Introduction and Help with eVic Two Mini coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasentrala

Jan 25, 2018
Hello, im new to the forum!, im a 23 year old from Santiago de Chile, and i come to this forum in search for desperate help, also my english is not perfect so sorry if i make a mistake.

I bought 6 months ago an eVic VTC MINI, with the Cubis Pro Atomizer, after i bought a battery (wich says 18650 3000mAh 3.7V) i started vaping and it was glorious, i completely stoped smoking, but i still need to vape in order to stay away from cigarretes. first i had no problems with the coils that came with the vaporizer, but lately all the coils i buy burn at 2 or 3 days of use, and when i vape there is no flavour.. im not sure what to do, i saturate the coils before using them and i have even left the coil to saturate inside the atomizer for a hole day, but nothing changes... im using the Wattage mode, the coils i buy are the SS316 0,5 and 0,6 Ohms, i start at 15 watts and go up to 25, and i cant seem to get flavour, or at least preserve the coil and not burn it

i have bought the coils from different sources, also i cleaned all my vaporizer properly, could it be that the atomizer is broken somehow? or the battery needs to be replaced?, im desperate for help, anything will be very much appreciated!

thanks
hhUt6w
jjPhzG
cDBUeG

Attachments

• dc2f36d2-b062-4fe4-987b-9798babaf490.jpg
    dc2f36d2-b062-4fe4-987b-9798babaf490.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Tomasentrala

Jan 25, 2018
Hi and welcome. If the matter isn't vaper's tongue, I suspect you're using a sweet and/or dark juice. These are known a coil killers.
now that you mention it yes, its a clear but sweet juice "cosmic fog Platinum Berry Trio, but i saw a review for it and it was fine, i got another one i bought in the airport when i was in the usa for like 5 bucks, none of them works. i´ll try another juice and get back to you. thanks in advance :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. It's hard to say what's going on. Unless there's a fault in your mod, a new battery causing issues doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, unless your old batteries were experiencing such sag that your wattage is actually now "overpowering" your coil/tank in a way it wasn't before. If this is a whole new setup, I'd try lower wattages and less sweet (with maybe higher PG liquid).

With that said if this is a whole new setup (which I don't believe you are saying, I'm unsure) you may just be vaping at too high a wattage, leading to decreased coil life. Your coils should have a wattage range printed on them, try staying near the lower end (or below, even) that range.

The only other thing that may have happened (possibly) is that you got a bad box of coils. It does happen occasionally. I'd try a new coil (maybe from a different vendor even).

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Jwaterski

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, im new to the forum!, im a 23 year old from Santiago de Chile, and i come to this forum in search for desperate help, also my english is not perfect so sorry if i make a mistake.
I bought 6 months ago an eVic VTC MINI, with the Cubis Pro Atomizer, after i bought a battery (wich says 18650 3000mAh 3.7V) i started vaping and it was glorious, i completely stoped smoking, but i still need to vape in order to stay away from cigarretes. first i had no problems with the coils that came with the vaporizer, but lately all the coils i buy burn at 2 or 3 days of use, and when i vape there is no flavour.. im not sure what to do, i saturate the coils before using them and i have even left the coil to saturate inside the atomizer for a hole day, but nothing changes... im using the Wattage mode, the coils i buy are the SS316 0,5 and 0,6 Ohms, i start at 15 watts and go up to 25, and i cant seem to get flavour, or at least preserve the coil and not burn it
i have bought the coils from different sources, also i cleaned all my vaporizer properly, could it be that the atomizer is broken somehow? or the battery needs to be replaced?, im desperate for help, anything will be very much appreciated!
cDBUeG
Welcome and glad you joined.
"the coils i buy burn at 2 or 3 days of use"
Coil life is dependent on several factors.
Might like to read:
How Often Should You Replace Atomizer Coils?
Three reasons why your coils burn out
6 Most Common Coil Mistakes – Vape Emporium Inc
You are in the advanced sub-ohm vaping equipment usage. Might consider non sub-ohm coils. Could read:
What Ohms should I choose?
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-is-sub-ohm-vaping-dangerous.462202/
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
https://spinfuel.com/sub-ohm-vaping/

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i think its a battery problem maybe??? how much is the lifespan of a battery?
A battery's lifespan is called the "duty cycle". That means it should be viable or useful for a minimum 250 - 300 charge cycles, up to 500 charges.

Battery duty cycle refers to the approximate number of recharges it can be “cycled” through before the battery will no longer hold a charge. Duty cycles can be 500 charges but will vary depending on the core battery composition.

It should be noted that while a lithium ion battery does not have “battery memory”, the capacity of the battery will diminish over time as you progress to the end of it’s life expectancy. This means you do not have to fully discharge the battery before charging it like you do with many other rechargeable battery types. You can also use it from the get go without first taking it home and throwing it on the charger, assuming it has a charge left when you receive it.

It should be noted that you will get longer life expectancy from a battery if you don't drain them down each time you use them. "Topping them off" once they reach about 3.5 volts is better than using them until they stop working and causes no harm. Charging after "half" of a duty cycle of use will prolong the overall life expectancy of the battery. Consistantly draining a battery to 3.4 volts or lower before re-charging will decrease battery life expectancy.

What battery are you using specifically? Just saying its a 3000mAh 3.7 volt 18650 doesn't tell us a lot. Specifically, the brand and model. The battery that you are using may be an aftermarket (re-wrap or re-branded) battery.

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

• Learn what a rewrap cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?

Tomasentrala

Jan 25, 2018
Welcome to ECF. It's hard to say what's going on. Unless there's a fault in your mod, a new battery causing issues doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, unless your old batteries were experiencing such sag that your wattage is actually now "overpowering" your coil/tank in a way it wasn't before. If this is a whole new setup, I'd try lower wattages and less sweet (with maybe higher PG liquid).

With that said if this is a whole new setup (which I don't believe you are saying, I'm unsure) you may just be vaping at too high a wattage, leading to decreased coil life. Your coils should have a wattage range printed on them, try staying near the lower end (or below, even) that range.

The only other thing that may have happened (possibly) is that you got a bad box of coils. It does happen occasionally. I'd try a new coil (maybe from a different vendor even).

Best of luck,

Anna
thanks for the reply anna!, i have been getting my coils from different sources, also these coils recommend from 15 to 28, and i normaly start from 10 to 20 max. im starting to think its the e liquid.

thanks!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread