Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I've had the same coils in my rda for the last 6 months. I really don't care about spending £10 for a pack to try it out. Some people would, some people wouldn't.
I'm not looking to argue, I just had a question. And it wasn't is comp wire re-packaged SS.

If you want to know what resistance to build at go to steam-engine and select 316L SS, that'll give you the resistance.

Cheker

Sep 2, 2015
If you want to know what resistance to build at go to steam-engine and select 316L SS, that'll give you the resistance.
Serious question like, I've built with 316L SS before and the resistance consistent it wasn't changing like this stuff.
I'm pretty sure i should build to the ohms that it settles at once firing.( and yes no one asked everything's tight and what not, thats not the case)
Like with my mech tube mods I don't go bellow 0.15 with a Sony vtc 5 with 35 amp continuous battery specs. But if I was to build at 0.15 once firing it would be at 0.10 ohms for a short period when cold. I'm sure this is safe as it ramps up quick no where near the pulse time limit(if it exists).
Just wondered if any one else out there was using it or there opinions on it?
Man ro055co does you're resistance alter as you fire?

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Serious question like, I've built with 316L SS before and the resistance consistent it wasn't changing like this stuff.
I'm pretty sure i should build to the ohms that it settles at once firing.( and yes no one asked everything's tight and what not, thats not the case)
Like with my mech tube mods I don't go bellow 0.15 with a Sony vtc 5 with 35 amp continuous battery specs. But if I was to build at 0.15 once firing it would be at 0.10 ohms for a short period when cold. I'm sure this is safe as it ramps up quick no where near the pulse time limit(if it exists).

Also steam engines ohms for the same build I have is 3 wraps more on each side so the wire must be some what different man.
It will increase a bit with once fired, this is both 317L and 316L, 317L has a bit higher resistance, not much but a bit for 1 maybe 2 less wraps. Why I like it better than 316L for my core wire. If this has lesser Resistivity I'd guess they're using either higher nickel content or adding something else. I would even use something unless I knew what was in it.

I read either here or another forum where someone was selling cotton for vaping called "Black Magic", it had activated Charcoal in it! Insanity unless you wanted miners lung.

SS ramps up and cools down faster, love it.

And yes, build to the room temperature ohms, if not you'll blow your face off

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

As I am sure you are aware: Auth Sony VTC 5 is NOT a 35A cell.

Be safe
I

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Does the resistance alter with 316L SS when you fire it mate?
A little, as I mentioned in my reply it will increase a bit.
As I am sure you are aware: Auth Sony VTC 5 is NOT a 35A cell.

Be safe
I
Yes, Sony Vtc5's are a 20 amp battery. There is no such thing as a 35 amp CDR.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread