Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
It's just the lighting and camera artifacts. They're both machined beautifully - no difference in quality. Sure, orders can be changed if they haven't already been shipped, or the unit isn't assembled yet.

Good to know, I suspect I will still be happy with the shorter cap. Just measured the cap on the provari and it looks to be exactly 1/4", so at least to me that's a pretty substantial bit shorter.

where do I go to order these ?

NexGen Vapor | The Utimate DNA 20 Ecig

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
2 Questions

1. Can you change screen orientation with the rocker switch - I am one of those few left-handers.

2. Is there a larger cost if I pick another cerakote color? I am torn between the copper or bronze.

3. What is the custom option?

Thanks

1. Yes, despite what pbusardo said in his review, you do not need to hit the up and down button at the same time to access the other features.

Locked mode:
Pressing the fire button five times with less than .7 seconds between presses will cause the device to enter Locked mode. In Locked mode, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. While in Locked mode, the screen will be off, except that pressing a button will show “Locked, Click 5X”. To exit Locked mode, press the fire button 5 times.

Stealth mode:
While locked, pressing the fire and down buttons simultaneously for five seconds will switch to stealth mode. In this mode the display is off. It will still show error messages and the “Locked, Click 5X” advisory. To switch back to normal display mode, from locked mode hold down the fire and down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed.

Right Mode and Left Mode:
While locked, holding the fire and up buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds flips the display. This allows for maximum flexibility in designing the mod, as well as accommodating left handed vapers. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed. Please note that if using a potentiometer instead of a button, this option is not available. However, it can be set before soldering the potentiometer on during manufacture.

2. The default color is Titanium, then there are 16 standard colors that are +$10, and then custom colors are +$35 (of base price).

3. As mentioned above there are 16 standard colors, but you can also just pick ANY cerakote color under the sun if add $35.

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
hey anyone get their email code yet i was told twice i would get it yesterday dont want to bother if its not important to them i can go elsewhere makes me wonder how they will handle any kind of customer service problems in the futura

This comes off a bit pretentious. They are a new company and are in the process of ramping up. I fail to understand your concern. Yes, they COULD be putting off getting you the code by choice, but what is far more likely is that they are busy getting everything ready to actually produce these devices. Also keep in mind that they clearly are staying in touch as you said you have heard from them at least twice. Jon responded to my email plenty quick.

Either way, they aren't shipping for at least a few weeks, and you are getting a code that guarantees you one of the first 100 produced. So regardless of if you order now, in 2 days, or next week, you are going to get it in hand the same time. I know that waiting can be a pain, but it's a wee bit early to start complaining about the quality of service, especially since the only real effect of not getting your code immediately is that you have to wait a few days.

It seems to me the entire point of the codes for the first 100 people was so that they didn't have to make a mad dash to place an order and could still get the device on the early side if they so choose. They are trying to help people who showed an early interest and you are trying to knock them because they didn't hook you up fast enough? Really?

Either way, if you decide to back out, I for one will be happy to know my order will be moved up a slot ^_^. Maybe I won't have to wait as long.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
yeah i wanted the zombie green also and my sweetie wanted the sky blue but im not jumping thru hoops i mean first they set up a 100 list and i got on that then when the site went up they said the 100 list would get an email code so i held off from placing an order i was just excited to see the site up and running so i waited and thats fine but was told 2 times ( 1 by pm that the day was still early?? at 9pm) so i didnt want to be a PITA im sure they have their hands full but i was following their rules and here monday nite after midnite still no code as i said b4 customer service is everything maybe the nivel chip will be an option

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
This comes off a bit pretentious. They are a new company and are in the process of ramping up. I fail to understand your concern. Yes, they COULD be putting off getting you the code by choice, but what is far more likely is that they are busy getting everything ready to actually produce these devices. Also keep in mind that they clearly are staying in touch as you said you have heard from them at least twice. Jon responded to my email plenty quick.

Either way, they aren't shipping for at least a few weeks, and you are getting a code that guarantees you one of the first 100 produced. So regardless of if you order now, in 2 days, or next week, you are going to get it in hand the same time. I know that waiting can be a pain, but it's a wee bit early to start complaining about the quality of service, especially since the only real effect of not getting your code immediately is that you have to wait a few days.

It seems to me the entire point of the codes for the first 100 people was so that they didn't have to make a mad dash to place an order and could still get the device on the early side if they so choose. They are trying to help people who showed an early interest and you are trying to knock them because they didn't hook you up fast enough? Really?

Either way, if you decide to back out, I for one will be happy to know my order will be moved up a slot ^_^. Maybe I won't have to wait as long.

maybe your right amnesia i understand what your getting at if they tell me they will send out the code 2 weeks from now that fine but to lead me on and say that the day is still young what am i to think .....yeah i think they will do what they say they are going to do wouldnt you?

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
maybe your right amnesia i understand what your getting at if they tell me they will send out the code 2 weeks from now that fine but to lead me on and say that the day is still young what am i to think .....yeah i think they will do what they say they are going to do wouldnt you?

That I can understand, they definitely should try and follow through when they give you a date. My guess the delay with the codes has to do with the website. I just double checked and there currently isn't a field to enter them. They probably need to modify the site to actually have a place to use the codes before they generate them and give them out ^_^.

I got my invoice as well. #29

It looks like their gateway didn't like my card though, "Issuer System Unavailable" >_>. I'm sure they will get it sorted out.

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
I got my invoice as well. #29

It looks like their gateway didn't like my card though, "Issuer System Unavailable" >_>. I'm sure they will get it sorted out.

Apparently Jon is still awake and working. He just responded to my email about this within like 10 minutes. Still working to get it sorted, but I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread