Interface lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevowns

Sep 16, 2011
US
So I've had my provari for about 3 weeks now and I was wondering if anybody else had some "lag" issues. I would go into Pu/Pd mode to change my voltage and sometimes it wouldn't register a click, and sometimes it would roll over .2 with just 1 click. It's a little bit annoying when I have to get out of the interface and reclick 5 times to do it again. Is anyone else having this issue?

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
Hmm, Im pretty sure the provari uses an Attiny micro-controller (MCU). They probably hard coded a 50ms or so debounce time on the button. Sometimes this can cause the MCU to miss button presses. The button doesnt actually handle any current, it just sends a 1 or a zero to the MCU, which you look for in an "if" statement, ie:

if (provari_button == HIGH)
{
send the signal to the transistor to turn the power on.;
}

The problem is, switches are noisy, so when you press the button, its not just a clean ON or OFF it changes between the two rapidly until it settles down. So the trick, when you first see the button state change, ignore it for 50ms then come back and look again, if it is still in the same state, do what you wanted to do, if not ignore it until the loop comes back around.

Im actually wondering why they didn't use the interrupt pin... Unless they are and if that's the case, I have no Idea what your problem is. lol

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I've had the same experience with the interface on both of my Provari's.

I found that after a few days I just fell into a rhythm of pressing the button and it rarely doesn't register. I was pressing it a bit too fast at first. My problem was pressing it too fast and then adding another click because the menu hadn't come up and it would roll past the PU to the --.

Stevowns

Sep 16, 2011
US
I've had the same experience with the interface on both of my Provari's.

I found that after a few days I just fell into a rhythm of pressing the button and it rarely doesn't register. I was pressing it a bit too fast at first. My problem was pressing it too fast and then adding another click because the menu hadn't come up and it would roll past the PU to the --.

Yeah, and when i'm changing the voltage, from lets say 4.0-4.1, it would skip to 4.2 sometimes. This is my only grip with the provari :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread