• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

International Airplane Travel with your Vaping Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Back from Saipan now. As for bringing 18650 batteries onto the plane as carry-on, they seemed to have NO policy.

Most interesting although was the fact that upon returning to Korea, the 'Customs Declaration Form' one must fill out while on the aircraft states the usual amount of alcohol (did not apply to me), 200 pieces of cigarettes (not applicable to me), and a NEW Taxable item which simply says anything more than 20ml of Electronic Cigarette Liquid (with no mention of nicotine count), thus further adding to the unfair confusion about zero nicotine per bottle or possibly 18mg/ml per bottle of e-liquid which is commonly sold.

If you can read and understand Korean here is additional information regarding that matter. Or, Google translation may work with this link:

http://ecustoms.tistory.com/m/post/2686

So, knowing this information in advance, the 5 bottles of 12mg/ml nicotine fruit flavored 15ml bottles of 'Space Jam" E-Liquids I bought in Saipan, I simply emptied into individual small shampoo and body lotion containers provided by the Resort before returning back to Korea.

In any event, I wasn't checked, but had I been and the Customs Officials saw the e-liquid bottles, I would have been, no doubt, subject to a huge amount of tax. So ridiculous. Thus, as I said, you're permitted to bring into Korea 200 cigarettes, but not even 1 bottle of e-liquid over 20ml in size, regardless of the Nicotine count.

Unbelievable...

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Back from Saipan now. As for bringing 18650 batteries onto the plane as carry-on, they seemed to have NO policy.

Most interesting although was the fact that upon returning to Korea, the 'Customs Declaration Form' one must fill out while on the aircraft states the usual amount of alcohol (did not apply to me), 200 pieces of cigarettes (not applicable to me), and a NEW Taxable item which simply says anything more than 20ml of Electronic Cigarette Liquid (with no mention of nicotine count), thus further adding to the unfair confusion about zero nicotine per bottle or possibly 18mg/ml per bottle of E-Liquid which is commonly sold.

If you can read and understand Korean here is additional information regarding that matter. Or, Google translation may work with this link:

해외사이트 담배 구입, 자가사용으로 인ì.•ë˜ëŠ” 기준은? :: 관세ì². 블로그

So, knowing this information in advance, the 5 bottles of 12mg/ml nicotine fruit flavored 15ml bottles of 'Space Jam" E-Liquids I bought in Saipan, I simply emptied into individual small shampoo and body lotion containers provided by the Resort before returning back to Korea.

In any event, I wasn't checked, but had I been and the Customs Officials saw the E-Liquid bottles, I would have been, no doubt, subject to a huge amount of tax. So ridiculous. Thus, as I said, you're permitted to bring into Korea 200 cigarettes, but not even 1 bottle of E-Liquid over 20ml in size, regardless of the Nicotine count.

Unbelievable...

That's SO ridiculous! It seems that a high up tobacco loving korean official doesn't like the popularity ecigs are getting -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread