Status
Not open for further replies.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I've been using my 510 since october and am down to just over a pack a week from 2 (sometimes more) packs a day. I've been looking for something with better battery life and now am torn between the Black Beauty and the Silver bullet. I think the Black Beauty would be more to my size liking, but it is out of stock.

I was also looking at chucks...and little chucks...I'M SO TORN...

HELP ME PLEASE

Maureen

Last edited:

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
I would recommend the BSB since it takes the protected batteries for 6 volts. Very nice high quality PV.

Note: the SB is smaller than it looks in pictures and videos.

mwahle1, "BSB" - do you mean BB?

I'm kinda at that point too Maureen. I have been on the AltSmoke website today and they are out of both. I also have an e-mail in asking what batteries they use for each model since they don't come with it, they have to be bought separately. I don't really know the difference in battery life or voltage on each. At least I couldn't find it on their website. Both get great reviews. Besides size, what else is the difference, I wonder.

I'll check back later to see the responses. Thanks for the thread, Maureen!

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
mwahle1, "BSB" - do you mean BB?

I'm kinda at that point too Maureen. I have been on the AltSmoke website today and they are out of both. I also have an e-mail in asking what batteries they use for each model since they don't come with it, they have to be bought separately. I don't really know the difference in battery life or voltage on each. At least I couldn't find it on their website. Both get great reviews. Besides size, what else is the difference, I wonder.

I'll check back later to see the responses. Thanks for the thread, Maureen!

I think they mean the Black Silver bullet...it's the same as the silver bullet, but with a black finish.

Maureen

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Go down to the Alt.Smoke sub-forum at the bottom of the main page in ECF. There are tons of information about batteries and everything else you want to know. I have a SB and use the 510 as well as a 801 with the adaptor. It is an assume unit. Dependable and reliable are understatments.

The SB uses 2 X RCR123s for a 6v vap or 18650 at 3.7v. The 18650 can last one full day and then some depending on how heavy a vaper you are. The 6v last a good 5 to 7 hours, depending.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I think the new BBs(Black Beauty) are being machined so they no longer accept 6v, and they aren't recommended at 6v anymore. I think if it wasn't for the size of the SB I'd own one.

Naw that didn't happen, because some 14500 batteries would not fit. So the BB will still fly with the CR2 batteries.

IDK I use my BB, and SB a lot. I use my BB most of the time at the house, and sometimes in the car with the passthough. When I'm out all day I take the SB, because it will last FOREVER on the 18650. I stick it in my front, and or back pocket without worrying about it ever going off EVER. The BB I take with me when I'm wearing slacks/lose fitting jeans, or a jacket. The BB can go off in your pocket, but it's not that easy too do most of the time.

My Chuck gets used about 1 time a month. I use it when I need a slightly more heavy of a vape. It hits a little harder than the BB/SB, but I never take it out of the house. It just goes off too easy, and I don't like taking my atomizer off.

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
@Maureen - Black Silver Bullet - gotcha. Thanks, I was getting confused!
@Sheerlock - thanks for the battery info.
@laurieok - yeah, I've got to think of the fit. I wonder what the preference is for girls vis. guys on either model. Not to sound shallow but do girls take the big mods out in public as much as the guys?

ComaKid

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
Today is the one month anniversary for me and my black silver bullet.

Im convinced its the best HV mod on the market. 3.7 batteries last 2 days and 6 volts is amazing. Although I burnt a couple of attys learning the ropes of 6 volts, it was totally worth it. Its aesthetically beautiful and simple to use. I havnt touched any of my other devices since the day I got it. Best of all I can put it in my coat pocket and now worry about it going off.

But Ive never used a BB, so I cannot comment on that.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
Female here. My hand is 7 1/2 inches long from tip of middle finger to end of palm at the wrist. My hand is 3 inches across from base of index finger to base of pinkie. I have a purple BB. It is about the size of a nickel in diameter and just under 3 1/2 inches long before the atty is on. Fits great in my hand. I also have a (Silver) Silver Bullet. It is a little bigger than a dollar coin (SBA, Sac or Pres) in diameter and 4 1/4 inches long before the atty. I take it out all with me all the time. Yes it's a little bigger, but it lasts forever. My husband also has the Silver Bullet and is quite happy with the silver color. I offered to return the silver and get him the black (was out of stock when I ordered the silver) but he wasn't willing to part with his SB, even for a BSB. If you go to the AltSmoke site, there are a few pictures with the Silver Bullet and the BB (in black) side by side.

ETA: If you go to AltSmoke and send a message to Rob he usually gets back to you really quick. Even if it says he's offline. May want to ask when the BB (pink, purple or black) will be back in stock. I noticed that they are taking pre orders for the SB for estimated stocking on 02-19-10. If they get them in on time (weather permitting) and ship on 02-20-10 they will be in your hand by the 23rd or 24th. Rob ships very fast.

Last edited:

TravisATWA

Jan 27, 2010
Kentucky
Well if it helps at all, im basically in the same boat as you. Except i started vaping about 10 days ago and i haven't had a cig since. Ive been using this 510 and the batteries are driving me crazy. I know i want a mod, but i was torn between the SB(BSB to be exact) and the Chuck. Ive done a bit of research and im going with the SB.

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
Today is the one month anniversary for me and my black silver bullet.

Im convinced its the best HV mod on the market. 3.7 batteries last 2 days and 6 volts is amazing. Although I burnt a couple of attys learning the ropes of 6 volts, it was totally worth it. Its aesthetically beautiful and simple to use. I havnt touched any of my other devices since the day I got it. Best of all I can put it in my coat pocket and now worry about it going off.

But Ive never used a BB, so I cannot comment on that.

I don't want to hijack this thread, Maureen so please forgive me if I'm writing alot here.

So, when you talk about 3.7 v and 6.0 v batts, you have a choice in the batteries for the Silver Bullet?

So, what would be the advantages of getting a 6v battery instead of a 3.7v battery? Longer life charge? Throat hit? Vape volumn?

Is the choice in batteries available on the BB - anyone?

TravisATWA

Jan 27, 2010
Kentucky
I don't want to hijack this thread, Maureen so please forgive me if I'm writing alot here.

So, when you talk about 3.7 v and 6.0 v batts, you have a choice in the batteries for the Silver Bullet?

So, what would be the advantages of getting a 6v battery instead of a 3.7v battery? Longer life charge? Throat hit? Vape volumn?

Is the choice in batteries available on the BB - anyone?

some juices taste better at 3.7v than they do at 6v... just like some taste better at 6v than 3.7v. 6v provides more, warmer vapor and more throat hit. The silver bullet lets you use either a 3.7v battery or 2 batteries that together would be 6v.
Its not recommended that you run the bb at anything but 3.7v ... though you can. I personally wouldn't

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
Well...I bite the bullet just now (pun intended) and pre-ordered the BSB with the option of 2 batteries. I don't know what kind they are but it was listed on the side bar as "SB batteries". I bought 2 of these. Does that mean if I put both in - it'll make it a 6v?

I also ordered 2 attys and a charger. This is an expensive hobby - just ordered a bunch of e-juices too last week. 8-o

Maureen,
Are you closer to your decision?

I figured that I'll probably get another mod in the future and then I can decide on either the BB, 510 Magnum PV or any other new and improved models out there. I like the option of 3v or 6v on this model. Thanks guys for your opinions and Maureen for you posting this thread.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
First, congrats, you will be happy! Can't say for sure, but likely you got 2 18650 batteries. Only one at a time will fit, but you will use one as you charge the other. Now, those batteries will last a LONG time, like 1-2 days depending on usage. For 6 volt, you will need 2 3.0 volt CR123 batteries. They are shorter, so 2 fit at once. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread