The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Interesting, the Vulcan RDA.

Discussion in 'RDA' started by treehead, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. slyphex

slyphex Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    USA
    Eeeeeee! mine was in the mail.

Very impressed with the build construction. I don't think it's that big, but I love tanks so that's what I'm comparing to. A couple of sharp edges but nothing that you couldn't easy round off with an emery board. Very little to no burrs on the posts. It was so clean, also very impressed.

Easy as pie to build on, tastes great too. I am not a big dripper and my only other RDA was a Spirit, so I don't have a lot to compare to. I am running a pretty tame 1Ω dual coil setup.

Something to note, I don't believe the 510 connection is adjustable. If you unscrew it, you can pull the positive post out. I imagine if you need to back the screw out for your mod the post might work itself upwards and stop making contact during use.

Mine did not come with phillips screws either. I got a set each of brass knurled, SS knurled and SS hex.

I also don't think it will work that great with a single coil, since you can't easily close off one of the air holes so I feel that's a con.

Really I think if you're a casual dripper (like me) or new to dripping this is a great RDA, especially considering the price point. 3-piece, looks great, engraved, cleaned, high quality gaskets, this really is a $100+ atty.

2. treehead

treehead Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2014
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    Yeah makes plenty of sense :D, I was thinking the same thing. That V kinda "cutting" the airflow I bet makes some turbulence on the way in, and turbulence is great for making vapor. Like I said it probably "whips up" the air coming in so that it aggresively hits the juice being vaped, as opposed to a smooth stream of air just gently caressing the hot juice droplets. The magma kinda does the same thing because it's airflow is aimed straight upward towards the domed ceiling, really mixing the air with the burning juice. Awesome design :). I'd love to see a square airflow like this, with a grid pattern like the V, almost like a chain link fence over the hole, I bet there'd be a noticeable difference.

3. treehead

Feb 18, 2014
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    I love the CLT so much, as well as the magma. I only wish they made 26650 sized versions, then I'd be in absolute vape utopia :drool:. The 22mm's are still amazing though.

4. Cuando

Cuando Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm using duals, but everything about this dripper tells me it wants vertical coils, so I set up dual verticals.

Also, Ween f%$#@ng rules. Sad they are no more.

EDIT: Well said, treehead. A pineapple for you! :D I was on the hunt for a CLT and somehow ended up buying a Veritas clone. I am not a cloud chaser, but apparently I am a flavor hunter.

5. treehead

Feb 18, 2014
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    Yeah the magma truly is in a class of it's own, so is the Viking RDA. The Stillare is more for those that don't put flavor over Vapor amount I think, I'm a "chaser of the clouds" and to me flavor will always be there, I'm just looking for big vapor and big flavor as a plus. The Stillare is definitely a cooler vape, but I get denser, bigger clouds with it. The magma is really good at getting that direct flavor, but through a smaller amount of vapor, naturally though it all comes down to the stillares larger airflow and chamber, as opposed to the concentrated airflow/chamber of the magma.

6. treehead

Feb 18, 2014
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    I don't know, I don't own the Vulcan yet, but the Tobh is still my favorite. But like you said, it all comes down to what you like. I personally want the biggest vapor, and the biggest flavor possible as an extra benefit. (personally, I've found that with big airflow, big heat, and big vapor, COMES big flavor, that may be my taste buds though) And for that, the Tobh is designed to be a reduced chambered steam machine. I can tell from the pictures that this chamber is bigger, the airflow is smaller, however the airflow is in a spot where it can be placed in front of the coils easier. So that tells me, it could have a better more condensed flavor than the Tobh, but can't compare in big vapor, which is what I'm all about (yeah I'm a silly cloud chaser). I really like being able to basically have a pool of juice right below my super sub-ohm coils, with the really deep drip well the Tobh has, a super tiny conical chamber, and massive airflow to turn that little kiln into a steam engine. I still want the Vulcan, but I'm not expecting it to be miles better than the Tobh. Maybe a little bit better, or even just a different type of vape, but I can't see how it'd blow it out of the water. However, I'll just have to wait and see, I can't judge it unless I've tried it. :D

7. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    And just how did you go about getting that 25% off?

8. snow blind

snow blind Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    Yeah... share puh' lease! I'd gladly pick one up at that price.

9. 0dBu

0dBu Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Picked one up today, and I have to say I love it. The draw is a tad tight but I'm getting good vapor and the flavor is amazing. The build quality is solid and it doesn't get super hot. The only thing that is really a minor annoyance is that it doesn't sit all the way flush on my mod. Right now I got it set up with a single micro coil with 22 gauge kanthal. uploadfromtaptalk1406094372221.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406094378578.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406094385129.jpg

10. treehead

Feb 18, 2014
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    Hey 0dBu just letting you know, the 510 pin is adjustable in case you didn't now, at least that's what one site I looked at told me. Maybe that could fix your gap :/. Honestly the heat sinks make it look perfectly fine though lol, it looks like the gap is perfectly the same size as the heat sinks gaps, that's actually pretty sweet! That way your mod will NEVER get hot, even during cloud competitions.

~Anybody drill there's out yet? I'm dying to see how that changes things.

11. dinggus

dinggus Full Member

Jun 12, 2014
    USA
    My buddy is looking at knocking the V out to get more air flow. But, also wondering if anyone has done any modifications to this RDA.

12. HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I found these pics on Instagram of someone who knocked the V out. Thought id share them if anyone is interested. No this isnt mine, just gives an idea of the look. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Totally kills the look of the atty imo. I'm sure it performs well but that modification really takes a lot away from the refinement.

14. 0dBu

0dBu Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    My buddy at my local shop refuses to drill mine out. For what it's worth, I got a super wide bore friction fit delrin drip tip and it helped out the airflow immensely. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Skenzer

Skenzer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    West MI
    Did the same here. Got one from Cherry Vapes. I also got a couple of adjustable drip tips as well from FT

16. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    What tip is that? Doesn't look like the Cherry Vapes one as yours is not tapered.

17. 0dBu

0dBu Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    To be honest I have no idea, I got it from my local b&m.

18. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Ok, thanks man! Nice looking tip. Hope I can find one or more like that some day.

19. 0dBu

0dBu Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    All I can find online is the Cherry Vapes one and the Vaptasia one which looks like mine but has a SS or copper sleve around it, it's also twice the price. This is my local shop, give them a call, they'd probably mail you one.

https://m.facebook.com/metroplexvapor?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&_rdr

20. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.