Intro and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
hi,
I'm brand new to vaping (like I received my starter kit today) and someone recommended this site as a helpful guide. I've read a little and I'm trying to learn all the lingo. I'm excited to not smell like an ashtray anymore.
I'm trying to convert myself and my boyfriend to vaping instead of analogs. I'm happy to experiment with fruity or other flavors. He smokes menthol (kool or Newport) and wants a menthol juice. I ordered menthol moon drops (virgin vapors) and he doesn't like the flavor and doesn't want to mix it with anything else. So, can anyone that previously smoked menthol rec something he may like? Thanks!

Reactions: Chibisaurus

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Check out vape wild, they do good sample packs. My advice is try as many different flavors as you can, you may be surprised what you really like. They offer a flavor boost option that just increases flavor intensity. Most fruit flavors dont need that but some others do. I just got a sample pack from them including a coffee flavor that was pretty tasty but needed the boost, top of the morning. Other flavors I got were a pear, guava, buttery nuts, and something called jamaican me crazy. Fruits were very tasty but the others I would get again with flavor boost. Many ppl dont end up liking most tobacco flavors because they expect it to be like smoking and it just does not taste like that. Substitue with dark rich flavors like caramel, vanillan chocolate, coffee etc. Got to try them all, hehe

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Check out vape wild, they do good sample packs. My advice is try as many different flavors as you can, you may be surprised what you really like. They offer a flavor boost option that just increases flavor intensity. Most fruit flavors dont need that but some others do. I just got a sample pack from them including a coffee flavor that was pretty tasty but needed the boost, top of the morning. Other flavors I got were a pear, guava, buttery nuts, and something called jamaican me crazy. Fruits were very tasty but the others I would get again with flavor boost. Many ppl dont end up liking most tobacco flavors because they expect it to be like smoking and it just does not taste like that. Substitue with dark rich flavors like caramel, vanillan chocolate, coffee etc. Got to try them all, hehe
Forgot to mention vw always sends free stuff, sample pack was 6 10ml bottles for 16 bucks, got 2 other 10 mls shipped to me free.

Reactions: Ladybug24

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
My boyfriend thought he'd like tobacco flavours because he was a heavy smoker for 15 years... turns out he's crazy about the fruit and candy flavours instead haha.

I hope your guy can keep an open mind and play around with flavours for a bit until he finds one he likes too.
Even if it just gets him to smoke a little less that's a little less damage right? :)

Do you guys have access to a vape shop that does sampling? our local shop has a sweet setup for it with disposable tips. You can try all their flavours!

It's also possible that because he's been a smoker for a while his tastebuds are for lack of a better term, totally effed up... I found I was able to taste things properly after a couple weeks without cigarettes. I don't even like some of the things I used to eat and drink all the time anymore.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
My boyfriend thought he'd like tobacco flavours because he was a heavy smoker for 15 years... turns out he's crazy about the fruit and candy flavours instead haha.

I hope your guy can keep an open mind and play around with flavours for a bit until he finds one he likes too.
Even if it just gets him to smoke a little less that's a little less damage right? :)

Do you guys have access to a vape shop that does sampling? our local shop has a sweet setup for it with disposable tips. You can try all their flavours!

It's also possible that because he's been a smoker for a while his tastebuds are for lack of a better term, totally effed up... I found I was able to taste things properly after a couple weeks without cigarettes. I don't even like some of the things I used to eat and drink all the time anymore.
I'm not sure about local vape shops or having sampling. I will need to look into it. I don't really know anyone IRL that vapes.

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm not sure about local vape shops or having sampling. I will need to look into it. I don't really know anyone IRL that vapes.

I wish you luck! Our 'dedicated' vape shop just opened here a week or two ago.
Before that we had to go to head shops that sold stuff, or out of town or online.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
Forgot to mention vw always sends free stuff, sample pack was 6 10ml bottles for 16 bucks, got 2 other 10 mls shipped to me free.
Just checked out the site. Wow, what a huge selection of flavors! Thanks. Going to show my boyfriend and see what he'd like from the menthols and order some yummy stuff for myself. Any faves you'd rec?

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Welcome to ECF Ladybug!
I was a heavy menthol smoker for the better part of 40 years and I've settled on 'Extreme Ice' from Mount Baker Vapor (MBV) as my #1 go-to juice flavor. It's a bit too intense for a lot of people, but it works for me. :D
It's about 4 bucks for a 15ml bottle so it's worth a shot. Coupon code vaporfrombaker will get you 10% off too.
Best of luck to you.

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
hi,
I'm brand new to vaping (like I received my starter kit today) and someone recommended this site as a helpful guide. I've read a little and I'm trying to learn all the lingo. I'm excited to not smell like an ashtray anymore.
I'm trying to convert myself and my boyfriend to vaping instead of analogs. I'm happy to experiment with fruity or other flavors. He smokes menthol (kool or Newport) and wants a menthol juice. I ordered menthol moon drops (virgin vapors) and he doesn't like the flavor and doesn't want to mix it with anything else. So, can anyone that previously smoked menthol rec something he may like? Thanks!

Congrats on taking the step! And welcome! I just started myself a little while ago!

Most Vape shops (not smoke shops, actual vape shops) will let you sample, sometimes you just have to ask! Google vape shops close to you!

As for the Menthol Liquids , Try out 555 Menthol or their Nuport flavor!

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Just checked out the site. Wow, what a huge selection of flavors! Tis thanks. Going to show my boyfriend and see what he'd like from the menthols and order some yummy stuff for myself. Any faves you'd rec?
I'm really liking vapewilds Pearadise, pear flavor, and the top of the morning coffee flavor. Another one I like a lot Is tiramisu. The coffee and tiramisu would benefit from the flavor boost, the pear was good as is. Other ppl talk about their smurfcake and s+c(2). General juice info- think about steeping ur juice, let it sit with cap on in a dark place to let the flavor really develop, now and then take cap off and squeeze them to mix with air and shake them up. Fresh made juices can benefit from this, fruits usually dont need it but cream or custard flavors kinda do. If a juice doesnt taste great, store it for a week or 2 and it may improve. Again, many fruits are great when u get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread