iO6 failure. getting really irritated once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
i ordered the 1.8ohm iO6 a week ago, then after i got it i realized the delrin tip i got for 2 bucks was horrible so i ordered the siams mod tip for it and didnt touch the iO6 till yesterday wen i got the siams sleeve. i got alot of dry hits with the delrin tip and assumed it would stop wen i got the siams. it took me a while to even get the thing on my iO6, but wen i finally did it was hitting like a champ. great flavor and vapor, but very inconsistent. but today, oooh toooday.. i am so FRUSTRATED! not ONCE have i got a good hit from this atty today. i only put gorilla juice thru it, and ive flooded it about 6 times. all i get is dry hit after dry hit. i am so annoyed, all i want is a good flavorful vape of gorilla juice and its literally not possible today, atleast with my new iO6. i have other attys to use but im at work and only have my iO6 on me.. please tell me if i am doing something wrong.. this is doesnt make sense

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
When you first got the i06 out of the package. Did you prime it? This is done with 6-7 drops of e-liquid and letting it sit for 10 minutes. If you get a dry hit afterwards then drip a few more drops. The purpose of this is to let the mesh and wicking material get saturated.

Also, when dripping. Three drops will equate to about 5 drags. You can also taste that the atomizer is getting dry. Also, the performance will drop a little.

You also have to remember that e-liquids that are high in VG. Will gunk up the coil and wick much faster then PG based e-liquids. Although, it usually takes about 3ml for that to happen. In any case, if you continually have issues with the atomizer. Then I would suggest cleaning it.

Here's another option. If you look under the bridge of the atomizer. There should be some wicking material. You can use a paper clip and lightly push all of it out (be careful not to touch the coil). Now, you can use a pair of tweezers and remove it.

This will definitely help alleviate the burnt flavor that seems to linger forever.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
+1 for everything that Unforseen said... with the addition that you should meter that atty. There have been a few QC issues with the i06 lately. Some come with a way-too-tight draw, and others with their ohm rating far from what ohm they actually are. In fact, I popped a coil on my last i06 Monday. It was supposed to be a 2.5 ohm, but when I metered it, it was 1.4. That's a little low for the device I used it on and I ended up popping the coil really quickly.

The good news is that ikenvape will take care of you on an atty that is way out of spec for the advertized ohms, if it does turn out to be that.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
+1 for everything that Unforseen said... with the addition that you should meter that atty. There have been a few QC issues with the i06 lately. Some come with a way-too-tight draw, and others with their ohm rating far from what ohm they actually are. In fact, I popped a coil on my last i06 Monday. It was supposed to be a 2.5 ohm, but when I metered it, it was 1.4. That's a little low for the device I used it on and I ended up popping the coil really quickly.

The good news is that ikenvape will take care of you on an atty that is way out of spec for the advertized ohms, if it does turn out to be that.

+1 on the tight draw comment

my last three all have way too tight a draw. Tried to open up the holes above the threads a little and it made no difference.

Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread