RDA Interesting, the Vulcan RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked one of these up today. mine is a clone but I did check it against a genuine and their was no difference.
With that being said I really disliked the "V" air flow. I do like the cut out design of it and didn't want to change it. So I drilled a 1/4 inch (or slightly smaller) on each side, just above the box with the "Vulcan" near the "V".
Air flow now is supreme. Im running dual micro coils with 26 guage kenthal,putting down 0.3 ohms. I am also using a massive widebore drip tip, thats almost the same radius as the mod itself.
I have to say I love this rda and the heat sinks, they really do prevent my battery from heating up.

Last edited:

HangGlide

Jan 10, 2015
WA
I had mine for a week and loved it - Best flavor I've ever had, of course I haven't owned many RDAs. However, my mod with Vulcan, rolled off of a 30" high desktop onto a linoleum floor and stripped the threads outs. I heard of a trick to use aluminum foil - I had my doubts but it worked. Folded foil in half, cut a strip, wrapped around threads twice, screwed into mod and seems pretty stable - for now.

Does anybody know how threads are made on RDAs, or even mods for that matter - such as 510 (7mm x .5), are they Class 1, 2, or 3 (loose, med, tight) threads ? I'm thinking Class 1 loose fit. I wish the industry would go to something like ProVari's "P3" connector to make these more robust.

senseone760

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
MFrTtr2.jpg

Hey guys I just found this, probably the only RDA I've never seen, it was hiding under a hidden rock in the internet. It's called the Vulcan, and it's made by a "Japanese CNC Perfectionist Producer" that also makes the Igo-W5?

This kinda threw me for a loop because I thought Youde made all Igo's, that and the Vulcan looks super high quality, not that the IGO's don't (I love my W2), but it definitely doesn't look like a Youde product. Nothing completely out of the ordinary here, it's just a neat design, and well made with heat sinks on both top and bottom, as well as machined negative posts, and a unique cut-out drip well to "maximize space".

Just though it'd be worth mentioning, it looks alot like my favorite Tobh Atty, but with extra heat-sinks between your mod and atty, which is nice for someone who "pushes the limits" alot. Pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is the airflow cut out of the "V" in the logo, which I actually think is pretty cool, but don't like it functionally. Although for $60, which is darn fair for the quality of it's looks, I'm tempted to have an "ulcan" and drill out that airflow into a nice square!

Check it out!

VULCAN RDA | Vapour Life Style (VLS)
I got this RDA about 16 months ago for under $20 bucks. Since then I've bought at least a dozen RDA's from Plume Veil, TOBH, Doge, Freakshow, UD, and Patriots...in that time many atomizers have gone the way of cotton in a medicine container. The Vulcan however, has never left my "Table-O-Vape". First off, THUMB SCREWS: I mean thank GOD for thumb screws. Then the well is deeper than a Coldplay song. Tons of room for wicking or some extra juice. If you have leakage, turn the piece upside down and make it a "MULCAN". It will effect airflow but not if you build for it. Also, any store will use their drill press for you and easily turn the V which is the air inlet into a hole, maybe even add an extra hole? I've also used a black plastic TOBH clone, just the middle piece that has 3 air holes on each side, and it fits like a 1:1...doesn't look as good but WOW. I took a screw driver and just made the V air hole bigger.
Just putting it out there for anyone: there are no Authentic or Clones of this RDA. They are ALL the same. 101vape or fastech has em for under 20 bucks, a B&M tries to sell em for $60 in SoCal. Bottom line is this is an incredibly strong, well built solid RDA. In SS or Black, this is the car that has 700,000 miles on it and still runs. Plus, I've dropped it countless times with no damage and could break a window with the thing. (Not advised).

Sorry, just had to put it out there, even if this thread is a decade old. I don't know.

senseone760

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
Lol, it looks like the top cap says Mulcan to me. I like the negative post design for some reason, nice sized drip well too. However I do find it interesting and possibly a bad thing that the same person designed the IGO-W5 which I own and use just the deck of because the original top cap came with the holes drilled crooked and my OCD couldn't handle it. The deck is nice though, I actually swapped out some O-rings and it now fits an RSST top cap.

But yeah, for $60...that "Mulcan" looks pretty slick.
It actually DOES say Vulcan and not Mulcan. I have two of these, they run $14.99 in San Diego..I have one that is stock so to speak and then I have one where I had a shop use a drill press and punch a hole in the "V" part. It does add a bit, but it's not that noticeable. And the Vulcan base fits with any TOBH RDA too, be it the stainless steel/copper, or the black plastic one. But I DID try to say it was Mulcan but apparently I was incorrect. Great RDA though and for $14.99, perfect. I have never in my life seen this RDA for over $24.99.
And there are no clones or authentics of The Vulcan. It's just what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread