Indulgence Review UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi all,

Having now used the Indulgence for a couple of weeks I have to amend some of my earlier comments in my original review.

The main thing was my concern with the threads. I can tell you now that after a while, the constant use of screwing the unit apart and back together seems to settle the threads into a good grove that becomes much easier (ie, less fragile) to use. In fact, after constant use the threads become very nice and have a smooth feeling as though burrs or something have smoothed out and the unit just glides together.

I'm not saying don't be careful when you first get your Indulgence because that is when the threads feel a bit suspect. But taking care for a couple of weeks will reward you with a lovely, smooth feeling thread that I have no complaints about at all.

Thank you Eastmall, nice job.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi all,

Having now used the Indulgence for a couple of weeks I have to amend some of my earlier comments in my original review.

The main thing was my concern with the threads. I can tell you now that after a while, the constant use of screwing the unit apart and back together seems to settle the threads into a good grove that becomes much easier (ie, less fragile) to use. In fact, after constant use the threads become very nice and have a smooth feeling as though burrs or something have smoothed out and the unit just glides together.

I'm not saying don't be careful when you first get your Indulgence because that is when the threads feel a bit suspect. But taking care for a couple of weeks will reward you with a lovely, smooth feeling thread that I have no complaints about at all.

Thank you Eastmall, nice job.

Excellent -- good to know you have found your groove -- hahahahahahahah

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi all,

I broke out my mini indulgence with my new UltraFire 18350 3.7V Li-ion 1200mAh batteries that just arrived. Don't you just love it when the delivery people just keep coming and you are on a first name basis with all of them. :)

Anyway, I hadn't used the small tube yet and found a great way of "breaking in the threads" on Indulgence components. I just carefully screw on the component all the way down, then I start screwing them back and forward to break down any build up of rough materials on the thread. I find that about a minute or two of doing this the threads will "wear in" and you wont have that rough feeling that makes you think you could cross thread.

I haven't done this with all my atti caps yet as I only use two of them at the moment and use converters for my other atti and carto combinations. I find the same thing applies to the atti connections. Take an atti or carto and carefully screw it on, the screw it back and forth to break in the thread. You could probably use some machine oil but make sure to wipe out the black crud that builds up in the threads after doing this.

Hope this helps, it's made a big difference to my Indulgence use and completely assuaged my concerns of cross threading the components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread