The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

I'm in Weeds. When is the Big Exhale?

Discussion in 'FDA Regulations' started by fogMann, Jul 20, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fogMann

fogMann Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I've waded through some of the material on ECF but admittedly a rather shallow excursion. I'm confused as to exactly when the other shoe drops. The big question - exactly when will products become unavailable. By products, I mean all the liquids, mods, attys, etc. manufactured by suppliers who have been unwilling or unable to fund the studies required by the FDA. I assume that many many vendors fall into that category.

I assume that on this date, legal shipments of those products will cease, U.S. customs would have the right to inspect and confiscate, retail sales will halt and the dark ages for vaping begins.

My apologies in advance. The answer is probably addressed in many posts. I just haven't been able to locate a definitive answer.

2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    They aren't going to disappear tomorrow or next month. If it goes through customs it may/may not be pulled. All of my overseas shipments always say "electronic component".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Some years vaping is proposed to end in the Spring, some years in January. Last year and maybe this year it'll be August.

Your local laws and taxes lately are more of a thing.

Check CASAA's website, FB, or Twister

• Like Like x 2
  4. MSK421
    This message by MSK421 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 21, 2017, Reason: Drug talk is not permitted on ECF. No exceptions..
    Jul 21, 2017
  5. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    IIRC, the date you're looking for was August 8, 2018, but was extended three months to November. I think that if the deeming regs aren't changed, most vapers who haven't stocked up or know where to buy their vape gear on the black/gray market, will go back to smoking or just quit completely. Even worse, few smokers will become vapers.

Fortunately, I've seen a lot of things in last few months that give me hope that things will change.

• Like Like x 6
  6. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    seeing as the lawsuit that was pending went in the FDA's favor, all bets are off, you might see vendors closing in droves in the coming year.

7. Robino1

Robino1 ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 5