IPV4 Firing on it's Own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago1919

Verified Member
So I've got an ipv4 with a Lemo 2 nickel build on it. I've used the same Lemo 2 with same build on other mods with no problems. On the first day I got the ipv4, probably after about an hour of use, I placed the device down on the table while opening up some mail. After about 3-5 seconds I heard it start firing on its own! No joke. I grabbed it and hit the fire button and it stopped firing. I figured that maybe the button got stuck, or was sticky (even though there was no reason for it to be sticky), so I pulled the batteries and toggled the button on/off a few dozen times. Still nervous, I set it aside until I had some time to look around to see if others have had this problem. Now it's today, a few days later, and I decide to give it another shot to see if it was just some freak event. After about 30-45 minutes of use, again, it fired on its own. I was in the car, took a hit, then 3-5 seconds later it kicks on! I let it fire, on its own, for about 15 seconds. Apparently there is no 10 sec cutoff? Really freaky if I left it on the couch and it heated to the point of flaming up!

Has anyone noticed this or heard of this before?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I've got an IPV4 with a Lemo 2 nickel build on it. I've used the same Lemo 2 with same build on other mods with no problems. On the first day I got the IPV4, probably after about an hour of use, I placed the device down on the table while opening up some mail. After about 3-5 seconds I heard it start firing on its own! No joke. I grabbed it and hit the fire button and it stopped firing. I figured that maybe the button got stuck, or was sticky (even though there was no reason for it to be sticky), so I pulled the batteries and toggled the button on/off a few dozen times. Still nervous, I set it aside until I had some time to look around to see if others have had this problem. Now it's today, a few days later, and I decide to give it another shot to see if it was just some freak event. After about 30-45 minutes of use, again, it fired on its own. I was in the car, took a hit, then 3-5 seconds later it kicks on! I let it fire, on its own, for about 15 seconds. Apparently there is no 10 sec cutoff? Really freaky if I left it on the couch and it heated to the point of flaming up!

Has anyone noticed this or heard of this before?

I wouldn't fool around with it.

I would take the Batteries Out of it. And then I would contact where you got it and tell them what is Going On.

Reactions: sando7

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
i have had batt drainage issues with mine, but no auto firing at least so far, there is a video in the "ipv4 pre-order thread"
pg 42, post [HASHTAG]#833[/HASHTAG] of some weird stuff going on with one...i'm not surprised i would imagine we are going to see some more problems arise...also taking my batts out over-nite just-in case.
i have reported my issue with the Vendor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread