Adjusting strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Can someone tell me how much 100mg nic I should add (preferably by weight) to a 60ml bottle of juice to bring it to 9mg? Thanks!

Hi mate,
What is the VG/PG ratio of the 100mg/ml base?
Is it a 60ml bottle filled with 60ml of liquid or a short fill that "makes" 60ml total?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Hawise

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
This was calculated using this combining calcualtor

2ml of PG based nicotine should weigh about 2.08 grams
(this was calculated using my own weighing of my own PG nic base which came out to be 1.04g per 1ml. Brand is heartlandvapes house brand nicotine base).

Bah, I used math.;) But yes, calculators are easier for a lot of people.

The base is actually 50/50, which accounts for the difference we got in grams. According to Google the great, you got an accurate reading for PG specific gravity, but VG is denser at about 1.26 g/ml. That makes 50/50 roughly 1.15 g/ml (unless you want to be really accurate and factor in the density of the nicotine), so 2 ml * 1.15 g/ml = 2.3 g.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The base is actually 50/50, which accounts for the difference we got in grams. According to Google the great, you got an accurate reading for PG specific gravity, but VG is denser at about 1.26 g/ml. That makes 50/50 roughly 1.15 g/ml (unless you want to be really accurate and factor in the density of the nicotine), so 2 ml * 1.15 g/ml = 2.3 g.

I totally misunderstood the 50/50 part posted. I thought that was the eliquid not the base. I see now that this is the nic base. So you're right, that would make the gram weight of the amount to be added a bit different. I deleted my post altogether so as to keep this thread less confusing.

The weight of the 50/50 2mls of nic base to be added would likely be around 2.27g.

That's why I posted my CYA disclaimer. :lol:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Hawise
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread