I'm picky. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsOne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Millbury OH
I'm kind of picky in my vape flavors. My norms include just 3 flavors (Caramel Mocha, Clove, and Pumpkin Spice). I keep scrolling through my normal sites where I get my juice looking for something new to try. Nothing seems good.

Maybe it's not that it doesn't seem good. Maybe I am too hesitant to buy new flavors. Scared even. Now, I am limited on budget, so I can't spend $15 on a flavor that's not going to get used. Especially if I have to do that 5 times before finding a flavor I like.

I like to say that I like the "darker" flavors. Not light and fruity. Kind of a darker taste with a mild sweetness (like my 3 I vape constantly).

I shop Mt Baker. Or an occasional Hangsen retailer if I'm feeling extra cheap. lol

Can anyone help by recommending some "darker" flavors Mt Baker carries?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Get the five 6 ml bottle sampler pack from The Vapor Room for 20 bucks. I can pretty much guarantee comparing TVR Clove or Pumpkin Spice will blow the MBV versions right out of the water. Try their Cinnamon Danish Swirl too if you like Pumpkin Spice. You get to pick anything from the flavor lineup for their samplers. Not sure where you want to go with "dark" - you may want to try their RY4. I know they have a caramel something in the lineup too.

First time customers get a free 15 ml bottle. You get to pick your choice on that too.

Every order gets a free 3 ml sample. You can put in flavor requests for that as well, but being a freebie you don't always get what you ask for. You always get something.

Shipping is $4.00

Use code THANKYOU to get 10% off your order.

That will get you 48 ml's of good stuff, covering 7 different flavors, for only $22.00 - including shipping. It's a great deal on a first time customer purchase.

The Vapor Room is one of the next steps up beyond Mt. Baker. You will notice a difference. Nothing wrong with MBV, TVR is just a notch better.
:2c:

EsOne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Millbury OH
Get the five 6 ml bottle sampler pack from The Vapor Room for 20 bucks. I can pretty much guarantee comparing TVR Clove or Pumpkin Spice will blow the MBV versions right out of the water. Try their Cinnamon Danish Swirl too if you like Pumpkin Spice. You get to pick anything from the flavor lineup for their samplers. Not sure where you want to go with "dark" - you may want to try their RY4. I know they have a caramel something in the lineup too.

First time customers get a free 15 ml bottle. You get to pick your choice on that too.

Every order gets a free 3 ml sample. You can put in flavor requests for that as well, but being a freebie you don't always get what you ask for. You always get something.

Shipping is $4.00

That will get you 48 ml's of good stuff, covering 7 different flavors, for only $22.00 - including shipping. It's a great deal on a first time customer purchase.

The Vapor Room is one of the next steps up beyond Mt. Baker. You will notice a difference. Nothing wrong with MBV, TVR is just a notch better.

Awesome reply. Thanks! I did actually vape a lot of RY4. For some reason, I got thrown out of the taste. I used to vape the local B&M RY4 variant, but it was too syrupy for me. Smelled any room I was in with a very heavy syrup scent. Then I tried Hangsen. Was decent at first, but I don't know if I had gotten a bad batch, but I ended up pouring 2 30ml bottles because it tasted like trash.

I'll try Vapor Room, as you suggested! Thanks!

EsOne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Millbury OH

Shipping is $4.00

Just wondering how you get the free 15ml for first timers? I don't have the option when I am going through checkout

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just wondering how you get the free 15ml for first timers? I don't have the option when I am going through checkout

The info is right on their main page. (Or it might be on the Sales/Free Stuff Page.) You put the 1st time customer request info in the comments box at checkout, stating what flavor your want and your desired PG/VG ratio and nic level.

That's also where you put in any request for a particular flavor for your free 3ml sample. It's better to put in a general request, like wanting to try something from the "dessert" group or something to that effect. At least that way your freebie will most likely be in the class of flavors you are interested on.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
So, whadja get? :)

Probably too late: I didn't mention it because you were asking about "dark" stuff but their Peanut Butter Cookie is so like the real thing it's scary. I don't think I have ever seen anyone say "Yuck!" about PB cookie.

Should you become a TVR convert:

Sign up for their mailing list. They didn't do many sales this year, but when they do it might be 15% off or free shipping deals. Black Friday is coming up and I know they will run a sale for that. It always involves a coupon code so get on the mailing list to get the sales codes. They always have an Anniversary sale too.

That 10% code THANKYOU is a perpetual code - until/unless they ever decide to change it.

You may have noticed they run weekly specials: Four Flavors of the Week at $10.00/30 ml. Also a 15 ml Weekender for $7.00 or $5.00 (Being the "Weekender" it goes to $5.00 on the weekend.) Flavor selections change on these deals every Monday. If you find stuff you like, check those deals every week to see if your flavors are on sale. Then buy lots - they don't seem to have a limit on how many you can buy. When one of my favorites pops up as a Flavor of the Week I've bought up to a half dozen 30 ml bottles at a time. No one said "Hey! You can't do that!"

Weekly free 15 ml bottle contest! Go here and enter the weekly contest. Name your flavor, PG/VG ratio & nic level. => The Vapor Room

Last edited:

flybykite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ECblends is also a notch above MBV in my opinion. I love clove also. Today I'm lovin Root Beer from ECB. Tates like a great sarsaparilla and I'd put it in the same catagory as their clove however neither juice is dark. Another one recently discovered is Black Magic tobacco.
Let us know what you get.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I never thought I would like the cinnamon roll but I tried a friends and like it. It is pretty strong. I had to dilute mine down a little with unflavored juice. They have great prices and I have been pleased with all their juices. I feel like making my own is even cheaper and bunches of fun for me anyway. Here is a great thread to keep an eye on for sales. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-13.html Good luck to you.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
High Desert Vapes is another favorite of mine. Their Caramelnut Mocha is very tasty. I love it when they have a 50% sale.

+1 the HDV Caramelnut Mocha.. I keep coming back to it. It's good stuff! The Butterscotch is another HDV liquid I am addicted to.

And when HDV is running a sale, which is often, you cannot beat their prices. Follow this thread to know when they are offering discounts.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/high-desert-vapes/332455-high-desert-vapes-sales-promo-thread.html

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
Another vote for The Vapor Room as a reasonably priced alternative.

:)

And if you prefer "dark" flavors (I do myself) then I'd recommend TVR Gingerbread hands down. I've been vaping for a while now, and to this day it's still a favorite for carto tanks, or anything else that mutes flavor.

And it just so happens that Gingerbread is this week's Weekender Special - 5 bucks for 15ml. Hard to do better than that for a good, solid juice.

15ml Weekender

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
Gosh, I hope you like it EsOne. If you don't, I'll feel like a massive jerk.

:facepalm:

You could also quickly email TVR and explain that you're new to the site and how it works, and ask if you might change the flavor of the first order. I've done stuff like that a time or two over the course of a year and a half (usually because I stupidly entered something incorrectly) and they've been super nice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread