Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hospitals hate smoking because duh, but they also apparently hate vaping because big pharma. Nearest smoking location is 8 floors down behind two locked doors.

Before you leave for the test, build a stealth rig. I brought a high volume DL flavor chaser which is more or less the opposite of stealth. I am regretting it.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I am hearing that some hospitals are accepting it in a private room during recovery. insurance won't pay for a Nic patch, but the hospital doesn't want a patient in Nic withdrawals.

Next time they say no patch and no vaping, I think I may greatly pronounce my PTSD issues a la the guy from the "Shining".

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am hearing that some hotspots are accepting it in a private room during recovery. Insurance won't pay for a Nic patch, but the hospital doesn't want a patient in Nic withdrawals.

Next time they say no patch and no vaping, I think I may greatly pronounce my PTSD issues a la the guy from the "Shining".

Oh I’m sure they’d be happy to give me a patch for an amazing low low price. Not sure my insurance would cover it though and I wouldn’t get a bill the size of a car payment for one.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Use your blanket. ;)

0QmLNmx.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Hospitals hate smoking because duh, but they also apparently hate vaping because big pharma. Nearest smoking location is 8 floors down behind two locked doors.

Before you leave for the test, build a stealth rig. I brought a high volume DL flavor chaser which is more or less the opposite of stealth. I am regretting it.
    When I was in recovery after my surgery, I'd go into the bathroom and "double pump" a few hits. That's taking a pull, holding, breathing in again, holding, then exhaling. Less vapor than a MTL rig... And good breathing exercise, too :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I thought they had cameras to watch you while you sleep?
    They do. I've had several of those sleep lab studies. They hook you up to about 20 different wires on your head, arms, and legs; and you have to call the technician to unhook the contraption before you can get out of bed to pee. Plus, there's an ultraviolet camera on the wall directly in front of your bed so the technician can watch your body movements while you sleep.

None of the three sleep labs that I went to allowed smoking or vaping. I used a small cigalike to vape under the covers once the overhead lights were turned off or I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep. The longest 12 hours of my life.

I wasn't aware of them at the time, but you could order some ON! nicotine pouches.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    You're all brighter than me. I sneaked a few puffs in the bathroom, but that was it. I have to say that they had the second-most* uncomfortable mattress I've ever encountered. It was not at all conducive to sleep.

*The all-time winner being one at Uni that had a metal rod down the centre. I used to try to align it with my spine.

• Agree
    Reactions: Vchick

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    When I was in hospital for two weeks I just continued vaping as I normally do but just not in front of the nurses.

They gave me a few funny looks when they came in and saw a cloud round my bed but never said anything :smokie:
    I had robotic surgery last summer, and was hospitalized for about 3 days. I vaped in bed when alone in my room with the curtains pulled. A couple of nurses or aids saw my vape setup on my over-the-bed table and said they had to inform me that no vaping was allowed in the hospital, but that they wouldn't say anything. They couldn't guarantee that the next person wouldn't call security on me, though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    not to mention all the gooey glue they use...:grr:
    That was a new one for me. The last time I had a sleep test they used superglue to hold everything together. This time they used this paste which washes out but they use a ton of it. I walked downstairs for a desperately needed vape (it was morning and the hospital had reopened) after they removed the wires and was astounded when I saw myself in the window reflection. I looked like a zombie. Even the homeless guys were avoiding me. To be let back in to the neurology area I did zombie impressions against the glass.

Reactions: Hawise

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I had robotic surgery last summer, and was hospitalized for about 3 days. I vaped in bed when alone in my room with the curtains pulled. A couple of nurses or aids saw my vape setup on my over-the-bed table and said they had to inform me that no vaping was allowed in the hospital, but that they wouldn't say anything. They couldn't guarantee that the next person wouldn't call security on me, though.
    We’re they able to remove the robots? Also: try not to sit on robots. They’re pointy.

Vchick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    That was a new one for me. The last time I had a sleep test they used superglue to hold everything together. This time they used this paste which washes out but they use a ton of it. I walked downstairs for a desperately needed vape (it was morning and the hospital had reopened) after they removed the wires and was astounded when I saw myself in the window reflection. I looked like a zombie. Even the homeless guys were avoiding me. To be let back in to the neurology area I did zombie impressions against the glass.

When I scheduled my first one years ago I thought - great an early start to my day, can get some errands done on my way home, until I looked in the mirror :facepalm:.

I had a partial nephrectomy about 3 years ago & was in the hospital for over a week due to some complications but I made sure to take all my gear. I had a bunch of egos in different colors so I think the nurses just thought they were some type of pens :lol:

searcher

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Bossier City, La
    Last time I was in the hospital was years ago for a heart cath. I used my 510 cigalike (kept in a clip on hand sanitizer thingy {as suggested on ECF}). Don't know if I could get by with that now. I just kept the privacy curtain drawn around the bed as much as possible and pulled the sheet over me when I vaped. Wife spent 2 weeks in the hospital last summer and I used my Kfun in the bathroom with no problems. The hospital no longer allows smoking or vaping anywhere on their property. A couple times a day I would go to my car (also against the rules) to use my DL device. I'm scheduled for a prostate biopsy on the 28th, and I'm hoping that I wont have to find new and innovative ways to keep up my vaping ritual.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Whenever I'm admitted to a "We Confiscate All E-Cigarettes" hospital...I just take a couple "Fling Originals" with me...

They're slightly larger than an analog...thus can be easily hidden in your gown pocket...(even if it has a Holter Monitor box in it)...or the top of those padded socks that they give you to wear...

Each one is equivalent to 2 packs of analogs...and produce a quite satisfying vaping experience...

And...although it hasn't ever happened (yet?)...if they did confiscate it...I'd only be out $5...

Fling Original | Fling Disposable E Cigarettes | White Cloud

Reactions: Baditude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread