• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

influence on body weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
If I'd vape a smokey buttered bread with cheese, it's a grilled cheese vape, right?

Since I switched to vaping, 9 months ago, my eating habits did not change, nothing really changed except I am suspecting that I increased my nicotine intake. But I took about 10 - 15 pounds since. Maybe its just the age.

Did your body weight changed after vaping for a while?

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Mine did. I did a little personal experiment and stopped working out for a month and vaped before and after every meal. I ended up going from 170 to 160 lbs. My appetite is very sensitive in response to nicotine.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I'll have to try that also and maybe go to 36 mg's, hhhmmmmm .... that should get increase my metabolism

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I greatly increased when I switched. I suspect that's partly due to the lack of MAOI's in e-cigs compared to Cigarettes. The second part took me a while to finally figure out.

When I made the switch I found a sweet caramel All Day Vape. I was really enjoying being free of Tar and the stench of smoked Tobacco but I had incredible hunger pangs that I could not satisfy, even after I had just eaten. Lets say things got a little out of control, lol. I even attempted to stuff myself with food to see if the hunger pangs could be beaten. It didn't work so I took it to Google. I finally came across info on empty calorie foods and artificial sweeteners and how in 'some' people it triggers hunger by falsely telling the body to expect a in-coming calorie load. When the body doesn't receive that calorie load your may gorge down. I switched to less sweet vapes like Torque56 and the hunger pangs went away! Things are now stable but I still have yet to loose the fat mass i gained

Last edited:

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
I`m 3 months in, no dietary changes, except an increase in vitamins, no changes in eating habits. Although, the first month I felt my blood sugar drop at night and had to eat when I wasn`t accustomed to (crackers were my best friend). My metabolism was on a merry go round, but I didn`t gain weight, I actually lost weight.

So why am I a freak of nature in this experience, when every piece of literature says a person can gain 10 to 30lbs! I don`t know. Maybe I`ll eat a cookie and burst at month six!!:laugh:

Our bodies can really take a hit in the processes of digestion, metabolism, and neurological, behavioural changes etc. I think it takes time to work through the lack of chemicals and re-adjust. I believe a year is fair to say, for the body to adapt and heal itself. Most importantly, be healthy and be kind to yourselves. :)

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
I'm mostly the same, but I might have dropped a couple pounds. I don't go to the scale often (never have in my life) because I can tell by the way my clothes fit on me if I've gone through a weight change. I will add that I am slowly trying to drop 25 lbs this year, not because I am obese, but because I want to and it's supported in my health record by my doctor.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Definitly gained some wieght from the lack of MAOI's, get cravings I never had while smoking.

Recently watched the movie "Fat Head", it's a response to the movie "Supersize me", it was funny and very educational,
The movie taught about the actual science behind what makes us fat and why/how type 2 diabetes develops, he goes so far as to live off nothing but fast food for a month ultimately losing weight and lowering his colesterol by only avoiding fries and soda while enjoying everything else on the menus.
It's a good movie for people like us to check out because if we are gonna pig out, we should know what we can pig out on with out getting diabetes or making our heart explode.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Almost two months now, and I haven't gone up or down any. I find I am grazing more now that I'm off the cigs so we'll see how that pans out in the longer run.

psssst, start planning to do something in the area of awesomeness at the three month mark! New Saber touch VV? Vmax? taking us to Disney land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread