"Intuituve" Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read about the Provari and it seems as though it has an "intuitive" mode? Where it will read the resistance of the tank coil and either set an appropriate wattage/voltage setting, or at least suggest it?

I am new to vaping and I'm really not ready to invest $200+ for a Provari kit - at least not yet he heh heh . . . .

in any case, are there any other mods that will, if not make appropriate settings for a given tank, at least suggest them?

Thank you in advance, and I hope this is an appropriate section to post this question.

Mike P.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I've never heard of "intuitive" mode but I think what you are describing is Variable Watts. The Provari doesn't have this feature. With VW you set the wattage to what you want and the mod will adjust the voltage to the resistance of the atty you have attached to it. A cheaper way to go would be to get an Evolve Kick 2 (for mechanical mods only). It does the same thing and has a safety shut off in case of a short.

All the DNA20 & 30 mods have VW but they cost $200 plus for most of them. There are lots of cheaper VW mods out there like the Smok Zmax but I can't think of any others at the moment. Somebody will come along that will know.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
As tmcase noted, I also have never heard of an "intuitive" mod. Not sure how that would work. I vape around the 15 Watt range. My oldest son vapes in the 11 Watt range. My sister vapes in the 9 Watt range. If a mod suggested a wattage or voltage for whatever was screwed onto it, it would be wrong at least 2 out of 3 times for my family. And only that good if it defaulted to one of the wattage ranges that my family vapes....

The nice thing about being able to adjust your output is that you can start low and bump it up until it's just the way you want it. So anyone can find their perfect vape without much more than knowing how to adjust the settings up and down.

I remember thinking that a ProVari was expensive... I now own 3 and know they were the most inexpensive purchases I've ever made in vaping. After you get to your third year on a mod and average the cost per week, it looks much more reasonable. There are more good mods on the market than ever before. Usually, not always, you get what you pay for. I put half the $ I was saving by not buying packs of cigarettes in a jar. I used that $ to put in a new kitchen floor and buy a ProVari. That was quite awhile ago and both are working great. Often wish I didn't stop doing that after that point, but maybe it would be something you could do? Makes saving up for vape gear fairly painless. You'd be surprised how quickly you'd be able to grab a nice DNA mod doing the jar trick....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have read about the Provari and it seems as though it has an "intuitive" mode? Where it will read the resistance of the tank coil and either set an appropriate wattage/voltage setting, or at least suggest it?

I am new to vaping and I'm really not ready to invest $200+ for a Provari kit - at least not yet he heh heh . . . .

Mike P.

What you're describing is variable wattage feature, as tmcase noted. When you run your mod in the vw mode, it will indeed read the resistance of your coil and adjust the voltage to give you the wattage you like.

There are plenty of inexpensive APVs on the market that can do that (but not the ProVari). From Innokin eGo-class VV V3 battery all the way to the most advanced (and very expensive) mods like Svoemesto.

You have to decide whether you'd like a PV that comes with replaceable batteries on internal (non replaceable) batteries. One of the most popular replaceable-battery, tube shaped mod is the Sigelei Zmax. I have a mini stainless steel version of the Sigelei Zmax and I'm very happy with it.

However, if you want the easiest and most user friendly AVP I suggest you look at the MVP 2--it's box shaped and has a built-in battery, but it offers vv/vw, ohms reader, dual 510/eGo connection, a huge 2600 mAh battery, works as a passthorugh (you can charge while you vape) and it will charge your cell phone in a pinch. :D What's not to like! For about 40 bucks you can have it all--and you won't have to buy a separate charger and batteries. This place has them in silverish blue color and offers free shipping to boot.

https://www.completevape.com/innokin-itaste-mvp-20-blue

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread