IStick Pico 75W wont stop firing/Firing on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
MY istick Pico is about 12-18 months old. Today when I pressed the fire button it wouldn't stop firing until the 10 second cutoff. Later today it was sitting on the table and started firing on its own.

I suppose either the button is sticking, which it doesnt appear to be from my observations. Or it's malfunctioning. Anyone ever have this problem or have any solution or knowledge with this issue?

Reactions: stols001

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
This is a problem I see more often on smok mods. Interesting to see it on a pico. Their reliability is supposed to be good. I’m afraid I don’t have any solutions for you. Doesn’t mean someone else won’t though. GL
What was the problem / solution with the Smoke mods?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
One thing you must keep in mind, a commercial mod of 12 to 18 months old is, well, Old!
Daily use, even just taking a drag and setting it down, puts wear and tear on it.

There are replacement boards out there for the Pico 75. Not the best quality and you can get a new Pico 75 for $20 or so.

Get a new one.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
i hate that devices can only last a year and not work anymore. I get that they are 25-30$. But thats bad quality in my opinion. Maybe i should invest in a more reliable device :blink::yawn::sleep:

True, you get what you pay for. But I've had the pico series last longer than others. MVP's never lasted for me, eVics ditto, and a dozen other brands.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
True, you get what you pay for. But I've had the pico series last longer than others. MVP's never lasted for me, eVics ditto, and a dozen other brands.
MVP's are notorious for their durability and longevity. Im hoping my first Innokin / MVP will stay true to their name.

You do get what you pay for, but I'm hoping a 50$ mod lasts longer than 12 months. Is 24 months too much to ask for lol. (btw one of my oldest and still working fully functional devices is an eleaf istick 30)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
MVP's are notorious for their durability and longevity. Im hoping my first Innokin / MVP will stay true to their name.

You do get what you pay for, but I'm hoping a 50$ mod lasts longer than 12 months. Is 24 months too much to ask for lol. (btw one of my oldest and still working fully functional devices is an eleaf istick 30)
Well my pico 75 is 24 months old and going strong.... my MVP lasted 60 days......

I say if you want a mod that will not have a circuit board succumb to constant heating and cooling... GET A MECH.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No mod is infallible and how you treat it also matters. I have to say, I'm not the hugest fan of the picos, especially the new one. I sold mine, because I didn't care for the build quality, to me it was poorly machined and whatnot. An earlier pico, I bought off ebay (I was new) and it arrived broken, and with clearly "rebuilt" coils. No thanks, it went straight back.

Despite my record with them, I will recommend them to new users, as they do have their pluses, and for the price, well, they can perform well. But, if it were me, I'd consider an innoken mod, maybe the eleaf invoke, it's almost as small as a pico but much better design and two internal batteries, so great battery life, and it's light and portable while still being very well designed and easy to use. I really recommend them now as a starter device, because I love mine so much (I won it, and I'm glad I did). Feels great in the hand, light, easy to use, and great quality for a reasonable price.

You can put any topper you want on there, including a MTL topper, and just enjoy great battery life. I don't know what it is with me and picos but I think there are far, far better setups out there for not as much money. I really like certain mod makers, and while I do like some things from the manufacturer's of the picos, I am far more likely to recommend an Aspire Zelos starter kit that comes with a Nautilus 2 topper, they are internal battery mods, in case that is what you are looking for but good reliability and build quality for the price, and as you continue trying new equipment, the mods work well for many MTL tanks. Nice small formfactor as well. If it were me, honestly, I'd replace with a two battery removable mod, unless you are looking for something super tiny and/or very low budget.

Best of luck,

Anna

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
14 months of everyday use on my Pico 25 and it wouldn't die. Half of the chrome plating on the zinc is long gone from my sweaty hands and polishing. It's been dropped about 5-6 times so it looks a fairly battle worn but keeps on ticking. I'm impressed for a $20 item.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What was the solution with the Smoke mods?
Paperweight or garbage can. Guaranteed.

Generally speaking, the mods available in that price range generally don't last more than a year, couple of years tops, although my original MVP is now 5 years old. It's not really in use (sister's backup mod) and the battery doesn't hold a charge for very long, but it still works and is in great physical condition.

Expect to pay upwards of $75 or more from a reputable company if you want your mod to last a couple of years or more. Probably won't be made in China. You generally get what you pay for.

My most well-built, durable and dependable regulated mods have been a $180 Provari (USA) and $100 JAC Vapour DNA75 (Scotland). Top grade chips. Both companies had/have great customer service and stood/stand by their products. Again, you get what you pay for.

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another!" :thumbs:

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Any mod that fires on it's own needs to be retired immediately. Just because the 10 second cutoff kicks in currently, doesn't mean that this safegaurd will continue to work. If the 10 sec cutoff fails as well, you could have a problem on your hands.

I've had a mod that auto-fired and the 10 second cutoff failed as well. I immediately removed the battery and refuse to trust it again.

Mods in this price range (isticks, pico, etc) are meant to be disposable in my opinion when they exhibit issues. 12-18 months, you've gotten you $$$ worth and it's time to move on. You can get a new Pico for $25. If you like it, replace it. For how much we spend on coils, juice, and the like, $25 for a year use of a mod is very inexpensive.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Can't say nothing bad about this little guy ,no more paint gets used everyday and banged around in my feller buncher and never stopped working and to top it of I'm still running the efest battery it came with. Maybe I got lucky I don't know but can't say anything bad got my moneys worth

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_134416.jpg
    IMG_20180224_134416.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 55

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Can't say nothing bad about this little guy ,no more paint gets used everyday and banged around in my feller buncher and never stopped working and to top it of I'm still running the efest battery it came with. Maybe I got lucky I don't know but can't say anything bad got my moneys worth
OMG the metal drip tip! What, where, how much?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread