Introducing....Bmods. Custom drip tips and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2012
missouri
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451258757.675832.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451258776.151490.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451258815.304422.jpg

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Pancake positive impressions:

1. Can accomodate larger 4mm 7/6 coils without issue.

2. Easy to build on with multiple build options available.

3. Surprisingly adequate airflow for simple builds, even with wicking blocking the airflow slots.

Minor qualms so far include:

1. The Delrin trip tip could be radiused for improved comfort (e.g. Kennedy 22/24).

2. The deck O-ring does not fill its milled groove (there is a bit of vertical play). Perhaps this is by design as the cap fits very snug on the deck (so far).

3. There was no hex key included to facilitate the installation of the 0.9mm set screw plug.

4. There were no extra O-rings or extra cross-headed deck screws included as spares.

For use as a non-squonking rda, the Pancake could:

1. Incorporate a deeper juice well. Low builds coupled with large coils consume the entire well of juice within a few long draws. But this is expected.

2. Offer an alternative cap with airflow slots above the deck which target coils installed parallel (vs perpendicular) to the channel.

Though I am still testing out builds, the juice well of the Pancake was not able to keep up with a single twisted 22g/24g 316L 7/6 4mm wicked with rayon. The build was far too hot and the airflow inadequate. FYI, I would definitely purchase this RDA again knowing what I know now and am looking forwards to how the Pancake evolves in the near and far future.

Reactions: ohman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread