jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey Guys,

So I just got my Immortalizer in the mail from Vapersphere in Australia. I must say that it looks like a very nice rda! But there are a couple of small issues I have found with it.

The first issue is the draw.....It seems to be VERY tight.. I was just wondering if any of you fine people have any experience with 'loosening' the draw on the Immortalizer, and how would you go about doing it? I really like a much looser draw than this....Even my kayfun Lite is way looser than this Immortalizer seems to be.....It seems kind of odd to me that there are only 2 airholes on the outer ring, but there are 3 air intakes on the base....weird....I suppose I could drill out the holes on the Aluminum outer ring, but would that actually make the draw wider?

The second (very minor) issue is the fact that there are 3 similar Philips head screws securing the 2 Terminal Blocks, but one of the screws is different. Do all Immortalizers come like this? Here's a pic of what I mean...

20140312_110851.jpg

I plan on using Ribbon wire and doing a build on it tonight...I will let you all know how it goes!! And thank you for any tips you may have regarding the draw on the Immortalizer!!

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
I only have an hcigar clone so I can't speak about the screws, though on mine they are all the same tiny little straight head screws.

In regards to airflow I have a couple of things to add.

1. Make sure you are pulling the coil up off of the base. Make sure your wick stays above the coil and does not impede the airflow under to coil. I use cotton (a small amount actually) and keep it up off of the deck. This will surely restrict airflow if your wick hangs down off the coil to the deck.

2. I drilled out my airholes in the outer ring to 1/16 of an inch. I did not touch the base airholes. I find it to be perfect for me when my coil is raised off the deck and my wick is in the right place.

I use a needlenose bottle for dripping in my immortalizer and if I notice the airflow getting tighter I rearrange my cotton with the needle and all is well.

I love the flavor and warmth I get from a single 1.1 ohm ribbon wire coil and cotton.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I only have an hcigar clone so I can't speak about the screws, though on mine they are all the same tiny little straight head screws.

In regards to airflow I have a couple of things to add.

1. Make sure you are pulling the coil up off of the base. Make sure your wick stays above the coil and does not impede the airflow under to coil. I use cotton (a small amount actually) and keep it up off of the deck. This will surely restrict airflow if your wick hangs down off the coil to the deck.

2. I drilled out my airholes in the outer ring to 1/16 of an inch. I did not touch the base airholes. I find it to be perfect for me when my coil is raised off the deck and my wick is in the right place.

I use a needlenose bottle for dripping in my immortalizer and if I notice the airflow getting tighter I rearrange my cotton with the needle and all is well.

I love the flavor and warmth I get from a single 1.1 ohm ribbon wire coil and cotton.

Excellent; thanks a lot for the tips!! I have yet to do a build on it as I am still at work, but I will keep these things in mind....

The stock airholes on the outer ring are tiny, so I think I may drill them out to 1/16" as well. My plan, though, is to do a build on it, vape it for a while, and see how I like it with the stock setup... The less 'modifying' I have to do to this authentic atty the better!! I am definitely going to use ribbon wire; I have read a bunch of reviews of people saying that it works best in the Immortalizer.....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I've only felt the need to drill one RDA so far, although I tend to look at adjustables or naturally wider air holes anyway. It literally took it from mind blowingly nasty to pretty amazing for a cheap no name thing!

Yeah, I tend to favor a "wide-open" draw as I like to do big lung hits....I have a Trident V2 that I run wide-open and love it. I also run my Origen V1 on the widest setting. So I have a feeling I will get along much better with the Immortalizer now that I've drilled it out a bit.

KJRxxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Underneath the ceramic is a small metal plate. That is what the bottom center pin goes up and makes contact with.

That odd screw is the one holding up that plate against the ceramic.

Beware: do not over tighten that screw. If those threads get stripped, that post will just swing around and the atty is trash.

Ask me how I know.......lol

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Underneath the ceramic is a small metal plate. That is what the bottom center pin goes up and makes contact with.

That odd screw is the one holding up that plate against the ceramic.

Beware: do not over tighten that screw. If those threads get stripped, that post will just swing around and the atty is trash.

Ask me how I know.......lol

Interesting; thanks for the info. It appears, though, that that "odd" screw is one of the screws used to trap the Kanthal/ribbon wire. Even still, I will take care not to overtighten these screws....I Googled pics of different people's Immortalizers, and some of them use these weird looking screws, so I guess I am not alone!!

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
No reason to over tighten the screws. The posts trap the ribbon kanthal brilliantly. You can even very easily move the posts around a little to have the oil positioned perfectly over the air holes if you need to.

The immortalizer is not an Rda for big lung hits. It's better for mouth to lung inhales. In my opinion it has a great. Warm flavorful vape with a decent amount of vapor. Be careful of opening up the holes to much more. If you're not careful you may ruin what makes the immortalizer a good unique atty and turn it into the equivalent of a below average dripper.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Thanks for the info! Yeah I think I'll good now that the holes are at 1/16"....I have no plans on drilling it out any more.

I have always liked a more open draw, so hopefully it'll vape nice now with the 1/16" outer holes...I have never been a "mouth to lung" person TBH...I think 1/16" is prefect as it's not much bigger than stock...

I will do a build on it in a few hours when I get out of work and will let you know how it vapes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Well, I must say that the Immortalizer is a fantastic RDA!! I built a 2 Ohm Microcoil - 8 wraps of ribbon wire around a 1/16" Drill Bit.....wicked it with cotton and it's hitting like a champ! I am vaping Honey Pearry out of it on my Provari @ 4.5 Volts and it's a wonderful vape!! I can tell that this atty really shines with ribbon wire; it is SO easy to trap underneath the connections....I thought about doing a sub-ohm build with Ekowool, but I wanted it to fire on my Provari....

Here's an obligatory pic!! :)

20140312_212616.jpg

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Looks great! I like the custard / creamy flavors in it alot. I've enjoyed 5 Pawns Gambit in this device at about 1.1 ohm on a mech more than any other combo. I think it is made for these types of flavors.

Good to know! I am a big Custard guy, so I will definitely try some Vanilla Custard in it next....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Let me know what you think after trying it and playing with it for a few days. Enjoy!

PS. You are about 25 miles from me! Have you checked out Wicked Vapes in Mansfield since you're so close?

Haha no kidding!! Yeah I went to Wicked Vapes last weekend....great shop!! They carry some really nice high-end stuff. I grabbed some Ben Johnson's Cream and some Space Jam while I was there.....really nice guys who work there too!! Very knowledgable and helpful....There's another B+M in Raynham but I like Wicked Vapes better IMO.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread