Imitation Coconut Extract--AMAZING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLoda

Unregistered Supplier
so i just got some very crummy vanilla flavor from Johnson Creek... its like they completely forgot the flavor in it or something... w/e its garbage... so i went to the local Dominick's and got imitation coconut extract from McCormick and added a few drops to about 2 ml of the JC vanilla.... and might i say this is probably the BEST tasting e-liquid i have ever had... tastes and smells just like coconut... I got alot of people on campus today telling me that it smalls really good!!!

soo just thought i'd like to let everyone know that if you have a crappy in-vapable e liquid... or jsut want to flavor things up a bit... imitation coconut extract is amazing. :]

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
This should be in the DIY e-liquid subforum. I'm glad the coconut worked for you, it sounds good. As for safety, the ingredients for the coconut extract seem fine:

McCormick Imitation Coconut Extract: WATER, ALCOHOL (21%), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.

However, the pineapple is definitely NOT good for vaping. It has: WATER, ALCOHOL (42%), PINEAPPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, AND FD&C YELLOW 5.

The Corn Syrup will turn into nasty residue on your atomizer.

JohnLoda

Unregistered Supplier
This should be in the DIY e-liquid subforum. I'm glad the coconut worked for you, it sounds good. As for safety, the ingredients for the coconut extract seem fine:

McCormick Imitation Coconut Extract: WATER, ALCOHOL (21%), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.

However, the pineapple is definitely NOT good for vaping. It has: WATER, ALCOHOL (42%), PINEAPPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, AND FD&C YELLOW 5.

The Corn Syrup will turn into nasty residue on your atomizer.

I was only able to post in the new members forum when i posted this :p.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Super excited to see this since my local stores only carry Lorann's around the holidays. Looks like something to add to my next shopping trip!

I make a lot of 0-nic juiced for myself mostly using Lorann's, but I've also used some McCormick. Most of the McCormick that is available here isn't usable, but there also isn't a very large choice (small town in south Texas). Have to avoid anything that has sugar or syrup in it. I also avoid the oils ones like peppermint. McCormick strawberry is pretty good but not as potent as Loranns.

With both it's better to err to the light side when you use it as the next day they all seem a little stronger. Made one batch of cherry with Loranns when I started that was just plain overwhelming.

Favorite way to use this is to vape a cart about half way and top it back off with a matching flavor of my juice. Stretches out the factor carts a bit and still get a bit of a hit of nic even after the second top off. At night in front of the computer I tend to chain vape, so some 0-nic is nearly necessary or I'd probably overdo it quite a bit.

i had the idea now for a while to check out what my local store had to offer.

already researching online as to what ingredients i should not want in an extract that can be safe for my atty's, i went in today and browsed a bit and found "McCormick Imitation Coconut Extract". from memory i didn't see any ingredients that were on the no list and i really wanted a coconut ejuice, so i picked it up.

i asked if i can return it, if it contained an ingredient after "re-checking" that would harm my device, and as long as i didn't open it they allowed a return. the ingredients is on the outside box so that's no problem.

after seeing this thread, i'm now a happy purchaser of extract from my local store :) there's a list some place on this forum or other forum that will tell you what ingredients aren't safe.

happy vaping! =)!:banana:

check out my youtube page, username elvisreviews =)

Last edited:
the verdict:

mixed it with 36mg flavorless, vg, and tequilla to cut the vg.
lots of vapor, a little disappointed with the flavor.

i'm probably spoiled since i've tried a pina colada flavor a while back and that's what i was expecting. it's a sweet flavor, though not what i expected. i'll still vape it, but i'm going to try mixing it with another extract and maybe i'll come up with something that i enjoy more.

ah, and the device i use is a 650mAh battery (tornado/ego battery) with reg 510 1.5 ohm low resistance atty. i've tried it with the pass-through attached and without, not much different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread