Intro and quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogmister

Jul 28, 2017
Louisiana
Great site, helpful and a lot of good info here. Ive been lurking for a few days and signed up last night. I read the rules but don't have them all committed to memory but I'll try to stay within that framework :).
I tried vaping a few years ago with a really bad ecig, then a cheap pen, in an effort to quit smoking but found them horrible and unsatisfying. Then, 1 1/2 mos ago I had an 8 day hospital stay (unrelated to smoking, just a freak knee injury with complications) anyway, there's no smoking in hospitals and I hadn't been without cigs since I was a teenager (in my 50's now). I smoked just over a pack/day. The second day of my stay I was craving pretty bad and my daughter brought me a Vuse Vibe and it really took care of the cravings and was a big improvement over the experience I had with vaping years ago. Long story short (maybe not so short) I haven't bought a pack of cigarettes since, and have moved on from the Vuse Vibe (didn't like the flavors). I'm using a Limitless Pulse pod system right now for on the go, and also have a Smok Qbox mini that I take a few rips on at night when I'm home. I had no idea there were so many satisfying alternatives to smoking based on my previous experience with vaping. Even though I don't use the Vuse anymore, my daughter really saved my .... by reintroducing me to vaping and it's great not to have to wait for smoke breaks, find a desolate spot to smoke, return smelling like a cigarette, and all the other negatives that come with smoking, and all for about $1.50/day using this Pulse. It's almost too good to be true. I don't see a scenario where I will go back to smoking.
So much for keeping a long story short but here's my "quick" question. I use low mg freebase liquid in my sub ohm but for the pods I use nic salts and will probably get a second pod system for backup. For those with experience with two or more of these salts, which do you prefer out of Mr. Salt e, Solace, and Fill my Pod, and why? I'm using Mr Salt E right now because it's available in one of the stores here.
Thanks and hello again.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to the forum. Your vape story is similar to mine, I gave up on them for the most part a few years ago, then my son quit vaping and gave me his gear and I was.... Intrigued to say the least how far vaping has come (much of which, I learned from this site). It's a really helpful place to get answers.

So glad you found vaping when you did, and that it's working for you now. That's fantastic, and HUGE congratulations :)

Anna

Reactions: Fogmister

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Welcome and congratulations on stopping smoking.

I was in the hospital overnight around 4 months ago with a throat infection that got out of control. Had been vaping for around 3 months at that time. They didn't allow vaping in that hospital but did offer a nicotine patch. I didn't take the patch though and really had no problem making it the 30 hours or so they had me in there.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Great site, helpful and a lot of good info here. Ive been lurking for a few days and signed up last night. I read the rules but don't have them all committed to memory but I'll try to stay within that framework :).
I tried vaping a few years ago with a really bad ecig, then a cheap pen, in an effort to quit smoking but found them horrible and unsatisfying. Then, 1 1/2 mos ago I had an 8 day hospital stay (unrelated to smoking, just a freak knee injury with complications) anyway, there's no smoking in hospitals and I hadn't been without cigs since I was a teenager (in my 50's now). I smoked just over a pack/day. The second day of my stay I was craving pretty bad and my daughter brought me a Vuse Vibe and it really took care of the cravings and was a big improvement over the experience I had with vaping years ago. Long story short (maybe not so short) I haven't bought a pack of cigarettes since, and have moved on from the Vuse Vibe (didn't like the flavors). I'm using a Limitless Pulse pod system right now for on the go, and also have a Smok Qbox mini that I take a few rips on at night when I'm home. I had no idea there were so many satisfying alternatives to smoking based on my previous experience with vaping. Even though I don't use the Vuse anymore, my daughter really saved my .... by reintroducing me to vaping and it's great not to have to wait for smoke breaks, find a desolate spot to smoke, return smelling like a cigarette, and all the other negatives that come with smoking, and all for about $1.50/day using this Pulse. It's almost too good to be true. I don't see a scenario where I will go back to smoking.
So much for keeping a long story short but here's my "quick" question. I use low mg freebase liquid in my sub ohm but for the pods I use nic salts and will probably get a second pod system for backup. For those with experience with two or more of these salts, which do you prefer out of Mr. Salt e, Solace, and Fill my Pod, and why? I'm using Mr Salt E right now because it's available in one of the stores here.
Thanks and hello again.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Thank your daughter for showing you the way. Have a son-in-law that is still smoking after I set him up with the state of the art system. He says he going to quit. $1.50 day is nothing compared to smoking, you learn to get that cost down and improve your vaping experience in short order. Your just starting, it gets better, congrats on the best decision you will make in years.
Concerning health, might like to read:
VapeWild Test Results

Reactions: Fogmister

Fogmister

Jul 28, 2017
Louisiana
Thank your daughter for showing you the way.
Yeah for sure but the thing is, she didn't vape at the time, she just went to a store and grabbed an ecig for me but since, she has started sub ohming and is off cigarettes, and my GF is vaping now, AND, my dgt told me this morning that my son and ex wife started vaping after trying hers. So it's had a real domino effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread