The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Increasing nic %

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by SKYYcamel, Feb 8, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Can someone tell me how much 100mg nic to add to a store bought 3mg juice to bring it up to 9mg? The juice I want to change is in a 100ml bottle Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    2 mls I think. You'd be better off waiting for someone that knows for sure that they're right.

[​IMG]

eta: Don't use the 2ml amount I came up with, unless you also use 30mls of 3mg/ml ejuice. The amount of 100 mg/ml to add depends on how many mls you're adding to.

another eta: I re-read your post, and you may be good to go with 7 mls. I emphasize the wait time still..

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. somdcomputerguy

Supporting member
    And here's another image if you want 100ml total.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. somdcomputerguy

Supporting member
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. virm

virm Super Member

Oct 27, 2019
    if your 100ml bottle is full it has 300mgs of nic. you want to bring the sum to 900mg/100ml. naturally by adding liquid your total ml's will change, but still...
    as the ppl in the Shiniytis thread answered:
    if you add 6mls of your 100mg/ml nic base that means you'll add 600mg nic and have a total of 900mg nic / 106mls of total liquid. which comes to roughly 8.5mg/ml nic.

if you add 6.5ml of your nic base you'll be closer: you'll be adding 650mg to make a total of 950mg / 106.5ml of total juice. which makes: 8.9201877934272300469483568075117 mg/ml.

hope your bottle has more space in it or you have a larger one.

if not you could take some out and vape it: take out 6mls of the original juice and add 6mls of the 100mg nic instead. you'll have a total of 8.82mg/ml

this is all freebase nic? i know many can DL it, but that'd hurt my throat. mtl i can do higher but not much with freebase nic, i couldn't do 12mg for instance.
    gooluck

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    7 ml will take you to 9.3 mg/ml, which should be close enough. It's 6.6 ml if you want to be more precise.

Here's the formula:

Nicotine base to add =

[volume of lower concentration juice * (final concentration - initial concentration)] ÷ (nicotine base concentration - final concentration)

which is...

[100 ml * (9 mg/ml - 3 mg/ml)] ÷ (100 mg/ml - 9 mg/ml)

or

600 mg ÷ 91 mg/ml = 6.6 ml

7. virm

virm Super Member

Oct 27, 2019
    bananas.. i really miss math... couldn't think of a complete formula directly,, did each step by hand. to calculate how much to reduce from the 100bottle i kept subtracting 3mg/ml and adding one 100mg/ml to get the total,,,

replace 6ml you'll get 8.82
    replace 7ml you'll get 9.79

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    No he does not have 300mg! He has 100ml of 3mg and wants to add an additional 6mg to bring the 100ml up to 9mg. 6ml of 100mg nic base will bring him close enough.

• Like Like x 1
  9. virm

virm Super Member

Oct 27, 2019
    100mls of 3mg/(1)ml = 300mg/100ml... i mean he has 300mgs of nic inside that 100ml bottle already. pointed it out just to simplify matters... how i made the calculation without knowing @Hawise 's formula. tried it btw, almost forgot which way the long division sign goes_ over a decade now since i played numbers.. i'd alywas thought linguistics will take me round back to them but never did in with what i been studying

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Quite true, if you replace it. My 9.3 calculation assumed it was added, not replaced (so 107 ml total, not 100 ml total). Everything depends on how you do it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Thanks for all you help folks! The only chemistry I know is how much Tito's to put in my soda. :lol:

• Like Like x 4