I'm sucking on a cardboard milkshake

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
cincinnati
Take the atomizer and blow thro the battery end into a paper towel or something. Then try again make sure your cart is filled. If that dont work try checkin your atty it might be dead. My suggestion is to get some LR cartomizers and use them to get the hang of it. Once you do you'll be in vaping heaven! I think cartomizers are the way to go for new vapers...

rj1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
cincinnati
Yes you can use any cartomizer with a 510 connection! I would suggest boge 2.0 ohm cartos. They last a long time and there very cheap depending on where you get them. Once you try them you might not even want to go back to regular atomizers... Them boge cartos give great flavor and great vapor! Any more questions just give me a pm!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You are not going to get much TH from a 6mg VG juice. I do get some TH with 4-6mg mostly PG juices since PG lets through TH and flavor well. VG does not. I use juices with 20% or less VG in cartomizers, and with an atomizer I use up to 50% VG (not by choice, only because a couple of flavors I like only come in 50/50 and the VG cuts the TH).

If you want to feel TH and use 6mg, get 20% VG or less juices and for your favorites I recommend Boge standard resistance cartomizers. You realize 6mg is very low nicotine, therefore low TH, but you would feel it better with a mostly PG juice.

Re atomizers carts - once you have some thinner juice try the precut blue foan stuffing for 510 carts from strictlyejuice.com (under 41 for 10 pieces).

And re LR atomizers - LR atomizers and LR cartomizers are not for slim batteries. They are for batteries with 450mah or more of charge like the fat Ego and Riva 510 batteries, not for slim 510. You can damage the slim battery if you use LR stuff on it - the power draw is higher and can damage the electronics in the battery.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Yes you can use any cartomizer with a 510 connection! I would suggest boge 2.0 ohm cartos. They last a long time and there very cheap depending on where you get them. Once you try them you might not even want to go back to regular atomizers... Them boge cartos give great flavor and great vapor! Any more questions just give me a pm!

If it's a 510 mini, not the ego, you have to use SR cartomizers. 2.0 will fry the battery.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Slim 510 uses 510 standard resistance cartomizers (not LR) and the most popular are Boge (the ones in the 2.8-3.2 ohm range) and according to Liberty-Flights, slim 510 could also use the warmer 2.5ohm ones if you find them anywhere, but they will use your battery charge up faster. Do not put the 2.0 ohm ones on your slim 510 batteries. If you have Ego or Riva 510 or other fat battery or mod with 510 threads, you can use the 2.0 ones.

Vapor4Life is a KR808D-1 - it uses KR808D-1 cartomizers and size it is sold as a 2-piece there are plenty of prefilled as well as blanks - see Vapor4Life, SmokelessImage Volt, Bloogplanet MaxxFusion, Halocigs G6 - KR808D_1 can use any of those cartos as well as any blanks down to about 2.5 ohm (Vapor4Life WOW blanks are 2.5 ohm)

But I do not recommend putting that VG juice in a carto - it will change nothing. It will suck like a milkshake. Get some 20% or less VG juices for cartos. If you can only find 70PG/30VG that will work too but the carto will get sluggish sooner than with less VG.

Meanwhile, for use on your atomizer, try thinning your VG juice with a few drops of distilled water - that may help a bit on the atomizer.

Last edited:

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
If you just want to use one type of cartomizer, you can get a 808 bat to 510 atty(carto) connector. A 901 to 510 is the same thing.
I used LR (2.0)on my 510 slim. It did not damage my batteries, but it did lessen the battery vape time by a LOT. It is not "recommended". That is not the same as "dangerous". That being said, I charge EVERYTHiNG battery related in pyrex bowls just to be safe. If you want something to vape NOW, you can always do a little, cheap, DIY. PG and a syringe with a large G needle can be purchased at some pharmacies or a Tractor Supply. VG and food flavoring is sold at any cake or bakery store. Go to the DIy section and get a few pointers by reading recipes. Or just get the PG and cut what you have w/2 ml and you should have a mixure around 3.7 mg. Best wishes.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
If you just want to use one type of cartomizer, you can get a 808 bat to 510 atty(carto) connector. A 901 to 510 is the same thing.
I used LR (2.0)on my 510 slim. It did not damage my batteries, but it did lessen the battery vape time by a LOT. It is not "recommended". That is not the same as "dangerous". That being said, I charge EVERYTHiNG battery related in pyrex bowls just to be safe. If you want something to vape NOW, you can always do a little, cheap, DIY. PG and a syringe with a large G needle can be purchased at some pharmacies or a Tractor Supply. VG and food flavoring is sold at any cake or bakery store. Go to the DIy section and get a few pointers by reading recipes. Or just get the PG and cut what you have w/2 ml and you should have a mixure around 3.7 mg. Best wishes.

I have used LR on my 510. I got a couple boxes of SR and LR and accidently mixed them up. I honestly don't use my 510 enough to know if it did anything to my battery. Although I did go to an all day picnic this past weekend and used my 510 all day and it worked just fine. It didn't die on the spot, so that's good. I wish there was a way to tell them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread