• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm sick and tired of the HATERS telling me "how bad vaping is for you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinlarge

Apr 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Time to rant a bit...

I'm so sick and tired of the "know it all's" telling me how bad vaping is and they heard on the radio that studies found "Bla"
and it must be as bad as tobacco cigarettes or why would they ban it in New York, and the FDA said they tested a bunch of ejuice's and
found cancer causing toxins, bla, bla, bla.....

It's like shut the hell up.
Look, as far as I'm concerned it's way less harmful, if not mostly harmless compared to the 2 packs a day of cigarettes I used to smoke
for over 30 years. With vaping I quit smoking same day and haven't smoked since (almost 2 months now) for the first time in over 30 years!!

Why must people be so negative about something they know nothing about?
I'm tired of explaining what vaping is and that it's safer than smoking.

Seems they complain more about less harmful Vaping than they ever did about me smoking cigs. Give me a break!!!

I've done my hours and hours of research investigating the pro's and con's of Vaping, the medical studies etc..etc..
To me it's a pretty harmless nicotine delivery system compared to tobacco cigarettes. Big tobacco companies, government and some health organizations with hidden agendas stand to loose Billions of dollars when people stop smoking cigarettes. So I guess they'll do what they can to discourage people from Vaping in any way they can.
Pitiful is all I can say to the uneducated people against Vaping.

AND TO ALL OF US VAPOR'S, KEEP VAPING !!! SMOKING IS DEAD.

Last edited:

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
When I get people that tell me this stuff, I just simply explain to them how the scientific method and how peer review works.

Most of these studies are just that, a study. There is often no peer review in these studies that show how bad vaping is. In fact, the studies there are, backed by peer review, show vaping to be near harmless.

The media isn't in the science business, they are in the ratings business. They don't care if a study is peer reviewed or not. They just want whatever is gonna cause an uproar so they can sell more. Sadly, this means flaunting non-peer reviewed studies as fact because those are the more exciting studies. The peer reviewed ones are often times boring and don't do much to increase ratings for the given media outlet.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
My husband, who has chewed nicorette gum for ten years now, came to me and said he heard that a drop of nictotine on your skin can kill you, I almost died laughing. Then I explained that, yes, a drop of pure nicotine is dangerous, and that I take proper precaution when mixing my own juices. I then said that chewing nic gum is far worse for his teeth, then vaping. The media is making mountians out of mole hills, so to speak, and people listen. I KNOW it is far safer for ME to vape than smoke and I tell them I will research what they are saying, and suggest that they do the same on the CASAA website. Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

The media have reported many times the FDA study in the US. It is the one that mentions clearly having found carcinogenous compounds in e-cigs vapor, such as nitrosamins. What the media failed to report is that the quantities found were traces, levels that are roughly one thousandth of the levels present in cigarette smoke. I do not blame the media for it since the press releases of the FDA on their study mentioned prominently the finding of carcinogens but did not mention the levels found.
Moreover, they did not mention either that nicotine gums and patches, which are approved as smoking cessation aids, also contain those nitrosamins in roughly the same proportion as e-cigs.
As for the toxicity of the e-liquid in terms of nicotine content, you bet it is toxic but... The dose is the poison. If you were to absorbe in a few minutes the content of a 30 ml botle that you would normally go through in ten days of regular vaping, you should espect dire consequences. The same would happen if you were to absorbe as much caffeine in a few minutes. This is through of so many products that you can consume regurlarly at a low dosage with no or very mild ill effects but that could kill you in large doses.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
I explain and even show them a list of the thousands of chemicals that are in a cigarette, then I show them a list of what is in a nicorette inhaler which is FDA approved, then I tell them the 4 ingredients in ejuice. Hmmmmmmmmmm after that if they are not smart enough to figure it out then there in no sense in trying to have a conversation with a dumb person.

Last time somebody said this to me, my reply as it always has been.
"If vaping this is bad for me, tben if you have ever been to a rock concert, bar,live theater,sports event, or anyplace where a smoke machine was used, your just as poisoned as I am! Furthermore, hospitals,hotels etc that sanitize the air use the same ingredients that I use. That inhaler you use for asthma, vic vapour rub etc bad for you, my ingredients are found in baby aisle s in grocery, pharmacies etc.
Any questions?"
That shuts them up every time! Then they start ranting on the lying SOBs in government!
Good times

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
The first time my father saw the vape stuff on my desk he asked if I was doing drugs... Gawd. I went through the usual explanation but I could see he still thought I was up to something nefarious. It's the predictable result of commercial propaganda pushed on ignorant minds and you can believe that ignorance is carefully cultivated and nurtured. If they told the truth about E-Cigs a number of very wealthy companies and governments would lose a lot of money. They don't care a whiff about health or success rates, they just want their cash no matter how many suffer and die. Greed is one thing that crosses all political divides.

Good to hear it's working for you Livinlarge. I too instantly stopped smoking on my first vape and have been tobacco free ever since. I often do not add nic to my juice and can go hours and even days without vaping too. I am completely free of addictions now. Except maybe fishing...

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a neighbour who was curious. While I was talking, two teenagers walked by, (one was lighting up).
The other kid said "You know you get pneumonia from those." I replied "Oh, please, what do you get from cigarettes?" They rounded the corner without saying anything. I told the person I was talking to that this is the king of misinformation that is out there, and you would have to spend a week or more in a steam room to get less of a chance to get pneumonia. Sheesh!

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
they tell me that im still inhaling nicotine and as such state why bother w/vaping as i didnt really quit smoking.
banghead

usually this goes well when I explain that nicotine is just like cafeine, it has benefits in low dosage, plus the fact that why smoking is really bad is because of the combustion

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
usually this goes well when I explain that nicotine is just like cafeine, it has benefits in low dosage, plus the fact that why smoking is really bad is because of the combustion
i been vaping for almost 2 weeks now and i must said that about a 100x, im going to make cards stating that so i can just give them out w/out constantly repeating myself.
idk why people think that nicotine is the reason why smoking analogues was bad for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread