• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

INFINITY MOD, final report: FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
ahh. no Sir. No guns.. I was born and raised in Berlin Germany.. I dislike guns, or I should say, I dislike the idea I can go to any PawnShop and buy .45 Colt Revolver or a Shotgun. I have nothing against people that like to shoot at the range, or hunt.. Just not my pot of tea.

I used to ride a small-... motorcycle 125cc in Russia when i was 15.. that was fun!! Now I'm old/married with child.. No more fun for me:)

Again sorry for my posts before, you guys seems like a cool bunch!

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
i think my next purchase will be an eGo-T atomizer and cartridges from heaven-gifts.com. the cone T-attys take the regular ego battery, so it's a cheap way to try it out.

I bought all my Go Tank stuff from Vicki @ Cignot. They're right over the border in Elmhurst, IL. Super fast (same day) shipping and UNBELIEVABLE cust. service. :)

As for the system...it's just OK. Liked it a lot at first, but flavors are EXTREMELY muted. If flavor and TH are your bag, you may not like this unit. There is a burnt and/or plastic taste that just won't go away. I've gone thru at least 5 atty's and several tanks. Some tanks leaked, most did not. If you're not in a big rush, I'd be happy to send you an atty and some tanks to try before you buy! We're off to the tropics until 4/9 so let me know.

:)

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
I bought all my Go Tank stuff from Vicki @ Cignot. They're right over the border in Elmhurst, IL. Super fast (same day) shipping and UNBELIEVABLE cust. service. :)

As for the system...it's just OK. Liked it a lot at first, but flavors are EXTREMELY muted. If flavor and TH are your bag, you may not like this unit. There is a burnt and/or plastic taste that just won't go away. I've gone thru at least 5 atty's and several tanks. Some tanks leaked, most did not. If you're not in a big rush, I'd be happy to send you an atty and some tanks to try before you buy! We're off to the tropics until 4/9 so let me know.

Vmb--you coming to the next meetup?

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
Sadly, I'm stuck on the higher voltage units...an eGo just wouldn't satisfy.

So I'll just stick with the fisty, the SB, and the flippy...

I too thought I was stuck @ HV but the Ego T I speak of is LR and it satisfies. I used HV for about 8 months prior to the LR-T.. Just me though..

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.

See..that I do not agree with.. but again I have the LR.. I heard that before I got it and was worried. Just not the case with me. Flavor isnt super but fine.. TH is def. there. I use 100% VG at 24-36mg. And I have double shot (flavor) from Vapor Renu.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I too thought I was stuck @ HV but the Ego T I speak of is LR and it satisfies. I used HV for about 8 months prior to the LR-T.. Just me though..

But I tried the LR attys at Midwest VapeFest...one of Cisco's 306's...and was unimpressed.

My personal setup, which does what I want it to do for me, is either the fisty or the SB, 510, with a carto and low-nic juice. That's the great thing about vaping, though. There are multitudes of options out there that mean one size doesn't have to fit all.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Comparing an eGo to an Infinity is like comparing apples and oranges: fixed versus variable voltage. As such, the Infinity should be compared to other vv units. I do not own an Infinity but a Buzz and ProVari. My vv's seem to work better with certain juices. They are just too large to schlep around when I am moving about.

If I were to compare my eGo's to other fixed voltage units (Icon, Copper, Screwdriver, DSE 905), I would have to say the eGo SUCKS ABSOLUTELY . Six have failed me over the course of a year. Two failed so catastrophically that I had to toss them into a sand bucket because they started to heat up and smoke.

At ~$20 a pop (depending on where you get them), it gets to be an expensive proposition.

While the regulated circuit of the eGo is a nice feature, I wonder how important it is for a fixed voltage unit. LiIon's tend to have a relatively flat output curve so one has to question the importance of regulation in fixed voltage unit.

I have decided to make my mobile vape an Icon. It's a small, sleek design with a 14500 battery which offers good performance.

Rechargeable batteries will fail, but when they do I am a lot better off replacing a $3 battery than a $20 one. I also had 3 Rivas fail me because of the switch collapsing into the housing. I see sites advertising Rivas with an improved switch, but have not tried these units.

Oddly enough, I have yet to have a single replaceable battery fail me yet (14500, 18500, 18350, 123A).

Smok Teck is supposed to introduce an Ego look-alike with a replaceable battery and switch. That is an interesting concept and will hopefully challenge the eGo

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
But I tried the LR attys at Midwest VapeFest...one of Cisco's 306's...and was unimpressed.

My personal setup, which does what I want it to do for me, is either the fisty or the SB, 510, with a carto and low-nic juice. That's the great thing about vaping, though. There are multitudes of options out there that mean one size doesn't have to fit all.

Exactly my fellow vapor... I just wanted ya to know..just in case.. I truly always try to help. And by the way, when at home relaxing I still LOVE to fire my Phidias up at 6+V's Nothing like it !!

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Vmb--you coming to the next meetup?

I wish I could...I REALLY want to go to one of these (sniff, sniff, sob! sob!). Hubby and I are headed to Maui for 2 weeks on Thurs.

BTW, I just saw on the Notcigs forum that someone else is having the same problem with the button sticking in the "on" position.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
See..that I do not agree with.. but again I have the LR..

I have the LR's as well. There's no real difference for me. In fact, the regular atty's (in my mind) perform much better. I have used the straight VG from EcoPure as well as PG/VG mix and none work well for ME. I know lot of folks really like the eGo T, I'm just putting my 2 cents in. Will use as a backup (along with the rotten Infinity).

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
warlike and vmb: am going to give this a try. why not?! i'm pretty much done with spending tons of money on risky mods that may or may not work for more than a few weeks--but i don't mind spending a few bucks on something that fits what i already have. hope my HV nhaler coconut juice tastes good in it. my addiction to it (and it seems to only taste really good at HV) is the only reason i have not sold my provari in the classifieds yet.

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
warlike and vmb: am going to give this a try. why not?! i'm pretty much done with spending tons of money on risky mods that may or may not work for more than a few weeks--but i don't mind spending a few bucks on something that fits what i already have. hope my HV nhaler coconut juice tastes good in it. my addiction to it (and it seems to only taste really good at HV) is the only reason i have not sold my provari in the classifieds yet.

Well..if it doesn't work out for ya let me know..but I think you'll enjoy it. I have someone at work that is on the fence..and would probably take it off your hands. After all..I would feel bad if ya didnt like it and could help ya recoup your loss.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I wish I could...I REALLY want to go to one of these (sniff, sniff, sob! sob!). Hubby and I are headed to Maui for 2 weeks on Thurs.

BTW, I just saw on the Notcigs forum that someone else is having the same problem with the button sticking in the "on" position.

Skipping a WI vapers meet for MAUI??? Sheesh....you gotta adjust your priorities :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread