Innokin Itaste VTR Compatibility - Big List of atomizer's that fit without adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be something to do with rebuilding the protank 2, but my pt2 doesn't want to draw at all on the vtr. Anyone else have this problem? I even tried drilling out the airholes on the base of the tank but still no luck. BTW, I have the newer vtr with the solid base.

I have the VTR with the solid base as well and the Kanger Aerotank doesn't want to hit worth a damn on it. Bought both brand new and I'm not impressed with the Aerotank one bit. I need something that hits better.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Anyone knows how well the eMode Clearomizer (only head for 25€) would fit into the VTR, and if it would be a good choice? Does it look good?

After my first eCom I now ordered the iTaste VTR for my desktop, mostly because it looks awesome and is rather low, has 15 watts and a dial instead of clumsy menu. But now I'm looking for a good clearomizer. The default one pulls really heavy.

Since I like the eCom (cool and dense vapor, no leaking) I wonder if the eMode fits into the VTR? It uses the same clearomizer C2 head and also has air control. I think it's down to the eMode or the Kangar Aerotank. Anyone got experiences with either one? Is the Kanga Aerotank better? Others had good experiences with it and the heads are certainly cheaper, but the eCom produces a lot of vapor with less power.

I'd be thankful for any advice, I'm a newbie to vaping.

PS: The ijoy faatank should fit as well but unfortunately has a plastic tank.

Last edited:

KGie

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    Tampa, FL USA
    Aspire Vivi Nova BDC Tank

Basically viva nova sized, a cross between a viva nova tank and ismoka bdc coil, literally just got one in the mail to try it out.

Does the Aspire pyrex mini version (2.0 ml) of this tank rattle around in the VTR? (It's not listed in the spreadsheet.) Anyone know how it looks? I assume in practice it works just like the 3.5 ml version.

Last edited:

ScorpioZZZ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2012
    Arizona
    Great thread!
    Here are a couple of examples of mine.

First if you are NOT comfortable with the mechanics of taking apart your VTR please do not try any of this.
    The SS screws are very tiny and I have no idea where to get replacements or how to repair the threads if cross threaded.

Sorry it is 4:30am here and I do not have the link but there is a thread on ECF where the guy has pictures of taking one apart. All of the parts listed are from Fasttech.

I chose not to mod my VTR (by sanding or removing the ring) so......

Using a T6 torx: WLXY WL2013-T6 Torx Precision Screwdriver
    WL2013-T6, Torx T6 / SKU: 1205006 $2.48

1. I remove the 2 SS screws fron the top of the VTR.
    2. Also remove the 2 SS screws on the side close to the top button (carefull these are VERY tiny.)
    3. With a little bit of wiggling the top section of the VTR will lift up, be carefull not to lift to high or quickly as there is a small wire attached which may tear. You only need to lift it about 1/4in.

For a Genny experience I have used:

Steam Turbine Genesis Style Rebuildable Atomizer (3.0mL)
    Stainless Steel / SKU: 1479600 $12.93

But I did get some leaking from sitting with it in my back pocket when out and about.

I do like the Kayfun experience for the vape quality and no leaking in my pocket so now I am using:

Kayfun Lite Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL)
    Kayfun Lite, PMMA / SKU: 1651401 $12.87

Kayfun Nano Body Kit
    Kayfun Nano Kit, Stainless Steel (3 Pieces) / SKU: 1649900 $5.19

Replacement Tank Section for Kayfun 3.1 / Kayfun Lite
    Tank Section, Blue / SKU: 1644301 $1.18

I did have issues with the top piece where the drip tip goes into. the small chimney tube did not go into it far enough to screw down all the way so I used the one from...

Spare Parts for Kayfun v3.1 Atomizer
    Spare Parts, PMMA(for Kayfun v3.1) / SKU: 1570900 $5.12

After installing the RBA into the 510 simply re-position the VTR top back ( it should sit in the same place it came from with very little effort) and screw it together, the screws should turn in easily and only feel tight when seated all the way in. Do not crank on them they only should be snug so they do not come out by themselves.
    I recomend doing this part on a large table so when you drop a screw you can find it!

ian91

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    I have the VTR with the solid base as well and the Kanger Aerotank doesn't want to hit worth a damn on it. Bought both brand new and I'm not impressed with the Aerotank one bit. I need something that hits better.

Must be your Aerotank. I have the same combination and the Aerotank is terrific. Vaping on it now.

neyel8r

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2014
    altho i don't yet own a VTR, i do own an Aerotank & have seen one on the VTR...

innokin_itaste_VTR_MOD_aerotank_uk.jpg

looks very nice, i might say... wonder what my next mod will be...?? :?: :D

neyel8r

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2014

if your Aerotank doesn't hit worth a sh!†, you might look into upping your voltage or replacing the coil... i've had mine for a few weeks now (currently powered by a Vision Spinner II) & both original coils still hit like champs :vapor:

Last edited:

chapeltown

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Lyric- try switching to watts instead of volts. Start at maybe 8 watts and work your way up till you find your sweet spot. Sooo much better (and easier) than trying to match your resistance to your voltage.

~~~as a side note, make sure your center pin is not mashed down. If it is, no topper will hit for anything.

Seriously though, try wattage. Such an amazing difference!!!

TWalker

ECF Veteran
    Dec 6, 2009
    NM
    Thumbs up for Taifun Mini. Got mine today. Thumbs down for protank and aerotank: They are both the worst pieces of crap I have ever used. Maybe I just was unlucky but I can't say enough bad about them.

Taifun would be much better if it were 19 mm and not so tall but as a RBA for the VTR not bad. Doesn't compare to my Kayfun 3.1 for performance but still....

Still waiting for the perfect RBA for VTR....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread