IPV 8 permanent battery door fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi, months ago I received an ipv 8 in the mail that I received in an exchange for my joyetech eVic VTC dual (long story). I really like the aesthetic look of the IPV8 but in the first week the battery door started randomly popping open when I lifted it off the table,etc. Seeimg as how I don't like hearing the sound of 18650s slamming on hardwood, I tossed it in my mod bin. It's worth noting FT shipped it to me in what it looked like to be 3rd party shrink wrap around the IPV8 box.

Besides using a vape band to to keep it shut (seen this on YT), or ordering a whole new door piece, are there any fixes with tools I can do at home to fix the issue? Not too impressed a supposed brand new mod would start flopping out batteries in the first week or receiving it.

-J

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
@stols001, it use a hinge battery door at the bottom like the Alien, cuboid, etc.

@Walee Yeah I suppose I could just do that. I'd prefer a permanent fix but either way I picked up a Sigelie Kaos a few days locally, another mod in my big collection,so I'll be playing with it till I get bored and move on to something else in a few months

Reactions: stols001

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
@stols001, it use a hinge battery door at the bottom like the Alien, cuboid, etc.

@Walee Yeah I suppose I could just do that. I'd prefer a permanent fix but either way I picked up a Sigelie Kaos a few days locally, another mod in my big collection,so I'll be playing with it till I get bored and move on to something else in a few months

I think I'm kinda like you. I really wanted a permanent fix but after not coming up with one for awhile I just wanted to be able to use it without the batteries falling out all the time. It will never be a favorite mod but at least it's usable. I don't like things sitting around that I don't use.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread