Intermittent button and intermittent hits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandas11

Feb 26, 2019
Hello, I am really hoping someone can help me!

I have had a Kangertech top box mini for around 2 and a half years now. I use the same liquid every time. I regularly charge the battery. I replace the coils and cotton myself. And I do everything else to maintain it.

However, all of a sudden the button is working intermittently and I find that sometimes if I push the button harder it will work, other times there is no need to push very hard at all. Not only this, but the hits I am getting vary from strong flavoursome hits, to weak, dry and burning hits. With the latter being the most frequent. In an effort to sort it out, I have changed the coil 4 times now, in exactly the same way as I always have and I am still having problems.

I use the tc setting and have it on 17.5 at all times. I use 0.5ohms coils.

Any advice as to why my vape has all of a sudden packed in would be greatly appreciated as it’s driving me mad!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm afraid you're right. Two and a half years on that is pretty good life. If the button is failing, especially if it's sticking, it's time for a new box. Given the cost of mods these days, and given the unlikelihood you can source a new button, repairs seem unlikely. Given the varying hit strength it might also be the board itself which the button contact sits on. Either way I'd start reading some threads about newer box mods and how they perform.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Pandas11. Welcome to the ECF.

You guys had a Good Run together. And I'm sure there is Much to reminisce about. But it Sounds like it is time to Retire your Top Box mini.

Maybe you could relegate a Nice spot on a Sunny Shelf for your Top Box so He/She can live out its remaining days in comfort.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Any advice as to why my vape has all of a sudden packed in would be greatly appreciated as it’s driving me mad!
Welcome and glad you joined.
If the button is encrusted with old e liquid internally, could take a cue tip and flood isopropyl alcohol around* button tip. Let thoroughly dry (could use a hair dryer to speed up drying process). Sounds like you have nothing to lose.
*Better still, if you can take apart and get a look at the printed circuit assembly, observation may point out the problem.

Pandas11

Feb 26, 2019
Thanks everyone for the advice. I must admit some of the comments have made me chuckle. I will be holding the funeral tonight and have reserved a nice patch in my garden to lay her to rest.

Meanwhile, I have gone and ordered the exact same vape. It worked for me brilliantly for such a long time and I would rather not venture into unknown lands as I don’t really know too much about the ins and outs of all the different mods etc. Although now I am signed up to ecf I’m sure that will change

Cheers!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks everyone for the advice. I must admit some of the comments have made me chuckle. I will be holding the funeral tonight and have reserved a nice patch in my garden to lay her to rest.
Meanwhile, I have gone and ordered the exact same vape. It worked for me brilliantly for such a long time and I would rather not venture into unknown lands as I don’t really know too much about the ins and outs of all the different mods etc. Although now I am signed up to ecf I’m sure that will change
Cheers!
Nice reply but most won't see it. Responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

Pandas11

Feb 26, 2019
I'm afraid you're right. Two and a half years on that is pretty good life. If the button is failing, especially if it's sticking, it's time for a new box. Given the cost of mods these days, and given the unlikelihood you can source a new button, repairs seem unlikely. Given the varying hit strength it might also be the board itself which the button contact sits on. Either way I'd start reading some threads about newer box mods and how they perform.
So I’ve boight the exact same vape and it doesn’t seem to be working the same way.

I am using the wattage setting at 17.5 as usual and not hitting the back of my throat. I am using the same liquid and even put the same rba from the old vape in. Still no hit. Clouds are good enough but I’m not getting the satisfaction I am used to. Any advice on why this could be?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So I’ve boight the exact same vape and it doesn’t seem to be working the same way.

I am using the wattage setting at 17.5 as usual and not hitting the back of my throat. I am using the same liquid and even put the same rba from the old vape in. Still no hit. Clouds are good enough but I’m not getting the satisfaction I am used to. Any advice on why this could be?

Either the old mod wasn't delivering the wattage you entered (not unheard of and add in aging and it's possible) or the new mod isn't delivering the same wattage. That doesn't mean anything is broken. Just play with the wattage to get the vape you like. There's no magic in a number like 17.5 all that matters is a setting that works well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread