Status
Not open for further replies.

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
Eeeeeee! mine was in the mail.

Very impressed with the build construction. I don't think it's that big, but I love tanks so that's what I'm comparing to. A couple of sharp edges but nothing that you couldn't easy round off with an emery board. Very little to no burrs on the posts. It was so clean, also very impressed.

Easy as pie to build on, tastes great too. I am not a big dripper and my only other rda was a Spirit, so I don't have a lot to compare to. I am running a pretty tame 1Ω dual coil setup.

Something to note, I don't believe the 510 connection is adjustable. If you unscrew it, you can pull the positive post out. I imagine if you need to back the screw out for your mod the post might work itself upwards and stop making contact during use.

Mine did not come with phillips screws either. I got a set each of brass knurled, SS knurled and SS hex.

I also don't think it will work that great with a single coil, since you can't easily close off one of the air holes so I feel that's a con.

Really I think if you're a casual dripper (like me) or new to dripping this is a great rda, especially considering the price point. 3-piece, looks great, engraved, cleaned, high quality gaskets, this really is a $100+ atty.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I have noticed the Vulcan gives a particular quality of vape I don't get from other drippers. I believe it has to do with that 'V' airhole design as much as how close I have my coils to them. Seems to be more dispersed, and reminds me a lot of the quality of vape I get off the Magma, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Still haven't set it up with verts but will do so soon, I'm sure.

Yeah makes plenty of sense :D, I was thinking the same thing. That V kinda "cutting" the airflow I bet makes some turbulence on the way in, and turbulence is great for making vapor. Like I said it probably "whips up" the air coming in so that it aggresively hits the juice being vaped, as opposed to a smooth stream of air just gently caressing the hot juice droplets. The magma kinda does the same thing because it's airflow is aimed straight upward towards the domed ceiling, really mixing the air with the burning juice. Awesome design :). I'd love to see a square airflow like this, with a grid pattern like the V, almost like a chain link fence over the hole, I bet there'd be a noticeable difference.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Been using my Vulcan for the past three days now. I have a .5 ohm dc build in it mounted on a 4nine mod dripping through a Cherry Vapes Cloud Chaser driptip. The bottom heat fins really keep the 4nine from heating up. Produces a wonderful flavor and good clouds. Super easy to build on.
Between my magma, CLT, and the vulcan I have no need for another dripper. Well, we'll see what comes out next.

I love the CLT so much, as well as the magma. I only wish they made 26650 sized versions, then I'd be in absolute vape utopia :drool:. The 22mm's are still amazing though.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Just got one also... Vapor Venue... $55 plus 25% off...

I think it's top notch... but I need some advice for a single coil set up - mine dries out pretty quickly and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the height of my coil... more or less cotton? anyone have a home run set up in theirs that can share?

I'm using duals, but everything about this dripper tells me it wants vertical coils, so I set up dual verticals.

Also, Ween f%$#@ng rules. Sad they are no more.

EDIT: Well said, treehead. A pineapple for you! :D I was on the hunt for a CLT and somehow ended up buying a Veritas clone. I am not a cloud chaser, but apparently I am a flavor hunter.

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Really I'm not all that impressed with the Stillaire. Maybe it just because it's so new and I haven't gotten used to it yet. I love my Magma. Everything is having a hard time living up to it.

Yeah the magma truly is in a class of it's own, so is the Viking RDA. The Stillare is more for those that don't put flavor over Vapor amount I think, I'm a "chaser of the clouds" and to me flavor will always be there, I'm just looking for big vapor and big flavor as a plus. The Stillare is definitely a cooler vape, but I get denser, bigger clouds with it. The magma is really good at getting that direct flavor, but through a smaller amount of vapor, naturally though it all comes down to the stillares larger airflow and chamber, as opposed to the concentrated airflow/chamber of the magma.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I actually hate my tobh, had 2 sold one, will be selling the other as well. And the sleeve from the tobh fits the vulcan, or so im told, for people who want more air flow. Its 60$ shipped, against the tobh yes I can see how the air flow control is appealing especially for the price I agree there, but up against other rda's that have close to nothing innovative except air flow control I think its a waste of 100 plus dollars compared to 60$ and only missing adjustable air flow. Just opinion though.

I don't know, I don't own the Vulcan yet, but the Tobh is still my favorite. But like you said, it all comes down to what you like. I personally want the biggest vapor, and the biggest flavor possible as an extra benefit. (personally, I've found that with big airflow, big heat, and big vapor, COMES big flavor, that may be my taste buds though) And for that, the Tobh is designed to be a reduced chambered steam machine. I can tell from the pictures that this chamber is bigger, the airflow is smaller, however the airflow is in a spot where it can be placed in front of the coils easier. So that tells me, it could have a better more condensed flavor than the Tobh, but can't compare in big vapor, which is what I'm all about (yeah I'm a silly cloud chaser). I really like being able to basically have a pool of juice right below my super sub-ohm coils, with the really deep drip well the Tobh has, a super tiny conical chamber, and massive airflow to turn that little kiln into a steam engine. I still want the Vulcan, but I'm not expecting it to be miles better than the Tobh. Maybe a little bit better, or even just a different type of vape, but I can't see how it'd blow it out of the water. However, I'll just have to wait and see, I can't judge it unless I've tried it. :D

0dBu

Jul 18, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Picked one up today, and I have to say I love it. The draw is a tad tight but I'm getting good vapor and the flavor is amazing. The build quality is solid and it doesn't get super hot. The only thing that is really a minor annoyance is that it doesn't sit all the way flush on my mod. Right now I got it set up with a single micro coil with 22 gauge kanthal. uploadfromtaptalk1406094372221.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406094378578.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406094385129.jpg

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey 0dBu just letting you know, the 510 pin is adjustable in case you didn't now, at least that's what one site I looked at told me. Maybe that could fix your gap :/. Honestly the heat sinks make it look perfectly fine though lol, it looks like the gap is perfectly the same size as the heat sinks gaps, that's actually pretty sweet! That way your mod will NEVER get hot, even during cloud competitions.

~Anybody drill there's out yet? I'm dying to see how that changes things.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I found these pics on Instagram of someone who knocked the V out. Thought id share them if anyone is interested. No this isnt mine, just gives an idea of the look.

Totally kills the look of the atty imo. I'm sure it performs well but that modification really takes a lot away from the refinement.

0dBu

Jul 18, 2014
Fort Worth, TX

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread