Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks and welcome back for today's review of the MVP Pod System from Innokin. The MVP name from Innokin represents toughness and quality in the past devices that were in the MVP lineup but Innokin decided to add a pod styled device to the MVP lineup which is a big departure from past MVP devices. Does the new MVP Pod System deserve to be included in the MVP line, that's what we will find out.

COLOR CHOICES

mvp-pod-colours.jpg

• Pink Fade
    • Liquid Amber
    • Stealth Black
    • Ocean Waves
    • Space Grey
    • Blue Fade

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

20211128_115218.jpg

FEATURES

• Size: 107x22x13mm
    • Output: 2 power levels – 11W or 12.5W
    • Battery: 500mAh (internal)
    • Display: LED indicator
    • Resistance limits: 0.4-3.5ohm
    • E-liquid capacity: 2.7ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)
    • USB Type C Charging – 0.65A charge rate
    • Pods: Refillable, fixed coil
    • Coils: 0.65ohm
    • Auto draw or button activation
    • Side refill port

PARAMETERS

* Product name: Innokin MVP Pod Kit
    * Size: 107.88 × 22.66 13.38 mm
    * Battery capacity: Internal 500 mAh
    * Pod capacity: 2 ml
    * Resistance range: 0.4 ohm — 3.5 ohm
    * Charging port: USB Type-C
    * Charging current: 650 mA / DC 5.0V
    * Coil material: KAL
    * Cut off time: 10 seconds
    * Max. Output currency: 7.0A

SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE

1--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

MVP QUALITY

2--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

GREAT COLOR CHOICES

4--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

LIGHTWEIGHT AND THIN

3--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

TYPE-C CHARGE PORT

8--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

DUAL ACTIVATION - BUTTON PRESS OR AUTO-DRAW

mvp-pod-firing.jpg

2.7ML CLEAR POD WITH SIDE FILL

mvp-pod-filling.jpg

2 POWER OUTPUTS - 11W OR 12.5W

mvp-pod-output.jpg

OPTIMIZED AIRFLOW

5--innokin-mvp-pod-kit-starter-device.jpg

MY IMPRESSIONS

As you saw earlier Innokin sent me 2 devices for testing, the Stealth Black and the Liquid Amber colors, Black is just that Black, but this Black is done in a nice matt finish with the fire button having a bit of a sheen to it that looks nice, the sides and bottom are done in a nice dark grey tone that pulls the 2 colors together nicely. Looking at the device it looks like the run of the mill pod system until you pull the pod out, remember this is a 2.7ml pod and it fits deeply into the device. Strong magnet are used to secure the pod to the device.

20211202_130205.jpg

The Liquid Amber color is a multi-colored device that reminds me of the beach on a tropical island, I normally don't like patterns like this but Innokin did a nice job on it, I find myself grabbing for it more than the Black colored one which surprises me. On the sides and bottom as well as the black outline fire button is silver colored. Branding is on both side of the devices with MVP on one side and Innokin on the other.

20211128_140421.jpg

20211128_133043.jpg

One of the best features of the MVP Pod System is the huge 2.7ml side filled pod that fits inside the MVP device, it's deeply recessed cavity allows the pod itself to look like a normal 2ml pod, but there's a large addition of juice capacity deeper inside. The juice fill port hole is large with a rubber plug that is easily rotated out of the way when filling, and being clear you are able to view juice levels very easily.

20211128_120928.jpg

20211128_135808.jpg

When you receive your MVP Pod System you will have to remove a protective sticker covering the pod contacts before using, notice how deep the pod sits inside the device. One thing I want to note is that I have never been able to vape through a entire pod of juice before the battery became depleted, I averaged about 6.5 hours of vape time on a single charge and I think that shows the device is a juice sipper and not a guzzler.

20211128_123530.jpg

Having a 500mAh internal battery means your not going to get a full day on a single charge, because the MVP is a simple device with no display screen or puff counter there's no way to tell how many vapes you will get , my average vape time was 6.5 hours before needing to be recharged, it takes about 1 hour to fully charged using the TYPE-C charge port located on the side of the device. Battery mAh is printed on the bottom of the pod device.

20211128_130736.jpg

20211128_123225.jpg

Airflow is feed to the pod through 2 tiny holes located on each side of the device, with the MVP Pod being a dual activate device you have the choice of button fire or auto-draw and I'm pleased to tell you that the auto-draw works great. I would say the draw on the device is a semi loose one, if you want a tighter draw you can use the old trick of blocking 1 of the air flow holes with a small piece of scotch tape although not much of a difference is felt.

20211128_123349.jpg

The MVP Pod offers 2 power settings, 11w and 12.5 w. There is a difference between the 2 settings but it's very small, I like a warmish vape so most of the testing was done on the higher 12.5 w setting. Turning the device on/off is done by pressing the fire button 3 times quickly which will light the outside of the fire button green 11w, to change to the red color 12.5w simply press the fire button 2 times quickly.

mvp-pod-output.jpg

The MVP Pod's battery meter is done in 2 colors with no mid range color that seems weird to me, fully charged the battery color is green and at 90% or less the battery meter color is red until at 10-50% then the red light stays lit for 2 seconds after being vaped, when the battery is under 10% the red light flashes twice, this can definitely be improved upon. Vaping while charging is possible with the MVP Pod.

Both activation modes work fine with the button being very responsive, I like how Innokin made the fire button slightly recessed into the device, it makes it easy to find by just feeling for it with no need to visually look for it.

The auto-draw on some devices are mediocre at best but the MVP's auto-draw works great, not once in the 2 weeks of testing has it failed to fire, great job Innokin.

Flavor from the pods is very good with no break in time needed. One thing to mention, when vaping the device in either auto-draw or manual button press mode a light hum or buzz can be heard coming from both devices.

PROS

* Thin

* Lightweight

* Very Good Flavor

* Clear 2.7ml Pod

* Auto-Draw Works Great

* Very Good Battery Life For 500mAh

* No Leaking

* Vape While Charging

* Attractive Color Choices

* Plenty Of Vapor

* Smooth Airflow

* Large Fill Port

* Mess Free Filling

* Side Fill

CONS

* Weird Battery Meter

* Hum Or Buzz When Vaping

* No Airflow Selection

* Can't Disable The Fire Button For Auto-Draw Only

WISH LIST

* Larger Battery

* Airflow Selector

* Replaceable Coils Instead Of Pods

* Ability To Disable The Fire Button

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

In the time of testing both devices never once did either of them fail to fire using either activation mode, I'm a button guy but I found myself using the auto-draw more because it works so well.

I think the Pods give very good flavor without needing a break in period. Being as thin and light weight as the MVP is it sometimes can get lost in a deep coat pocket with winter upon us now.

I love the finish of the devices as well as the color choices offered. I'm so glad the Innokin went with a clear Pod instead of tinting it so 1/3 of your juice can be seen without needing to pull the pod out for viewing. With This pod being 2.7ml and the battery being 500mAh I have not been able to vape a pod dry on a single charge and that shows that the pod is not very thirsty but more of a sipper saving on juice consumption.

If a MVP 2 Pod System is ever released and the cons and wishes in my list were addressed we might have a perfect Pod System finally.

When both of these arrived I took them to work as I do with all review products and on the 2nd day of testing my personal Pod System for work when indoors died so all I was left with was my Mod and RTA for outside and the 2 MVP Pod Systems. Over the next couple of weeks I found myself picking up the MVP more than my usual setup, the MVP is now my work Pod System and I won't be buying another of the one that died.

I would like to thank Anna and Innokin for providing both MVP Pod Systems for the purpose of this review, I would also like to thank my loyal viewers of my reviews and hope that all your questions were answered and addressed in my review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob. These are one of the better ones I’ve tried.
    Yes they are, the one pod system that we both reviewed and I loved but for you didn't hit the high note died just as these arrived, the one that you reviewed and sent me is also SIX FEET UNDER so these came at the right time and place was a nice occurrence with the fact that they perform nicely.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes they are, the one pod system that we both reviewed and I loved but for you didn't hit the high note died just as these arrived, the one that you reviewed and sent me is also SIX FEET UNDER so these came at the right time and place was a nice occurrence with the fact that they perform nicely.

You must use pods harder than I do. I’m still running the original Xros at work that we reviewed a long time ago.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review Bob. I agree about your cons. If those can be added to a next addition, it sounds like the perfect pod for new vapers that want to give up smoking. Can't help but wonder how long a pod lasts though. Have you perhaps tested that?
    I'm going on about 2 weeks of use and it's time for a new pod, the first 5 days of use the flavor was really good but each day that followed it would diminish a bit. I would say 12 days are the max and then the flavor just stops but I have never had a burnt or dry hit from either of them.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Great review Bob - I was lucky enough to win an MVP and it's on its way to me (thanks Innokin_timmy). I can't wait to give it a try. Juul has worked well keeping me off cigarettes for the past three years - which is huge for this 45+ year, PAD smoker, but they are expensive compared to a refillable pod system. I'll report back with a comparison once I have the MVP. I plan to use extracted tobacco nic salt juice that I got from Black Note and see if it mimics the cigarette experience as well as Juul does.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob - I was lucky enough to win an MVP and it's on its way to me (thanks Innokin_timmy). I can't wait to give it a try. Juul has worked well keeping me off cigarettes for the past three years - which is huge for this 45+ year, PAD smoker, but they are expensive compared to a refillable pod system. I'll report back with a comparison once I have the MVP. I plan to use extracted tobacco nic salt juice that I got from Black Note and see if it mimics the cigarette experience as well as Juul does.
    Congrats on your victory over tobacco and your win of the MVP, my success over the cigarettes happened 7 years ago. I think that you will be very happy with the MVP and your juice consumption should be less when using it.

• Love
    Reactions: Innokin_timmy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread