Is 50W on a .2ohm coil same as 50W on .4ohm coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My favourite supplier has sold out of Aspire Cleito .4 ohm coils which are rated 40W-60W. I generally vape around 50W.

They have the .2ohm coils which are rated 50-70W.

If I use these at 50W will the vape be the same and ammount of liquid I go through be same as 50W on the .4ohm coils...?

Thought I'd check before I order. There are other suppliers, but these guys deliver fast and also have my favourite ADV liquids at 1.5mg, so I like to order coils and liquid together for free delivery.

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
Watts is an expression of heat dissipation, in this case through a wire wound resistor (the coil). If you maintain the same power dissipation, you shouldn't go through more juice assuming your wick surface area are roughly equal. If the wick in contact with the coil is substantially larger, it would hold slightly more juice then you'd vaporize slightly more juice. A smaller surface area coil (.2 Ohms) versus a larger surface area coil (.4. Ohms) obviously the wicks would be ever so slightly different depending of course on the type and gauge of wire you use and the coil geometry..

Reactions: defdock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread