Photo Super Himalaya was very exotic and excellent. I've been debating whether to buy all the rest.

You'll find reviews of snuffs at snuffreviews.com so you can see what others say.

You must try "Toque Quit" it has the Nic Content of the Scotches but easier to take.

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
OK!!! I am developing a huge treasure chest of snuff....just place a 3rd order and I think I will be done for awhile. There are a few that Im not to fond of that I have tried one being Samuel Gawith afterglow...very course snuff. I will re-visit again when my shnozz is clear. So here is my last order for awhile:

Wow Coconut Toffee Lg
Wow Coffee Bite Med
FUBAR Grunt Med
Snuffbox Teak Inlay 2in
Snuffbox Paduak Vine Inlay
Lotzbeck Menthol
McChrystal's Anisette Lg
Poschl Ozona Orange
Rockit! Cherry Pop Med
Smash Box 6g
Toque Christmas Pudding Med
Toque Coke Lg
Toque Quit Lg
Toque Raspberry Menthol Med
Wilsons Cherry Menthol Sm
Wilsons Cinnamon Med
Wilsons Irish Hi Toast 22 Med
Wilsons Jasmine Med
Wilsons Queen's Extra Strong Med

think I might need to get a Neti pot??? ;)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I find the Poschls to be great for the beginner but very clogging. Toque is my favorite.

If you are in the mood for exotic NicotineRush.com has 5 Photo Super Himalaya and some other Indian Snuffs. The 5 Photo Super Himalaya was very exotic and excellent. I've been debating whether to buy all the rest.

You'll find reviews of snuffs at snuffreviews.com so you can see what others say.

You must try "Toque Quit" it has the Nic Content of the Scotches but easier to take.
Tom....The Poschl's never seem to clog me up for some reason like the Toques do...I have to contribute that to the menthol.Everyones nose is different I suppose!

OK!!! I am developing a huge treasure chest of snuff....just place a 3rd order and I think I will be done for awhile. There are a few that Im not to fond of that I have tried one being Samuel Gawith afterglow...very course snuff. I will re-visit again when my shnozz is clear. So here is my last order for awhile:

Wow Coconut Toffee Lg
Wow Coffee Bite Med
FUBAR Grunt Med
Snuffbox Teak Inlay 2in
Lotzbeck Menthol
McChrystal's Anisette Lg
Poschl Ozona Orange
Rockit! Cherry Pop Med
Smash Box 6g
Toque Coke Lg
Toque Quit Lg
Wilsons Cinnamon Med
Wilsons Jasmine Med

Looks like a nice order there YeP(I would get the pot...LOL):)

i found some OZONA snuff at my local head shop, but thats all they had and i got a bullet with it. i tried it it haz a lil burn at first and very menthol. i guess now i jus need 2 get use to it
MMA.....I found the same snuff at MY local head shop as well.They were twice the price of ordering from NicRush or Mr Snuff....but the money went back into the local economy(Plus I really liked the Raspberry)

:)The Wiz!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico

Wow Coconut Toffee Lg
Wow Coffee Bite Med
FUBAR Grunt Med
Snuffbox Teak Inlay 2in
Lotzbeck Menthol
McChrystal's Anisette Lg
Poschl Ozona Orange
Rockit! Cherry Pop Med
Smash Box 6g
Toque Coke Lg
Toque Quit Lg
Wilsons Cinnamon Med
Wilsons Jasmine Med

LOL those phrases have been worn out on this forum, many times over and over again, and by the same people, including myself LOL

We shall see

The Neti pot is awesome, if you snuff it is well worth having one

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
@ The Wiz

I find Toque Quit to be my regular snuff. For me it doesn't clog at all. Poschl clogs the heck out of me.

Try to figure.

My new favorite is I blended 50% 5 Photo Super Himalaya with Toque Quit. The quit has super strong nicotine so there is a little sting than the Super Himalaya soothes the nose.

You really need to try the Indian Snuffs they are heavenly at least based on my experience with Super Himalaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread