Not open for further replies.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Hello, Vapers!
I'm a n00b. I smoked for 30 years. I tried the Blu e-cig for a while some years ago, but it was ultimately unsatisfying.

Then, in 2010, my health took an abrupt downturn. Blood clots formed in my legs and made their way into my lungs. I spent 3 days in the ICU, and another 5 in a regular bed. After I got out of the hospital, I resumed smoking. Not smart, but hey - that 30-year-old monkey on my back was a powerful motivator.

Then my teeth started becoming loose and falling out of my skull. My dentists and doctors all said the same thing - their only wish was that I would quit smoking.
I tried to quit but the lack of nicotine in my system made my blood turn to fire, and I could not bear it. So it was back to smokes.

Then I had a thought: I wondered if the vaporizing thing had improved at all since my Blu experience, so I started looking around online. Imagine my surprise! I also noticed that a new vape store had just opened up only three blocks from me, so I decided to take the plunge.

The guy at the store talked to me for a minute or two about my smoking frequency and such, then handed me a Vision Spinner 1300 with an iClear 16 clearomizer. I tried a few liquids in the store but the first one I tried was far and away the best - It Is Vapor's 'Apple Pie'. It's still my daily flavor, though I frequently mix it with Blueberry, Peanut Butter and Kahlua Coffee. I LOVE IT! Thick clouds, throat hit, and some fun gadgetry (as well as a chance to actually be grateful I took a beginning class in electronics) and I'm totally into it.

Since I've started vaping, I've gone into my kitchen a few times (where I stashed my smokes and ashtray, just in case) and tried to smoke, just to see if I noticed anything missing. Each time I have tried, I wasn't able to get more than two or three puffs before putting it out and saying 'Yuck!' They're still sitting there, but I don't think about them much at all anymore.

Other than the aforementioned puffs (six, maybe eight, tops) I have not smoked a cigarette since December 29, 2013. And just two days ago I walked about five miles without even thinking about it, no sweat - which I never could have done while smoking. The benefits of vaping vs. smoking have been immediately noticeable, and right now I feel like I will never go back to analogs.

SO I joined up here to say thank you to you folks, as many of your posts have been very helpful to me in this process.

Cheers!

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
What a wonderful post! I am so happy for you that you found what you needed to stop smoking. It is indeed a powerful addiction, but vaping has done the trick for me, too. I smoked heavily all my adult life for 40+ years, and I'm just delighted and amazed that this is working for me so well.

I wish you continued success.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Thanks for the support, Mike.
Yeah, I was in really bad shape. Over 300 pounds. I dropped a hundred pounds after getting out of the hospital, because I knew I had to or die. But I was still very sedentary. It wasn't until I started vaping that I could walk without getting winded every five feet. I feel fantastic.

Seattle444

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Everett, Wa
Great store Mate vaping is the only way to go to get that nicotine fix that a smoker loves. I fairly new to it myself and am totally into it now. 2 different mods and doing rebuild now. Thanks to this forum I have learned a huge amount of info here. Feep up the vaping and lets all live a few extra years.....Enjoy the Vape Mate :)

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Wow, thanks everyone. I barely got out an answer to the first reply I received and there were 3 more.
As for mods and dripping, I really don't see myself getting into all that. I have three batteries now, a couple of pro-tanks, and some more goodies on the way. I've dropped almost 300 bucks in two weeks, but I'm disabled and not rich so the spending is about to drop off dramatically. Still, it's hard to put a price on not smoking, or the overwhelming gratitude of my friends and family.

lusily

Moved On
Jan 13, 2014
USA
www.gearbest.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread