Introducing the Beast Knuckle (0.24Ω Single coil madness!!) w/video tutorial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Knucks for the the Beast Knuckle. Like the idea of it being flat and sandwiched I'll have to try it out. I'm currently working on a chimney style coil that is essentially a small inner coil with a larger outer coil around it, cotton wicks are sandwiched between the 2 allowing the inner coil open for air to pass threw. Got the idea from a boiler coil.
image.jpg

Have you tried anything similar to this? I would be interested in a video of it if you have as I'm waiting for more wire to arrive.

vaquino41981

Feb 21, 2014
FL
Looks like a fun coil to build^^

My 1st attempt at R&D on the TTC<tm> (^Top-Shelf^ Tornado Coil)

2 twisted 28ga kanthal metered at 1.5ohms, I tried a single 28ga but it meters at over 3ohms. 28ga is the fattest wire I have at the moment.

Inner coil 6 wraps around a 3/32 bit and outer coil was 4 wraps around the tube inside pens that hold the ink, the fatter version.

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

Takes 10 years to heat up lol. I think using lower gauge wire will be better, in my experience braided wires have a tendency to heat up slowly above 1.2ohms. Maybe smaller diameter of both coils as well. Coil looks cool in my KF clone especially that the airhole lines up with the inner coil. This coil will not move on to the wicking stage.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Excellent!!! Looks good, I had the same idea with the pen tube. Seems perfect for this build, and yeah I plan on using whatever guage will net me a total of 2-2.6 ohms. I'll post some pics when I get my kanthal, in the mean time I've been playing around with some dual coil single wraps just using strands of speaker wire for practice. Small and large coil looks like a # 8, I've heard of a figure 8 coil not sure if this is similar... image.jpg goes 2 wraps small to 2 wraps large back to 2 small then to 2 large for a total of 8 wraps. Just a mock up until I get my kanthal lol. Wanted to do a dual coil using 1 wire and this best way I figured up to distribute power equally through the coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread