Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Nhaler Revolver review
Revolver EGO Automatic Batteries

14xdjl4.jpg

I have been vaping for a long time, and have owned or do own a variety of devices from the incredibly poor to amazing hand crafted quality mods. I say this so you know that I am not new, and not easily impressed with any product. The Revolver has impressed me enough to come out of my ECF hibernation and post a product review.

It is what it is.

The revolver from Nhaler is a 28 dollar battery, 31 for 1100mah . Let that sink in for a bit because a 28 dollar ego battery is not a cheap battery. You can get a nice 650 mah ego battery for 11 bucks if you search around and a pair of them for $10 or less if you get a good deal. What the revolver has going for it, and what makes it my primary device over any mod, is that it is variable voltage, within its limits, and it is automatic.

The only other automatic battery that comes close to this one in performance is the Vapor Zeus which runs a whopping 51.95 for a single battery, at that price point it may be cheaper to go back to camel or Marlboro especially when you consider the anemic quality of cartomizers available for the Zeus.

The revolver is an ego threaded device, which opens up pretty much every 510 tank or cartomizer for use. However the automatic nature of the Revolver means you will not want to use many of those cartomizers unless you enjoy the sensation of trying to suck a chocolate chip through your straw on a mocha jave chip frappuccino. Airflow is critical on this device and can make or break the experience, boge cartomizers work fine but I have found the Kanger bottom coil tanks to be exceptional performers on the Revolver, they have less airflow than the Vision tanks and you can adjust that even further by fiddling with the three tiny airflow holes. This combination works fantastic because you can then take your cartomizer and put it on a mod if you ever need that whopping 6 gazzilion mah's on your big battery mod...for camping or zombie apocalypse, this compatibility between so many devices easily has the Revolver coming out on top of the Zeus in my opinion.

a4x8if.jpg

Variable-ness
The variable volt option is pretty stock standard as far as ego type versions go, I like the knurled rings best as they allow for easier grip, but on the whole you are getting your amp limited variable voltage. I use 2.2 ohm heating elements in my kanger and it definately works up to 4.2 volts (where I like it about 8 watts). I have not metered this battery, indeed trying to meter an automatic battery is no easy thing I have found, but based on comparison I would say it reaches 9watts on the 2.2 and probably has an amp limit stopping it from going too much higher...again that is all just comparison to my variable wattage mods not hard numbers.

However I think the important part is that is VAPES GOOD and I enjoy the experience, there is something about having one of these, not so little guys, in your pocket pulling it out in any condition not fiddling for a button and just vaping away, there is no button to go off in your pocket, or break, or glow some god awful color or hit 14 times to find the super sub menu that reports your caloric intake for the day....it just vapes.

2j3h64l.jpg

When I say it is not so little I mean it is big, compared to your standard 650mah ego, which has the exact same staying power, this is a towering wreck of a battery add on an extra large cartomizer and you have a device that may make your churchill cigars feel slightly inadequate and jealous. I however, after using it for 6 months or so, have found it to be just fine...easily fits in any pocket, though it may stick out of the top of a shirt pocket..and the weight is good..it is much more portable than a provari or any of the new variable wattage devices...but remember they last for longer as well.

Conclusions
Overall I have found these to be amazing devices, perhaps as close to perfect, for me, as I can find. All devices have a downside, whether it is size or complications or stupid proprietary cartomizers, this one is no exception it is large for the amount of MAH it gives, expensive compared to other batteries that do not have as many features, and it is not a mod so eventually you have to buy another battery...all batteries die one day, though my black one is going on 6 months and still doing fine. However even with all that, the experience is the best I have found to create a simple satisfying vape that can be tailored to any juice or wattage I wish from pure VG to a PG/VG mix, and the fact that it uses cartomizers that can be moved over to a higher mah mod if I need to go on a two day sailing trip means I do not have to invest in two different style of cartomizers, or use ugly adapters that weaken the connection point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread