Ingesting vape juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat006

Apr 12, 2019
Hello I recently got into vaping and had a question that I cant find the answer to.
Is vape juice ingestivle in small quantities that does not contain nicotine.
I notised they taste deliscios when vaping and I was wondering if they could be mixed with water and gellatin to make eatable jelly.
I recently discovered that the jelly I used to buy contains harmfull ingredients so I was looking to make mymown but I don't know where to find a flavour concentrate.

Does anyone know if this is plausable or not ?

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Hello I recently got into vaping and had a question that I cant find the answer to.
I notised they taste deliscios when vaping and I was wondering if they could be mixed with water and gellatin to make eatable jelly.
I recently discovered that the jelly I used to buy contains harmfull ingredients so I was looking to make mymown but I don't know where to find a flavour concentrate.

Hi, my wife often sneaks some of my concentrates into her cooking for biscuit's, cakes.

Reactions: Mordacai

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Absolutely, the flavorings we use are all GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for consumption and that is actually their intended purpose. PG and VG are as well. Here’s a few links for you, Capella and Perfumers Apprentice sell their own lines and Wizard Labs is a reseller with a wide range of lines and products, hope that helps.

Capella Flavors, Inc : Concentrated Multi-Purpose Flavoring

Wizard Labs

Perfumer's Apprentice

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
They’re all USPgrade artificial food flavorings. Not all food flavorings can be vaped, but all vape flavorings are USP food flavorings, so yes. This does not stop them from being weird though. Also the concentrations required could be very very different. (Tobacco flavored cookies? Ugh.)

I wish you’d said that before April fools day!

I’ve used my vape flavors to make coffee creamer. Mmm butter pecan! And I was thinking about adding a little berry crunch to my bleh oatmeal. If it didn’t taste like soggy cardboard I might actually not hate eating it.

Reactions: muth

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I’ve used my vape flavors to make coffee creamer. Mmm butter pecan! And I was thinking about adding a little berry crunch to my bleh oatmeal. If it didn’t taste like soggy cardboard I might actually not hate eating it.
These both sound like they would work. For all I know tobacco flavored oatmeal might even be good. I don’t THINK it will but I’ve never actually tried it

kat006

Apr 12, 2019
Absolutely, the flavorings we use are all GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for consumption and that is actually their intended purpose. PG and VG are as well. Here’s a few links for you, Capella and Perfumers Apprentice sell their own lines and Wizard Labs is a reseller with a wide range of lines and products, hope that helps.

Capella Flavors, Inc : Concentrated Multi-Purpose Flavoring

Wizard Labs

Perfumer's Apprentice

I'll definitely check those out! Thanks heaps!

kat006

Apr 12, 2019
They’re all USPgrade artificial food flavorings. Not all food flavorings can be vaped, but all vape flavorings are USP food flavorings, so yes. This does not stop them from being weird though. Also the concentrations required could be very very different. (Tobacco flavored cookies? Ugh.)

Thats great! I was thinking more along the lines of melon or strawberries and cream kind of flavours or other dessert flavours that sound delicious haha

Reactions: DeloresRose

kat006

Apr 12, 2019

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about using e liquids like that. I just couldn't find any reassuring threads about its safety. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a weird thread question...

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
A fellow vaper in the early days taught me to judge a new liquid not by smell but by putting a drop on the tongue. It is much more accurate in my experience.

I drop of liquid with nic on the tongue is another way to cope when on a plane or any environment where vaping is risky.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
if we are just talking about the flavorings then yes
if we are talking about an actually premade ejuice with nicotine then no....you can ingest small amounts of nic but I wouldn't bake with it, you'd probably end up with nic poisoning
when I'm at work and don't get breaks I will put a drop or two of my ejuice on my tongue to get my nic fix
also be aware that "large" amounts of pg/vg can react as a laxative....

• Informative
Reactions: Sakurai

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about using e liquids like that. I just couldn't find any reassuring threads about its safety. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a weird thread question...

Not weird. Better safe than sorry. I don’t know about you, but much of what I eat or drink has some sort of artificial flavor in it, and it’s basically the same flavorings I use for diy. So I use them without a second thought. I wish I had a healthier lifestyle, but I do love my water with Mio, and my childhood favorite cereals lol.

kat006

Apr 12, 2019
if we are just talking about the flavorings then yes
if we are talking about an actually premade ejuice with nicotine then no....you can ingest small amounts of nic but I wouldn't bake with it, you'd probably end up with nic poisoning
when I'm at work and don't get breaks I will put a drop or two of my ejuice on my tongue to get my nic fix
also be aware that "large" amounts of pg/vg can react as a laxative....

I never smoked and don't use nicotine. There were alot of warnings about not ingesting nicotine eliquid but I was only interested in the basic flavours.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
DeloresRose, to make oatmeal/porridge more palatable.

1: Soak overnight with half water and half milk, add a fair amount as it doesn't matter if it's a little thin.

2: Add a touch of salt and cook it on a low simmer.

3: Add preserves or syrup when it's cooked, or you can add fruit when cooking and then add sugar or syrup when cooked.

That's my method and I don't get too many complaints.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
These both sound like they would work. For all I know tobacco flavored oatmeal might even be good. I don’t THINK it will but I’ve never actually tried it
Tobacco. Flavored. Oatmeal. Three words that do not belong together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread