IPV4 or Sigelei 150W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I'm thinking I will never need anything over 100W. (that's good for a crazy .1 ohm build that will choke a mule) and I like the look of the ipv4 better than the sigelei, but this will be my first regulated mod purchase and I know little to nothing about the manufacturers and quality/reliability of the mods. Any feedback would be appreciated.

jimbob200521

Dec 18, 2014
Sterling, Illinois
It is just my opinion as I have not used either yet (my IPV4 is on the way) but I would go with the IPV4. Unless you are a cloud chaser, there is no reason to go for 150 watts. I had a similar decision as you, and chose the IPV4. For me, it was between the IPV4, IPV3, or Snow Wolf 200. I didn't even consider the Sigelei as I've heard a lot of negative opinions about them from local people, but YMMV there. Anywho, I decided on the IPV4 based on reputation, looks, performance, and cost. I have an 80 watt device now that works great for me, but when I do a .1(sih) build, I wouldn't mind a little more power but that's just me. I also wanted temp control (and one that worked!) as well as just another box in genera to have around so I'm not alway swapping tanks. Hope this helps!

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I'd go for the Sigelei, myself. Although they share a lot of similar functions, and use (I think) the same chip, the IPV4 feels a little cheap compared to a Sig or the IPV3...If you asked Sig150 or IPV3, I'd say it's a tossup, but the IPV4 is not as tough looking as the others. Lots of plastic in the IPV4, but not in the Sigelei or the IPV3. Of course there are going to be people that love one or the other, they're both quality companies. I'm not sure this is true but I have heard others say they are actually the same company, but I think that may be only because they both use Asmodus for warranty work and US distributorship.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
TC is evolving rapidly and will change a lot in the coming years. I'm waiting for the dust to settle on that front although I did own a DNA40 and an IPV 4 that sold Saturday. My 150w is on the way and for $64 to my door I'll be fine for a while.

I agree TX wholeheartedly. I buy all this stuff for testing. But I'm an old school mechanical authentic fan myself. About the best use I've found to have at least one even if low-W variable is to burn in and oxidize micro's evenly at low power. Another rewarding surprise is some wicking responds very well to being cured too at higher power. Really breaks it in and ups vapor production. I do it a day or so after an install as its just starting to caramelize solids. I push it up to max recommend (or est. power cap) for the wind. For me that means well beyond 30W to slowly step up to a good power level, say 60W. It gets lively then and lasts. Periodically I repeat that if I sense a sluggish vape. This also deters excessive build up on coils of course as well as great performance.

Sorta like blowin' out the cylinders.

:D

Good luck.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I have a Sig100, its been one of my main vapes since I got it in November last year. It's been dropped, spilled on, fallen into snow, etc, all without a wrap or a silicon sleeve. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it's a well made mod. But since it's old tech, and doesn't even have a self-adjusting positive 510 connection (copper flat head grub) I suggest the IPV3 LI. If it's built like the IPV3, with better internals, I'd look into it. I'm considering either that or an sx350j dual 18650 in series custom build, but the price point of the IPV and the touch fire button are quite tempting...

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Yeah, looked it up after I posted. Shows to have one. Guess that was just the 100W that guy was talking about. I like the look of the IPV4 better, but still hearing better things about the quality of the Sig. If I'm going to sink more that $50 into something I want it to last. $75 for the Sig vs. $100 for the IPV isn't a big difference to me, but what I'm hearing about quality definitely is.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Yeah, looked it up after I posted. Shows to have one. Guess that was just the 100W that guy was talking about. I like the look of the IPV4 better, but still hearing better things about the quality of the Sig. If I'm going to sink more that $50 into something I want it to last. $75 for the Sig vs. $100 for the IPV isn't a big difference to me, but what I'm hearing about quality definitely is.
The ipv3li is basically same box as standard ipv3 just new guts. The build quality of my ipv3 has been great minus the screws to change the batts. That was addressed on the li unit and I have found the li for like 85 bucks. Tc 200 watts and titanium capable the li seems the no brainer to me. I am really close to ordering one even though my ipv3 is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread