Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Joy sent me the following

"The indulgence V2 has tight airflow with 510 and 40X adapter, it is not as easy as the Riva and 510 or ego, but it dose work."

I was having the same issues. I just enlarged the vent holes on the side and it now allows for an easier airflow.

By the way using a copper spring did greatly increase the TH and now gives a fuller vape.

Each of these hints will improve the unit, I too and working with V2 and now I am enjoying it better than I have since day one.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
I just god my Indulgence today. V2, 18650 cups like a Chinese Chuck. I am pleased with it. I had to pull the spring. it was a little short, but works good now. I have no problems with the adapter cups. They work fine for me. They do have a hard draw if you crank the atty or carto ALL THE WAY DOWN, but I just screw them in until I feel them touch, or crew the carto in and back it up half a turn and it works fine. The build quality is pretty good for the cost, and seems like it will last a while. I may try the copper spring or magnets later, but I like the mellow low voltage hit of the 18650 batter in it's factory form. My order took FOREVER to get here, but I am happy with my products, and VERY happy with the price.

SO, Cheers to EastMall.net

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
You don't really need 2 chargers for the 16340. I've been charging the 16340 batteries as a pair in the same charger for months now and they still work perfectly. What i mean by "as a pair" is 2 batteries in the same charger, put one next to the other. They fit since they charger is made to fit the large 3000 mAh batteries aswell. If anyone here knows his stuff around electronics could comment on the fact that I'm charging 2 batteries in 1 charger it would be nice. But so far my batteries and charger work well and I've been doing this for several months already.

I tried charging the two 16340 batteries on the charger that came with my Indulgence v2 and THEY DON'T FIT. This may be a new charger they are sending with the Indulgence v2.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
I was having the same issues. I just enlarged the vent holes on the side and it now allows for an easier airflow.

By the way using a copper spring did greatly increase the TH and now gives a fuller vape.

Each of these hints will improve the unit, I too and working with V2 and now I am enjoying it better than I have since day one.

I'm awaiting delivery of some needle files, so I can modify the adapter with notches similar to all the other 510 batteries I have. I will be filing down the bottom few threads on the 401 adapter to make it similar to the other 40x battery connections http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19941&d=1286148686&thumb=1&stc=1

What is sad is that I have to do this myself, due to poor design by the manufacturer.

Attachments

• 40x.jpg
    40x.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 119

Quikijiki

ECF Veteran
Nice review. Just recently purchased mine from an eastmall reseller here in my country. Currnently enjoying the extended cup with 2 3v cr123A batteries (metal spacer for fitting) I am very happy with its performance at 6v using a 901 standard atty. with the 901 atty at 6v, i am getting far more flavors, good throat hit, and really heavy vapor compared to any lr atty setup i've tried with a 510 atty (my eGo used to be the best in this case).

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Nice review. Just recently purchased mine from an eastmall reseller here in my country. Currnently enjoying the extended cup with 2 3v cr123A batteries (metal spacer for fitting) I am very happy with its performance at 6v using a 901 standard atty. with the 901 atty at 6v, i am getting far more flavors, good throat hit, and really heavy vapor compared to any lr atty setup i've tried with a 510 atty (my eGo used to be the best in this case).

The spring does loosen after a while. Use tweezers to pull out the spring. Stretch the spring manually a bit and replace. Put spacers into "odds and ends" pile. I highly recommend the Riva for the 510. It is especially good with LR-EM5 and compares favorably with the Indulgence with LR-EM5.

Quikijiki

ECF Veteran
The spring does loosen after a while. Use tweezers to pull out the spring. Stretch the spring manually a bit and replace. Put spacers into "odds and ends" pile. I highly recommend the Riva for the 510. It is especially good with LR-EM5 and compares favorably with the Indulgence with LR-EM5.

thanks for the tips ;)

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
True dsk. I bought 3 indulgence kits. But i find it's best with 2 16340 batteries on the extended cup. I can hardly get any vapor and TH on the standard cup on 18350 battery.

Try the 18350 with LR 510 atomizer. Compares favorably with the 6V set-up. Also try the spring fix I mention below.

Another tip: Clean all connections. After a while of screwing and unscrewing some dust ends up on the threads. Wipe the threads with a damp cloth. If you have the older Indulgence tip, dissassemble and clean it also. Liquid gunk build-up does not make good conduction.

shadowin

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Malaysia
Try the 18350 with LR 510 atomizer. Compares favorably with the 6V set-up. Also try the spring fix I mention below.

Another tip: Clean all connections. After a while of screwing and unscrewing some dust ends up on the threads. Wipe the threads with a damp cloth. If you have the older Indulgence tip, dissassemble and clean it also. Liquid gunk build-up does not make good conduction.
Thanks for the info dsk. Actually all my 3 indulgence kits are v2. Just got it last month. Tried with regular 510, 801 & LR510, LR801 & LR901. Really not much vapor on 18350 & 18650 batt. And yes, i always clean my threads. So i only use my LR atties on the Riva now and use indulgence only with 2 l6340 batts. I am still wondering why the low vapor coz i asked my friend to test with a multimeter and the voltage reads fine.

Edit : I also pulled out all the springs in order to make good contact. If not, the batts can barely touch the connector on the manual switch.

Last edited:

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
I pulled out the spring and put some thin copper wire around it. It really does give more vapor. I think i will buy the hot copper spring to test it out. The only place i can find that ships here to Malaysia is from a UK vendor. Really hope Eastmall will offer these hot copper springs.

I have not looked, but could be in a plumbing supply store. Maybe Home Depot. Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread