IMR Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiseEnPlace

Aug 25, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
So I'm expecting my reo grand and supplies to arrive tomorrow, and I was wondering what to expect performance wise with the batts I ordered.

I got the imr 18650s from madvapes (blue shell). I know aw's are the "gold standard", but seeing as these are imr as well I figured they'd be fine for now.

So will these battery's work well with the reo? Thanks

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
The reason so many people care about the quality of the batteries is that they have the potential to explode if they are under quality. Generally most 18650s are safe, but the best rule to keep is to never use a device that uses more than one battery at a time, as one-battery devices generally pose the least risk.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
False. The best rule of thumb is to know your device, juice delivery method, and batteries....and the limitations of each. They all affect the limitations of the others; ie: don't use an atty that will pull 2 amps from a battery rated for 1.5 amps.

Using a device with multiple batteries is not dangerous, ignorant people that abuse thier equipment are.

MiseEnPlace, your battery will do just fine in your Reo.

Last edited:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
False. The best rule if thumb is to know your device, juice delivery method, and batteries....and the limitations of each. They all affect the limitations of the others; ie: don't use an atty that will pull 2 amps from a battery rated for 1.5 amps.

Using a device with multiple batteries is not dangerous, ignorant people that abuse thier equipment are.

i totally agree with this, however will never own a stacked mod as i know i cant be bothered to keep track of which battery is top and bottom and rotate properly. those that can and understand how to safely use one good for them.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The risk you run is getting counterfit batteries, unprotected cheap Li Ion cells sold as IMR's. For that reason I worry more about where I get batteries than how they are branded.

I also dissagree with some of the statements above, stacked batteries are exactly twice as likely to have a problem as using a single battery when used correctly simply because there are two of them. And, I can fill up about 20 pages on how to use stacked batteries incorrectly.

take a minute to understand the kind of power we are dealing with
    Lithium Ion Battery Explosion - YouTube

So my question would be, why would I stack batteries when there is no need to?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread