Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone and welcome back for today's review of the Kroma - Z from Innokin. The Kroma Z was not provided from Innokin for this review instead it was a contest win that Innokin conducted and I was the lucky winner of. After using the device and being very pleased with it's performance I decided to include it in my review queue and do a review of it. First of all let me tell you that the Kroma Z uses a built in 3000 mAH battery and uses type-c quick charging and as the title says is a AIO pod device that comes with many extras that should make any vaper happy, ( novice or veteran ) and will also make MTL or RDL vapers equally as happy because of the fully adjustable airflow that can close down to a true cigarette type of draw or open up to a nice RDL draw. Maximum wattage is 40w and is a wattage only device. Before I get into the review let's have a look at the Kroma Z and find out some details before I give you my findings of it in the review.

COLOR CHOICES

15_f34e6f52-53ca-4118-9b45-96b5bc8884b8.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX SHOWN WITH OPTIONAL 510 ADAPTER

20210123_050613.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

kroma-z-15.jpg

MEASUREMENTS

Innokin-KROMA-Z-Pod-Kit_06_rXtOQ.jpeg

TRUE MTL OR RDL

kroma-z-01.jpg

3000 MAH INTERNAL BATTERY WITH TYPE-C CHARGING

kroma-z-06.jpg

SMART COIL DETECT WITH WATTAGE SELECT

kroma-z-05.jpg

SOLID AND SECURE POD CONNECTION

kroma-z-08.jpg

Z-COIL POD

kroma-z-02.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL Z-COILS

kroma-z-03.jpg

2 AIRFLOW CONTROL RINGS INCLUDED

kroma-z-11.jpg

EXTERNAL AIRFLOW CONTROL

kroma-z-10.jpg

NEW 0.3Ω RDL COIL INCLUDED

kroma-z-04.jpg

EASY SIDE FILL POD

kroma-z-09.jpg

AVAILABLE 510 ADAPTER FOR EXTERNAL TANKS OR RDA

kroma-z-12.jpg

COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT ( MAGNESIUM ALLOY )

kroma-z-14.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

First off I noticed that packaging was a bit different than the usual from Innokin being that no longer will anything be packaged in plastic but rather paper instead which I applaud Innokin for trying to help save the environment. All your extras and kit components are packaged in paper envelopes that are stamped with whats inside each one.

As shown earlier Innokin provides 3 different drip tips with one for RDL and the other 2 being for MTL one in a straight style and the other a more traditional MTL style all of which are 510 and feel comfortable . The Kroma Z comes with 2 coils a 0.8Ω (15-18w ) which is preinstalled and a 0.3Ω (30-40w ) . Innokin also provided 2 different types of airflow control rings that secure the coil of your choice to the pod itself.

Each control ring is different with the amount of holes as well as the diameter of the holes. For MTL you can use either control ring and dial in your draw tightness with the airflow control lever but if you like a really tight cigarette type of draw the single tiny hole control ring is your best bet, many of today's pod styled devices claim that they are MTL capable but very few actually are but I can tell you the Kroma Z does in fact close down to a very tight MTL draw.

The included coils are a 0.8Ω round wire and a 0.3Ω mesh, if using the preinstalled 0.8Ω coil try it first with the 3 holed airflow control ring to see if you like it and if you don't just unscrew it and replace it with the single holed tighter one but any new vapers reading this use the 3 holed ring for the 0.3Ω coil only and don't forget to first prime either coil with juice and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes after filling the pod . Below is a photo of both coils with the 0.8 round wire with the screen on top of it on the left and the 0.3 mesh on the right.

20210123_070400.jpg

The pod itself is connected using 2 strong magnets and also a tiny tab located right below the fillport aiding in securing the pod from accidentally coming off. The coils are a push in type just be sure when installing to line up the flat sides of the coil with the flat sides of the pod then screw on one of the airflow control rings.

20210123_081232.jpg

Below the Kroma Z is pictured with the optional 510 connecter already connected in the background and the pod with the tight MTL single hole airflow control ring installed. When using the single hole control ring there really is no difference of draw adjusting the airflow lever on the device itself.

20210123_115020.jpg

The Kroma Z has 2 airflow slots that are located on the sides of the device and uses a lever located in back of the device to control the amount of air entering , what happens on one side happens on the other. The lever selector has just the right amount of tension being not to tight or loose, I've not had the selector come off it's setting while it was in my pocket. Airflow is smooth across the different settings and relatively quiet as well. Shown below in it's half closed position.

20210123_080720.jpg

The fillport of the pod is in the front and is a side fill which I like because I seem to be able to get side fill pods filled to the brim a bit more easily. The fill hole is big enough that if you use dropper bottles you will have no problem and another nice thing is that the fill plug can be rotated out of the way when filling the 4.5ml pod. Another very nice feature of the pod is although it's tinted, it's lightly tinted so viewing your juice is easily done without having to hold it up to bright light to see the level of juice.

20210123_080157.jpg

Now we come to the brains of this AIO, the Kroma Z uses smart tech to recognize what coil is installed and then give you a recommended wattage for that coil to start out without the user having maybe forgot to change the wattage setting from a previous coil or if using the optional 510 adapter and burning up a brand new coil, this feature should be a standard on all devices and I'm happy that Innokin employs it in the Kroma Z.

Another feature is the Kroma Z uses a firebar just like the Kroma R uses and I absolutely love firebars on vaping devices, no feeling or looking for the fire button just pick it up and squeeze and your vaping. I found the device to be solidly built with no cheap feeling at all. Although not a very wide device it sits solidly as well as level on any flat platform.

20210123_114248.jpg

The firebar also doubles as your display screen that has all the information that you need nicely laid out with the font of said info being big enough to see without having to squint. The display panel screen is tinted also and can be seen easily indoors in bright sunlight there is a bit of wash out because of tinting being just a bit heavy. Images are very sharp and vivid in detail with your information as follows. Upper left corner is your green unlock or red lock symbol upper right corner is the battery bar with wattage below them both in the center of the screen, below wattage in the bottom left corner is seconds puffed , ohms across in the bottom right corner, puff counter in the very bottom left side with volts in the very bottom right corner. Your up and down buttons are below the display screen and your type-c charge port in below them at the very bottom.

20210123_091108.jpg

The Kroma Z comes in some very attractive colors and has different textures depending on color choice, some have a type of rubberized textured feel to them and some have a leather backing to them such as the green two-toned one I have with the leather spine, either way or color choice look very nice.

20210123_084616.jpg

I was lucky enough to have the optional 510 adaptor sent also and I have to say it works very well reading my build of 0.75Ω in a tank that I installed on it accurately as well as vaping just fine and having a almost seamless look when attached. Whatever you attach size wise it can accept a 26mm Tank or RDA with no overhang, shown with a 22mm Tank attached.

20210123_123413.jpg

There really is no menu to speak of just a couple button combinations that I'll list below

* On/off - 3 presses of the firebar
    * Firebar and up button held together gives the option to clear the puff counter
    * Firebar and down button held together locks wattage adjustment but can still be vaped
    * Up and down button held together gives you vape time cutoff and screen timeout settings

FINAL THOUGHTS

Well folks in wrapping up this review I have to say that what I hoped for out of the Kroma Z came true as the device functioned as intended with no hiccups or problems arising. Both coils were read correctly and vaped very well with good flavor and vapor production. I really like the way the Kroma Z uses the MTL coil ring to give a very nice tight MTL vape with a acceptable throat hit.

Using in RDL mode with the 0.3Ω coil also proved enjoyable with good flavor and vapor. I have to say I was worried the 510 adapter would suffer a little bit of voltage sag but that was not the case every build put on read the coil correctly except 1 that was off 0.1 tenth of a ohm so in my eyes the 510 adapter is a solid addition to this AIO.

Having a firebar makes your vaping experience so effortless and when they work well as the Kroma Z's work you don't even need to look at the device because the ergonomic feel is so good, your hand just cradles it and it works in any position.

When I first laid eyes on it back a few months ago I wanted it and almost bought it but thought when will I be able to use it being a reviewer with so many devices,tanks, drippers coming across my desk I put it on the back burner and kind of forgot about it until seeing a contest that Innokin was holding so I entered it and as luck would have it I won.

I think the Kroma Z AIO is a very good device for someone just starting their vaping journey as well as a seasoned vaper, it works and it works well. I would like to thank Timmy and Innokin for the contest in which I was the lucky winner. I hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Kroma Z .

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread