• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

International Airplane Travel with your Vaping Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
What a coincidence! I came to the forum just now to ask the same thing. Do tell what you find out please

I'm 100% sure that a certain someone knows from first hand experiences, but intentionally chooses NOT to post as his panties are still in a twist.

Oh well, I reached out with an olive branch, not much else I can do about these kind of people..

I'll let you know soon nwasiq... Don't worry ;)

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Ive done it plenty flying both us to another country and within other countries. Just brought it carry on no problems at all.

Thanks for that cmantis... It's people like you who make this forum informative and a pleasure to participate in.

Keep up the posts, please.. It's quite lonely in here ;)

Cheers and Happy New Years....

amax

Feb 18, 2013
US
The only issues I've had are in china where they made me move my batteries to from my suitcase to my hand luggage. Also in places like Singapore, ecigs are illegal (but I got through customs with no issues) and in Malaysia, eliquids containing nicotine are banned. I always carry a couple of small egos/cartos which I have a quick vape on in the toilet.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Since many rules vary by carrier and country; sharing the airline and destination(s) helps to provide a complete answer.

(Unless it's a secret mission, of course. :p)

Safe travels
I

I'm going to Saipan via Asian Airlines. Mostly I'm concerned with the batteries. Thesdays, as we know, they have been deemed explosive, so it's been a pain in the .... ordering them from abroad.

Most likely the airline would prefer the batteries within a pressurized surrounding, which means in the cabin! Often things in cargo (under the plane) blow up - such as my shaving cream cans, beer, etc.

In any event, I'm calling them tomorrow. And the answer they provide me I'm not gonna take as "official." My experience with what one person says may be the opposite of another. Even within the same company.

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
I'm going to Saipan via Asian Airlines. Mostly I'm concerned with the batteries. Thesdays, as we know, they have been deemed explosive, so it's been a pain in the .... ordering them from abroad.

Most likely the airline would prefer the batteries within a pressurized surrounding, which means in the cabin! Often things in cargo (under the plane) blow up - such as my shaving cream cans, beer, etc.

In any event, I'm calling them tomorrow. And the answer they provide me I'm not gonna take as "official." My experience with what one person says may be the opposite of another. Even within the same company.

well can you let us know what they say?

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
The only issues I've had are in china where they made me move my batteries to from my suitcase to my hand luggage. Also in places like Singapore, ecigs are illegal (but I got through customs with no issues) and in Malaysia, eliquids containing nicotine are banned. I always carry a couple of small egos/cartos which I have a quick vape on in the toilet.

Not sure about the Malaysian part, I shipped tons of eliquids with nicotine from the States and so far none of them confiscated by local customs since I moved here. Also local juice makers here openly sells them without any issue from authorities.

As for Singapore, so far no issues going through their customs ecig with liquid and I travel there at least once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread