Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I haven’t personally noticed any teeth yellowing from vaping but I suspect it’s dependent on juice contents

These things are plastic trays that “look better” than traditional braces. It’s purely a cosmetic thing. I had regular braces for my jaw surgery but I used these for a while. I found them uncomfortable, annoying and the illusion wasn’t that great to begin with. They should be cheaper than regular braces considering materials and labor but they’re not. Imho they’re a waste of time to begin with. If you need braces get real ones .

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I believe it is the products of tobacco smoke (primarily tar) which causes teeth or dental appliancs to yellow, NOT nicotine in vapor. I've seen videos where cigarette smoke vs. e-liquid vapor were compared by blowing into a white cloth in some scientific studies. The smoke from a cigarette causes yellow staining while the vapor from an e-cig does not.

Smoke VS. Vapor

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
My wife's invisaligns are just as clear now, with almost 6 years of vaping, as the day she got them. Right after the braces came off.

Of course, hers are the type you wear when you sleep, so she doesn't vape as much with them on, but she does vape while wearing them now and then..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have Invisalign, but I do have dentures. The type of plastic (be it clear or white, or gum colored) does not stain in that fashion. To be completely frank, I didn't get any discoloration even back when I was smoking compared to my real teeth (I had very porous very weak teeth) and I got way more staining with smoking (on my real teeth) than I did with dentures and smoking even,.

You are going to be just fine vaping with those. IDK what all the dental plastics are made of, but whatever it is I kind of would like a car made of some. Maybe. At least the outer shell.

Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Let's merge your threads, shall we?

We need a fake teeth vape that you fill the molars with eliquid and it dispenses a small amount to your coils which are imbedded in your front teeth. But there's no batteries....what you have are bottom teeth that are made of a fire steel and kindling. You grind your teeth until they catch on fire and heat up the coil. Presto! Hands free vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread