Interesting statistics in this…

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Interesting stats, and also interesting to see that more advanced vaping devices and equipment are now being counted.
Just wondering tho..........Am I considered 'trendy' with my evods and protanks, or are these "so yesterday".........:laugh:

I still think your evods and protanks are trendy ;-) if that makes you feel better :laugh:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
From the article posted by the OP: (None of the current technologies "are the perfect delivery system but people that want a cheaper and more socially acceptable way of smoking will try what's out there until something sticks," Morningstar analyst Philip Gorham said.

"I am confident that e-cigs have a future and will likely get bigger," he said. ""What I don't know is which technology will win out.")

The market analyst doesnt know what technology will win out, but right in the article cigalikes sales are on the decline. (That should be what you call a tip, to him.) Perhaps this market analyst should stick to analyzing bumper stickers? Either that or Phillip Gorham market analyst is a leprechaun who is counting on the FDA to stomp out anything un cigalike. CAASA should keep that quip for court. It sounds premeditated. Morningstar is in the global information business. There is no possible way Philip Gorman can be an utter imbecile. He knows tanks are the tech thats winning, why then would he not know what technology is winning out? He knows alright what the consumers are preferring. Because of this, recently, Vapor Corp (VPCO) and Victory Electronic (Fin Brand, etc.) stock symbol-(ECIG) stock prices are on the decline. <<< cigalike vendors mostly, although, Vapor Corp sports some clearos with its acquisition of IVG just recently, and Victory under its FIN brand sports a few too.

All this is followed up by a quip that BT isnt going into tanks until "after the technology is more developed." That is flat out false, by the misplacement of fact. (More courtroom fodder.) Tank technology has surpassed and atrophied cartomizer technology. It's not even close. And the writer of the article apparently got this from BT. Tanks equal competition and less cash, cartomizers = big cash. (Cigalike disposable cartomizer technology is for practical purposes obsolete, non-disposable refillable cartomizers: Boge, Bauway etc has some limited market share potential, as well as tank cartos.)

With NJOY rolling out a new tank system this August, if the FDA had waited one year longer- they would have lost. Utterly. They would have been facing an avalanche of consumer preferences.

And what is RJ Reynolds doing? Continuing the rolling out of VUSE. Big companies use sophisticated marketing models based upon consumer preferences prior to marketing. You dont keep rolling out a model T, when the competition sports Cadillac sales. They have to be counting on a Vape FDA marathon. Prior actions = Prior knowledge = conspiracy theories will abound, if people will watch, what they just did. This is news - the bad news at that.

The other stuff is great news for vapers. The FDA now has to seek prohibition of the consumers' preference, instead of prohibition of a smaller market segment. <<< IMO this is a biggie. I knew tanks winning out would be coming, but I thought it would take a few years longer. What it means is places like ECF, other forums and local B&M's have produced lots of educated people. Tank technology has won both: 1) Consumer preference and by doing so: 2) are proving one time usable cigalike cartomizers are obsolete. It probably also means, people will never give up, despite what the FDA does. For the FDA, educated people = the writing is now on the wall.

ehhh baby its going to be gonkers. Vapaggedon.

There really is a lot in this short article by Reuters. It establishes placement of facts right prior to law. Its like a BT bank heist, they got there hand in the cash drawer before the law makes it seasonable.

I'll make a prediction Kent, if Vapeggedon happens-and I think it will, the first thing they ban is mods.(One of the reasons, its because they need too big of a strainer to go after tanks right away. If they ban mods they will need a smaller jack to get rid of the tanks they dont want.) Probably in November or so.

I got one of them copper penny mods from Focalecig. Dang thats a good mod, the button is super spring loaded so it works good-better than the 49.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Morningstar is in the global information business. There is no possible way Philip Gorman can be an utter imbecile. He knows tanks are the tech thats winning, why then would he not know what technology is winning out? He knows alright what the consumers are preferring. Because of this, recently, Vapor Corp (VPCO) and Victory Electronic (Fin Brand, etc.) stock symbol-(ECIG) stock prices are on the decline. <<< cigalike vendors mostly, although, Vapor Corp sports some clearos with its acquisition of IVG just recently, and Victory under its FIN brand sports a few too.

I'll make a prediction Kent, if Vapeggedon happens-and I think it will, the first thing they ban is mods.(One of the reasons, its because they need too big of a strainer to go after tanks right away. If they ban mods they will need a smaller jack to get rid of the tanks they dont want.) Probably in November or so.

I got one of them copper penny mods from Focalecig. Dang thats a good mod, the button is super spring loaded so it works good-better than the 49.

Interesting :)

I'm not so sure on the first part here. I'm seeing someone today - total newbie, won't buy on internet, etc. and I thought I'd set her up with Joye eGos and Kanger T3S's. Two days later, 'They're not working'. I had her check the 'obvious stuff' and that didn't help. I'm thinking maybe she needed cigalikes first :) This isn't an exact analogy by any means but there was a time when Volkswagen Beatles had a pretty good market, despite, some would say, much better cars with 'advanced technology', design, etc.

Time spent early on in the New members forum (pretty sure this has changed now) saw almost everyone wanting something that looked like and tasted like what they were smoking. And while people who seek out this forum are special, imo, there are many who don't and that 'untapped smoking market' is quite large. How many of those will be 'special' enough to seek out more information is an unknown but enough surveys would probably tell a lot.

And it doesn't take long for smokers going to cigalikes to find that 'look and taste like' aren't the best attributes for handling their nicotine habit. :) So, most will eventually find the gen 2 and 3 setups and most will never return to cigalikes, but again, because there are so many better options now, for those who know, doesn't necessarily mean that the cigalike market is dead. One thing - the swiftness of communication these days will shorten the education process and at some point, that 'untapped smoking market' will decrease and at that point, so will the cigalike market, imo. I don't look at the fact that there's a safer way to get nicotine, is going to be a gateway, but history may have better odds than I suspect - since many people have taken up smoking over the ages - even in the face of the bad PR it has gotten.

On vapeggedon.... I've always thought that nic base would be the primary target, but as far as hardware goes, what you say makes some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread